Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2013, 07:16 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,051,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
Are youreally so much ****** that you are unable to understand this which has been repeated to you billions of times??

We do not speak about everyone british person (=what is called "individuals" in the case that word was not known to you) but about the proportions of a whole population (which means statistical averages.) !

You can be Asian looking and being British, that doesn't help the fact that Chinese people, on average, do do have the same look as British people... You individual case as nothing to see the the proportions of the whole place...

Don't become as mad. Each look that exist in the UK (as in any place in the world) makes part of the coctail that is unique (each human coctail is unique, not only British one!). Can't you just understand this? The same way your individual look it made of the addition of how look each part of yourself (hair, nose, mouth, eyes, etc...). The British look is made of the addition of the various looks that exist in British population. If you can't understand that a population where 50% of the population is "black" (as in Brazil for exemple) is not the same as a population where, say, 5% is black, as in France or maybe Britain, we really can't do nothing more to you for understand these simple facts...
The same way, a population where 50% would be light-featured is not the same thing as a population where only 5% share this features...

British population is statistically much more nordic than French one, the same way Brasil population is "blacker" than France... Why does it bother you? In Brazil there are plenty of people who are not black, that doesn't help Brasil to be much more black than France... will I get mad if a Brasilian told me that Brazil is more black than France? No, because I accepts things as they are, being darker of or lighter is not better nor worse than the other. There are no reasons to be ashamed of this or that specific look as you are of your nordic-looking compatriots.

Each country is its own cocktail. Where are you getting the Idea that only Britain does.
The nordic phenotypes of Britain that you so ashamed of are present in the other northern European countries. You can find people looking as Richard Branson, sting, Prince William, David Bowie, etc. in Germany (especially in the north), Netherlands, Denmark. But not in France, I'm sorry (which once again if you did not watched a map since our previous discussion is not in northern Europe... )

Where did you get that crazy idea that British people have been never mixing. that mixings with non-northern European elements did occurs doesn't means that the "northern European genes" ahve been wiped out? Or did the non-northern European imigrants in Britain killed the northern European looking population? I was'nt aware of this event in British history.

Also, most of migrations waves to Britain came from people in the rest of northern Europe... Frankly have you seen on a map where the British isles are situated? Do you really think that it is easyer to go in Britain for mediterranean waves of populations than from other northern European countries??

All countries of northern Europe are mixed; but all have the particularity to have non-negligible specifically nordic looks. Britain is surely not the exception, its northern-Euro population is still existing, and making a big part of the population (if not the majority, depending how we define it) even if its seemed you'd prefer it wasn't there.

For your information, the builders of Stonehenge were not Anglo-Saxons...

You have really a low estime of britain and britain's identity to describe it that way...

Ha! I was waiting to see here the famous trio "bean, ZetaJones, connery"... haha

Erm in case you were wondering it was supposed to be a 'little bit tongue in cheek!!!' lol

Old 06-14-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Are youreally so much ****** that you are unable to understand this which has been repeated to you billions of times??

We do not speak about everyone british person (=what is called "individuals" in the case that word was not known to you) but about the proportions of a whole population (which means statistical averages.) !

You can be Asian looking and being British, that doesn't help the fact that Chinese people, on average, do do have the same look as British people... You individual case as nothing to see the the proportions of the whole place...

Don't become as mad. Each look that exist in the UK (as in any place in the world) makes part of the coctail that is unique (each human coctail is unique, not only British one!). Can't you just understand this? The same way your individual look it made of the addition of how look each part of yourself (hair, nose, mouth, eyes, etc...). The British look is made of the addition of the various looks that exist in British population. If you can't understand that a population where 50% of the population is "black" (as in Brazil for exemple) is not the same as a population where, say, 5% is black, as in France or maybe Britain, we really can't do nothing more to you for understand these simple facts...
The same way, a population where 50% would be light-featured is not the same thing as a population where only 5% share this features...

British population is statistically much more nordic than French one, the same way Brasil population is "blacker" than France... Why does it bother you? In Brazil there are plenty of people who are not black, that doesn't help Brasil to be much more black than France... will I get mad if a Brasilian told me that Brazil is more black than France? No, because I accepts things as they are, being darker of or lighter is not better nor worse than the other. There are no reasons to be ashamed of this or that specific look as you are of your nordic-looking compatriots.

Each country is its own cocktail. Where are you getting the Idea that only Britain does.
The nordic phenotypes of Britain that you so ashamed of are present in the other northern European countries. You can find people looking as Richard Branson, sting, Prince William, David Bowie, etc. in Germany (especially in the north), Netherlands, Denmark. But not in France, I'm sorry (which once again if you did not watched a map since our previous discussion is not in northern Europe... )

Where did you get that crazy idea that British people have been never mixing. that mixings with non-northern European elements did occurs doesn't means that the "northern European genes" ahve been wiped out? Or did the non-northern European imigrants in Britain killed the northern European looking population? I was'nt aware of this event in British history.

Also, most of migrations waves to Britain came from people in the rest of northern Europe... Frankly have you seen on a map where the British isles are situated? Do you really think that it is easyer to go in Britain for mediterranean waves of populations than from other northern European countries??

All countries of northern Europe are mixed; but all have the particularity to have non-negligible specifically nordic looks. Britain is surely not the exception, its northern-Euro population is still existing, and making a big part of the population (if not the majority, depending how we define it) even if its seemed you'd prefer it wasn't there.

For your information, the builders of Stonehenge were not Anglo-Saxons...

You have really a low estime of britain and britain's identity to describe it that way...

Ha! I was waiting to see here the famous trio "bean, ZetaJones, connery"... haha
So you STILL HAVE NOT TOLD ME what this look is exactly that the proportions of the whole population of Britain have that you CANNOT find in a Frenchman!!!! If there is a certain look not found in France please tell me what this 'look' entails - you can't, because it doesn't exist!! I want you to tell me what EXACTLY this mythical look is and I also want you to back this up with proof - and I mean proof not by posting a picture of Richard Branson or Camilla Parker Bowles!!!!! Oh and if you want me to I could write you a long list of people in Britain that have dark hair, dark eyes or dark whatever you want in a person!!! Jeeeeez.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:57 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,270,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So you STILL HAVE NOT TOLD ME what this look is exactly that the proportions of the whole population of Britain have that you CANNOT find in a Frenchman!!!! If there is a certain look not found in France please tell me what this 'look' entails -
In France we can't find people looking with the nordic typically british people in the exemples I gave. How many times should I repeat.

Quote:
I want you to tell me what EXACTLY this mythical look is and I also want you to back this up with proof - and I mean proof not by posting a picture of Richard Branson or Camilla Parker Bowles!!!!!
I already posted genetic studies, hair color statistics, etc. If you want a word to call these northern European features we can call "nordic", "nothern European" or "north-western"... But Pictures are much better than words... More precisely decriptive than just saying "nordic" or "light-featured" and so on... To give a picture or a radar image of a flying saucer is better then just saying "I saw a flying saucer". The same way giving genetic studies and pictures is better proofs tha just words...

I still waiting for your proofs that french and British population look the same way. i'd be curious to see on what sources you construct you "belief"...

Quote:
you can't, because it doesn't exist!!
Are you going to tell me that Richard Branson, Camilla Parker Balls, Prince Harry and William, Robert plant, sting, Mick Jagger, Norman foster, Tony Blair, hugh grant, Kim wilde, Annie Lennox, David Bowie, Margaret tathcher, endless list do not exist?? Or maybe they not British??

Quote:
Oh and if you want me to I could write you a long list of people in Britain that have dark hair, dark eyes or dark whatever you want in a person!!! Jeeeeez.
For the 100000 times, we already know that there are also individuals that are dark haired in Britain!!
When are you going to understand??

And finally, will you answer me why is it so disturbing for you that french people are darker featured than British? What is it if it is not a "secret" envy that you hide to yourself? (I ask you this hundreds of time without answers).
Or maybe you are leading a secret radical political group whose plan it to eliminate all northern-looking British population (would be hard)... and you don't want to be discovered§

Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM

26,832 posts, read 22,619,213 times
Quote:

And finally, will you answer me why is it so disturbing for you that french people are darker featured than British? What is it if it is not a "secret" envy that you hide to yourself? (I ask you this hundreds of time without answers).
Or maybe you are leading a secret radical political group whose plan it to eliminate all northern-looking British population (would be hard)... and you don't want to be discovered§
Apparently he is of the mixed background and he desperately wants to "fit in" with British population in terms of looks. And the only way to "fit in" with Gr. Br. looks is to prove to himself ( and the rest of the world) is that Gr. Br. is a place with mixed population as any other country in Europe, including France. And if this is the case, then the French can't look different from the Brits.
That's what it is all about - that would be my guess)))

Old 06-14-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
In France we can't find people looking with the nordic typically british people in the exemples I gave. How many times should I repeat.

I already posted genetic studies, hair color statistics, etc. If you want a word to call these northern European features we can call "nordic", "nothern European" or "north-western"... But Pictures are much better than words... More precisely decriptive than just saying "nordic" or "light-featured" and so on... To give a picture or a radar image of a flying saucer is better then just saying "I saw a flying saucer". The same way giving genetic studies and pictures is better proofs tha just words...

I still waiting for your proofs that french and British population look the same way. i'd be curious to see on what sources you construct you "belief"...

Are you going to tell me that Richard Branson, Camilla Parker Balls, Prince Harry and William, Robert plant, sting, Mick Jagger, Norman foster, Tony Blair, hugh grant, Kim wilde, Annie Lennox, David Bowie, Margaret tathcher, endless list do not exist?? Or maybe they not British??

For the 100000 times, we already know that there are also individuals that are dark haired in Britain!!
When are you going to understand??

WTF!!!! Where EXACTLY have I said I am disturbed by this ridiculous piece of nonsense!!!! I argue the point because it IS NONSENSE, instead of just repeating yourself GIVE ME PROOF THAT THERE ARE BRITISH PEOPLE THAT LOOK IN A WAY THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR FRENCH PEOPLE TO LOOK!!! saying MARGARET THATCHER PROVES NOTHING! TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT THIS LOOK ENTAILS! I want you to tell me what features British people have that French people do not - you know why you cant - because its complete rubbish thats why! Now instead of just repeating yourself tell me!!

Old 06-14-2013, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Apparently he is of the mixed background and he desperately wants to "fit in" with British population in terms of looks. And the only way to "fit in" with Gr. Br. looks is to prove to himself ( and the rest of the world) is that Gr. Br. is a place with mixed population as any other country in Europe, including France. And if this is the case, then the French can't look different from the Brits.
I've heard him saying that it is his kids that are of mixed white/black ancestry. Maybe his kids unfortunally suffer some racism in Britain from other British people of non mixed ancestry (even if Britain is supposed to be so mixed and so open to diversity, while in fact it is a country where people are officially defined in racial categories).
It would sad for him that the only solution is to get refuge in a sort of deny of reality.
Actually it would have less problems of this kind if he lived in France, and maybe that would explain the sort of "envy" he shows. We don't know actually.

Old 06-14-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Really? and what makes you say this? You havent got the faintest idea about me and it shows, I am British and like just about every other Britain I have a mixed heritage, I CERTAINLY DO NOT want to be anything other than British - I can tell you now me, my friends, my family and my work colleagues could ALL go to France or Germany or Austria or Switzerland and be thought of as a local because there is NO BRITISH LOOK, perhaps you could tell me what it is about Britains that makes them physically distinguishable from other Europeans, please dont just say 'oh they just have a 'look'' tell me EXACTLY what it is - and while youre at it perhaps you could give me some 'proof' that Britains look differently?

Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I've heard him saying that it is his kids that are of mixed white/black ancestry. Maybe his kids unfortunally suffer some racism in Britain from other British people of non mixed ancestry (even if Britain is supposed to be so mixed and so open to diversity, while in fact it is a country where people are officially defined in racial categories).
It would sad for him that the only solution is to get refuge in a sort of deny of reality.
Actually it would have less problems of this kind if he lived in France, and maybe that would explain the sort of "envy" he shows. We don't know actually.
So now youv'e decided that Britain is a country full of racists have you!!!!??? I suppose just like everything else youv'e said you dont actually have any 'proof' to back it up do you? If not then what do you base this particular nonsense on??

Old 06-14-2013, 09:52 AM

52 posts, read 173,393 times
I have a friend that married a black women that gave him many headaches and ruined him, but that happens with all kinds of women, in fact, had he married a white, local women with money and legal advice, his luck would have been worse ..... But now he's oversensitized about the issue, and whenever anybody is speaking about blacks, he thinks they are talking about his children..and he even says constantly...don't forget you are talking to the father of two mulatto kids. I mean, he wants to appear as a victim of something that he chose freely. When you choose something freely, you can't go on behaving like if society wants to wrong you, or to seek compassion or to accuse people of not being like you. For me, there are people that love to be victims and that want to feel like robin hoods, or maybe is a paraphilia, uncletomming.

Old 06-14-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
WTF!!!! Where EXACTLY have I said I am disturbed by this ridiculous piece of nonsense!!!! I argue the point because it IS NONSENSE, instead of just repeating yourself GIVE ME PROOF THAT THERE ARE BRITISH PEOPLE THAT LOOK IN A WAY THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR FRENCH PEOPLE TO LOOK!!! saying MARGARET THATCHER PROVES NOTHING! TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT THIS LOOK ENTAILS! I want you to tell me what features British people have that French people do not - you know why you cant - because its complete rubbish thats why! Now instead of just repeating yourself tell me!!
instead of asking for the proofs, read my post where the proofs have been given to you already... Each time I answerd to you, you just have to read my posts, where I gave you my sources already a thousand times. But you seem to be afraid to watch them.

But I'm still waiting for your sources (it must be possible to find a scientific study that reveal that France and the UK populations have the same genetic materials in the same proportions, genetic maps that proove that french and British population cluster on the same area, and other studies that proove that french and british people have the same eyes, skin, and heir color in the same proportions if that is the case).

Unfortunally for you those studies have been made and say the contrary of you irrational belief. If you are so sure about yourself you must be able to find your scientific sources that contractict them. I'm waiting to see them.

PS: if you think You're not turning mad on this, look at the way you use the bolds, capital and underline at once... please calm down yourself, there in nothing bad to live in a country where the population doesn't like its southern neighbour. That is actually the case of everycountry, France included: Spanish and Italians are both nation darker than France, I won't get mad on that. diversity is good, why Europe should be all the same?

Last edited by french user; 06-14-2013 at 12:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe