Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why is Turkey not considered European? Poll. Choose the single best option.
Turkish society is Islamic in nature. 10 14.71%
Turks are Muslims. 7 10.29%
Turks are genetically far from Europeans. 2 2.94%
Turkey is the historic enemy of Europe. 4 5.88%
Turks are culturally far from Europeans. 10 14.71%
Turkey is a Eurasian country. 18 26.47%
Turkish immigration to European countries is the reason. 1 1.47%
Turkey may be a secular state by constitution, but Turkish society is Islamic by faith and Middle Eastern geo-politically. Therefore not European. 16 23.53%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 11:23 PM

35 posts, read 90,359 times

Advertisements

Choose the primary reason for which Turkey is not considered Europe or European.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2013, 11:32 PM

This is an anonymous poll Your votes are not visible to the public.

Old 11-29-2013, 11:57 PM

26,720 posts, read 22,313,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iber-Colchis View Post
This is an anonymous poll Your votes are not visible to the public.
Trying to attack the other country in order to make a favorable impression of your own is NOT a good start..

Old 11-30-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Trying to attack the other country in order to make a favorable impression of your own is NOT a good start..
I understand that, and that is not what I am trying to do at all here. I am simply surveying people's perception of why Turkey is not considered European. I am trying to understand why it is (primarily) that many Europeans don't consider Turkey to be Europe. This is true, regardless of what they consider Georgrians to be.

In fact I think there are many merits for which Turkey could be considered European. I am interested in what their predominant opinion is. That's all.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:30 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,831,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
He's created like 10 different polls as well. All having to do with haplogroups and whatnot We got ourselves a little race monger here

Old 11-30-2013, 12:36 AM

9,572 posts, read 20,697,337 times
Religion. Christianity defines Europe as an entity historically, even if many don't really practice the faith today, European culture is based on Judeo-Christian ethics and culture.

Old 11-30-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iber-Colchis View Post
I understand that, and that is not what I am trying to do at all here. I am simply surveying people's perception of why Turkey is not considered European. I am trying to understand why it is (primarily) that many Europeans don't consider Turkey to be Europe. This is true, regardless of what they consider Georgrians to be.

In fact I think there are many merits for which Turkey could be considered European. I am interested in what their predominant opinion is. That's all.
But see, SOME people consider Turkey European enough to join the E.U, yet you are casually excluding them kinda, stating matter-of- factedly that oh, it's understood that it's not European, so I only want to know your opinion WHY is it not European.
Not only that, but you innocently help everyone, defining the reasons why you don't consider Turkey European and offer everyone to vote for your reasons. C'mon, leave at least a free option, something like "other opinion/ideas" just to be more...err.. no, how should I put it - to be less obvious))))

Last edited by erasure; 11-30-2013 at 12:55 AM..

Old 11-30-2013, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
He's created like 10 different polls as well. All having to do with haplogroups and whatnot We got ourselves a little race monger here
Nah, he/she is not a race monger, I suspect it has got everything and anything to do with Turkey in particular

( On another hand, may be he/she will combine the collective effort with Saxonwold somehow)))

Old 11-30-2013, 01:49 AM

22,118 posts, read 29,483,449 times
Something something Turkic something something Islamic something something brown eyes and brown hair.

Old 11-30-2013, 03:10 AM

1,201 posts, read 1,074,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
Something something Turkic something something Islamic something something brown eyes and brown hair.
Classical prejudices against Turkey

Dude we all not have brown hair and brown eyes. we mixed. there are plenty of people who look like arabs
and plenty of people who look like Scandinavian.
I myself am sure that my look is more europeaner than many city data users

anyway about the question. No matter what european people think of, the important thing is what we as Turks think of where we belong to. we dont define themselves as we are a european nation.
Culturally and historically we are in between europe and asia. so we are a eurasian country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe