Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 10:56 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Because she's black.

Flora Conquerel Crowned Miss France - Twitter Responds with Racism - ELLE

I won't quote the article, because it contains the type of language that's not allowed on C-D.

Clearly France has a long way to go.
She is a classic beauty with the right facial features and she happens to be Black or a person of color. France is a racist nation, due to their colonial past, they still think they are better than Black people, just because plenty of African immigrants come to settle there. They tend to forget that at one time young European nations were just as shaky and trouble as many African nations are today. It has nothing to do with being Black or White. The difference is that racism in France, is not in open view as in Russia or Spain, but is hidden when it surfaces people are surprised to see its ugly head. However they are those who have evolved from such lowlessness and have come to accept other people who don't look like them or who are not white as fellow human beings. I'm White, Anglo-Saxon, redheaded, blue-eyed, I am as white as it gets, however I believe that every human being is beautiful in their own way, none is better or more intelligent than the other. I have friends of all skin tones, but I know racism is real.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 11:05 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,701,283 times
another stupid pagent..... and another reason to show ur racism.

Why are pagents even a thing in this day and age? They seem so childish and ridiculous.
A black Miss France? and Indian Miss USA? so what? .....it's a pagent....a stupid little pagent. Get over urself. It means nothing. A pagent winner means absolutely nothing.

Old 01-02-2014, 06:32 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,214,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Because she's black.

Flora Conquerel Crowned Miss France - Twitter Responds with Racism - ELLE

I won't quote the article, because it contains the type of language that's not allowed on C-D.

Clearly France has a long way to go.
She's gorgeous. Beautiful.

Must be just the way the media is setup and focused on these days. There has been plenty of black pageant winners in the past, no idea why this would be any different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe