Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 05:22 AM

560 posts, read 600,005 times

Advertisements

I am going for 4-5 days to Copenhagen for New Years and I'm researching the intricacies of the city and on what to do and how to do it without going over the budget being an expensive city that is.

What do you recommend in terms of public transportation? Should I buy single tickets on a As You Go basis or buy the Copenhagen Card which costs almost 100 euros for 5 days? Is it really worth it? A single trip costs 3 euros more or less (22 krone) and if I buy in packs of 10 it drops to 1.5 euros per trip.

But if you buy the Copenhagen Card there are a lot of stuff like museums and local atractions that you'd get it for free, so a little help here is needed.

Is the city centre that big or can you easily walk around town from one point to another? If it's flat then I'm okay walking around the city (I come from Lisbon and walk everywhere so I'm used to it... when I went to Paris, and since it was flat, walking felt like a breeze compared to Lisbon. I walked almost 20 miles the first day).

Since it's going to be such a short stay what are the MUST's in the city? Especially for people into photography.

Thanks anything else is welcome!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 08:33 PM

990 posts, read 1,945,101 times
I am not from Copenhagen, but just 2 hours away (in Blekinge, Sweden). There is lots of interesting buildings in the Copenhagen city centre. It's easy to walk from one point to another. Whenever I go to Copenhagen I use as little public transport as possible. I'd also recommend visiting Freetown Christiania for a different experience, which is a walking distance from the city centre.

And with public transport (train) you can reach neighboring Malmö, Sweden in 30 minutes for 10 euro or so and spend a couple of hours there as well.

Old 12-28-2013, 10:51 PM

5,921 posts, read 13,863,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
I am not from Copenhagen, but just 2 hours away (in Blekinge, Sweden). There is lots of interesting buildings in the Copenhagen city centre. It's easy to walk from one point to another. Whenever I go to Copenhagen I use as little public transport as possible. I'd also recommend visiting Freetown Christiania for a different experience, which is a walking distance from the city centre.

And with public transport (train) you can reach neighboring Malmö, Sweden in 30 minutes for 10 euro or so and spend a couple of hours there as well.
Slip of the pen here ?
Are we still speaking of Copenhagen ?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:19 PM

990 posts, read 1,945,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irman View Post
Slip of the pen here ?
Are we still speaking of Copenhagen ?
Well, its closer between Copenhagen to Malmö than it is from the east side of Manhattan to the west side, almost feels like a suburb to Copenhagen. Just an advice of how advanced the public transport in that region is, nothing to get hysterical about. Copenhagen-Malmö is the Detroit-Windsor of Scandinavia.

Copenhagen is far superior to its direct neighbor, though.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:44 AM

5,921 posts, read 13,863,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnusPetersson View Post
Well, its closer between Copenhagen to Malmö than it is from the east side of Manhattan to the west side, almost feels like a suburb to Copenhagen. Just an advice of how advanced the public transport in that region is, nothing to get hysterical about. Copenhagen-Malmö is the Detroit-Windsor of Scandinavia. Copenhagen is far superior to its direct neighbor, though.
Uhmmm ... , I have to agree with you there , when you look at it that way !
I haven't been in that area for umpteen years, and *heard* that Malmö is a bit *nasty* now ?

Old 12-29-2013, 11:02 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,139,959 times
A shame you don't have time to travel through Jutland - a great place to visit with lots of warm, friendly people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe