Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 01:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miserere View Post
But they love it!!!!
They don't do any harm and leave good money, "national" tourists can be as idiotic or more.
No, it's far cheaper because people buy "packages" with booze included and their beaches are somewhat "cold" to say the least.
For them, many times it's cheaper to travel in a package than stay home.
Just like Canadians that you find in Cuba, they save money from heating bills by flying to some all-inclusive state-owned roach hotel in some God forsaken "cayo" with swarming clouds of "jejenes", some sort or mosquito with a mechanical drill.
In Spain they don't bother anyone since they have their allocated areas.
Oh I agree! They leave behind LOTS of money, which I'm very happy about. Pay all you want, folks!

However, when I think of those crazy tourists, their livers must be aiming headlong toward hepatitis-land, and their genitals must have ever variety of herpes known to man. They settle for so little in a vacation!!! LOL!

When I lived in Spain I only visited one of those tourist traps, and OH-MY-GOD I wanted to leave there asap! I remained only overnight and could feel my brain shutting down.

These European beach tourist traps only serve as meeting places where they (the tourists) can bang one another (pardon the French) freely and non-stop, play a game I can only rhyme with "ROSTITUTE," plus remain drunk from arrival to departure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 05:49 PM

1,470 posts, read 2,079,988 times
I don't think that those places are tourist traps since they offer very competitive rates, and nobody is forcing them. Yes, tourists bang each other. Many years ago, the main scorers were local waiters, but it seems they have lost all interest because girls that go to those "reservations" are not attractive, most are fat and are drunk most of the time.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:28 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
The best time in Portugal is Sept-Oct-early Nov, and latter part of March, April and May. Very friendly foreign visitors come then, but not the Godzilla boozer types that we get in the summer. And even in the summer you can avoid the latter, if you are careful.

I left the U.S. to retire in Portugal, and it was one of the best decisions that I made in my life.

Old 07-24-2014, 02:35 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevxu View Post
The best time in Portugal is Sept-Oct-early Nov, and latter part of March, April and May. Very friendly foreign visitors come then, but not the Godzilla boozer types that we get in the summer. And even in the summer you can avoid the latter, if you are careful.

I left the U.S. to retire in Portugal, and it was one of the best decisions that I made in my life.
It'd be interesting to know your views about how you did it, and what your life is like there.

Old 09-14-2014, 01:26 PM

50 posts, read 108,198 times
Interesting posts

Old 09-17-2014, 10:32 AM

560 posts, read 599,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
You are so clueless! I am not going to waste my time addressing all your nonsense but have you ever heard about Mario Machado, Portugal Hammerskins, Partido Revolucionario Renovador? Mario Machado was idolized by many Portuguese people until the ended up in prison.

Portuguese skinheads is such an odd concept, especially when most Portuguese people have Jewish blood. It shows the backwards mentality of the people in this country.

BTW, I am fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish.
what? lool

yeah maybe idolized by 2-3000 people in the whole country. Any manifestations they had, never were able to gather many people.

Way to generalize a country of 10 million just because a guy is followed by 0.0001% of population or less.

Old 09-17-2014, 12:25 PM

564 posts, read 747,569 times
Quote:
Portugal and Spain are very similar, culturally. If you look at all the countries they colonized, they are all 3rd world countries with high levels of income disparity, poverty, low levels of educational attainment and usually high crime.
Yes, unlike all other countries in the world that have been colonized and are all beacons of development.

Quote:
The Portuguese and Spanish way of doing things is very similar-both have this inability to deal with reality as is, they live in a reality that only exists in their minds. The guy from Lisbon who says that Portuguese people are like British is a great example of what I am talking about.

Both have a huge inferiority complex compared to other more developed European countries- Often when I met a Portuguese person, they have this need to brag about how great their country is in an almost delusional manner.
Unlike Americans who are so humble right? Like another poster said the Portuguese are very self critical, IF you're not making that up, which I think you are, the guy you met is an exception.

Quote:
Both cultures can be incredibly racist and classist
Unlike every other country on this planet right?

Quote:
And one other cultural factor that is interesting, they always blame their faults and misfortunes on others, which goes together with their inability to face reality as is.

Both cultures are the complete opposite of anything that could lead to progress and development- look at their unemployment rate and the way they handle their economic matters- they are very similar!
The Portuguese and the Spanish blame themselves and their politicians for their misfortunes, not the rest of the world. And yes, I agree with you on that there are economical problems with these two countries, but it's odd that they're "the complete opposite of anything that could lead to progress and development" and yet you can still have a better quality of life there than you do in the US.

Quote:
Portuguese people are really British-like especially when it comes to being organized. Take a TAP flight and you will see that it is exactly like flying British Airways.
Funny how TAP was voted the best Airline in Europe by the American Global Traveler Magazine in 2011 and 2013. Is TAP perfect? Of course not, it's a ****ing airline, but you make it sound like you're travelling with Timbuktu Airlines.

Quote:
You are so clueless! I am not going to waste my time addressing all your nonsense but have you ever heard about Mario Machado, Portugal Hammerskins, Partido Revolucionario Renovador? Mario Machado was idolized by many Portuguese people until the ended up in prison.

Portuguese skinheads is such an odd concept, especially when most Portuguese people have Jewish blood. It shows the backwards mentality of the people in this country.

BTW, I am fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish.
I doubt you're fluent in both Portuguese and Spanish.

Jews have been such a tiny minority in Portugal throughout its History that saying most Portuguese have Jewish blood is so laughably ridiculous that it's the same as saying most white Americans have indian blood.

Mario Machado was never idolized, and certainly not by many Portuguese, where did you even get that?

Quote:
All you have to do is study some history. Sephardic Jews were in the area now known as Portugal way before Portugal even existed.

A lot of them were forced to convert to Catholicism and many changed their last names to Portuguese last names which makes it hard to trace their lineage.

Many Portuguese people are ashamed of their Jewish and Moorish heritage but people like Jorge Sampaio, ex-president of Portugal was very open about his Jewish heritage
Again, Jews have been a very small minority in the country, so small that they barely register on any population statistics.

I'm not saying these countries are perfect, very far from it, they have many problems to deal with, socially, economically, educationally and so on, but when people like you come to these boards and just make stuff up because they hate southern Europe it gets annoying, so please please just stop, so much stupidity and misinformation hurts. Can you please just stay out of any topic related to Southern Europe? We get it, you're one of those Northern Europe obsessed Americans that need to put everyone else down, even by making up lies. Fine, you hate anything that's not blonde and blue eyed, now can you just disappear from these topics?

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-18-2014 at 10:39 AM.. Reason: Unnecessary

Old 09-17-2014, 01:52 PM

560 posts, read 599,824 times
Well I stand corrected.

The last manifestation for the party that Mario Machado was leading had the amazing number of 50 followers... yes FIFTY people.

Old 09-17-2014, 02:15 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,940,972 times
Quote:
No, you are confused! Re-read what I typed. I said, every country that was colonized by Spain and Portugal are 3rd world countries with high levels of violence, income inequality, low levels of educational attainment and such.

The top 5 countries with the highest murder rate in the world, 4 were colonized by Spain: Honduras, Venezuela, El Salvador and Guatemala.
You think it has more to do with Spain than it has to do with later US Government involvement and control of Central/South American governments and The War on "Drugs"?

What explains the outrageous violence in US cities compared to every other 1st World nation then?

Quote:
If you love Portugal so much, why don't you move there?
Good advice-I am looking into moving to either Portugal or Spain next year for a little while even though I love The US (not the Government-the people and country).

Old 09-17-2014, 02:53 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,696,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
You think it has more to do with Spain than it has to do with later US Government involvement and control of Central/South American governments and The War on "Drugs"?

What explains the outrageous violence in US cities compared to every other 1st World nation then?

Good advice-I am looking into moving to either Portugal or Spain next year for a little while even though I love The US (not the Government-the people and country).
Those countries were peaceful in general until the Cold War, with the US propping up right wing dictators. And then chaos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe