Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 11:00 AM

823 posts, read 1,975,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Well if you're 36 or something, what's the reason you haven't found a nice Spanish girl the last 20 years?

I found plenty, was married many years, but I am free now. Moving to Oslo is a financial move, the beginning of a new chapter, so it would be nice if there's some female company in the process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2014, 11:33 AM

485 posts, read 2,247,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Ohh. Have you been rejected by a Swedish woman

The OP is moving to Oslo, Norway not Sweden.
Hehe maybe. Dang, Sorry, I confuse Swedish and Norwegian a lot.. But anyways, aren't those countries kind of the same? Or do they have a lot of differences? I didn't read the topic well...

Old 01-08-2014, 11:57 AM

485 posts, read 2,247,503 times
Again, sorry, this isn't a topic about Swedish women. I always confuse all the Scandinavian countries together, and yet I thought I was good at Geography...nope, I have still quite a bit to learn.

Old 01-08-2014, 12:29 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
Hehe maybe. Dang, Sorry, I confuse Swedish and Norwegian a lot.. But anyways, aren't those countries kind of the same? Or do they have a lot of differences? I didn't read the topic well...
hahahaha! Wow. I'll get the popcorn ready.

You're cute, OP. A little confused, but kinda cute. Good luck.

Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier77 View Post
I found plenty, was married many years, but I am free now. Moving to Oslo is a financial move, the beginning of a new chapter, so it would be nice if there's some female company in the process.
There will be. Trust me. Not all Norwegian women are 185cm tall and want a blonde viking. And when you're moving to Oslo, some 20% of the populace are immigrants.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 AM

58 posts, read 64,635 times
Quote:
By the way, I just said I wanted a "Viking experience", but nordic blondes aren´t my favorite type of women. First come Latin American women, especially "mestizo" type, with a mixture of European, Amerindian and Black blood in their genes, very curvy and passionate, think Jennifer Lopez, Jessice Alba, etc.
Is that a "Viking experience" in the medievial sense, meaning all villages burned to the ground, all males killed, all children killed, all femiles raped and killed?

Old 01-10-2014, 09:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,037,971 times
Quote:
Hi guys, I am gonna move to Oslo, Norway in a few months. I am not "short", but with just 1,70 centimeters I am not definitely tall, let's say just borderline average.

Here in Spain I've become increasingly size conscious during the past years , since it's very common for the younger generations to be at least 1,80, or even 1,90. And not only men, a lot of young girls are my same size or taller.

I am 36 years old.

I'd say around 20-30 per cent of women my same generation are same size or taller than me. But this percentage raises dramatitally for younger women.....I'd say around 40-50 per cent of young women tend to be at least as tall as me.

And that kinda removes sexual attraction....let's face it, men like shorter women, and women like taller men. (in general, of course)

So keep in mind I am talking about Spain,a Southern Europe country where the average size is shorter than Northern Europe. I fear I'll look like a dworf up there.

So I wonder how are gonna be my chances at finding romance? I mean, working and learning Norwegian are gonna be top priorities, but I wanna have some "quality time" and do some "interactions" since I am single and want to enjoy life a little bit before I turn 40.

So I'd like to hear to opinión of people who live in Scandinavia (Norway is basically the same as Sweden and Denmark).

Are Scandinavian women really into taller men? Do I have a chance at all? What's the percentage of women between 20 and 40 who are shorter than 1,70 centimeters?

Besides size, what other traits Scandinavian woman value? (besides the obvious like good looks, money, emotional maturity, etc)

Any advice will be welcome.

Tak skal du ha!
Not all Norwegians are 6feet 5inch blond Viking lookalikes you know! I think women will judge you more on how you are rather than how tall you are!

Old 01-10-2014, 10:06 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
It's 5 feet 7 inches, which makes it 5.57742782 feet for some weird reason.
5 feet 7 inches is not 5.7 feet because 1 feet = 12 inches (not 10).

Old 04-15-2014, 08:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,926 times
I have 1,83meter/ 6 feet , dont worry dude i have full experiences with my short freinds are 1,70/1,75 they are beautiful and sweet boys, they can peekup girls from big boys )
If you have a nice face .. body... They choose you .. (Rule)

Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM

1,470 posts, read 2,080,580 times
Head for the woods, you might find a gnome girl living under a mushroom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe