U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2014, 05:43 PM
 
2,258 posts, read 5,236,723 times
Reputation: 2045

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post

here again, do not trust European and international propaganda
It is only the GROSS average income which is higher in Germany than in France.
The NET (after taxes) is higher in France. The net average income per year and per hour is higher in France!
Connexion-Emploi | Salaire du brut au net en France et en Allemagne : les différences (if you understand French...)

Saying that, if you move from Germany to France, you can take a 20% pay cut and still earn the same, is ludicrous.

Think Your Taxes Are High? The 5 Countries With the Highest Taxes - DailyFinance



Unemployment rate means nothing if you don't understand it!

In France everything makes sense.

In France the unemployment is high because the economy is Efficient!

Nothing I ever read on this forum made more sense than this.

-The productivity increases each year (as opposed to the UK and Germany) so companies don"t need to hire. It is bad for the short term unemployment rate but good for the MT and LongTerm.

Labour productivity levels in the total economy


The fast decrease in unemployment in UK is due to a fast decrease of their productivity.
-The fertility rate is the highest in EUROPE thus too many people arrive in the job market (as opposed to other european countries). it is bad for the short term but good for the long term.

That must be it.

-there is NO zero hour contract, bad jobs, short term contracts, job for slaves in France like in the UK or in Germany
20% of Germans work only 10/18 hours a week and are paid 400 euros (in France it is impossible to have that sort of crappy job, and the minimum is 1100 euros NET)

Of course. Rich students and rich part time workers in France. Work 10 hours per week, still get 1100.

- unemployed people in France have a lot of advantages (as opposed to in the UK or in Germany) and they prefer being unemployed than getting a bad job like in the UK or in Germany

The fog legs just got to make you lazy. I've been saying this for years.

-all unemployed people are registered as unemployed because they benefit from some advantages that is why you can easily have more people registered as unemployed than in other countries

Of course. Only in France.
Of course
Rate this post positively

 
Old 02-21-2014, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Leeds, UK
22,256 posts, read 27,769,579 times
Reputation: 8790
As I said, amaroW is a French propagandist. He lives in the naive belief that France is some sort of shining utopia of how a country is supposed to be (because, you know, people there choose to be unemployed because being unemployed is better than being in employment - that is the ideal scenario! Viva la France). It speaks volumes that everyone else is trying so hard to knock some sense into this bonehead - and nobody is actually in agreement with the drivel he is coming out with.

I've also responded to his previous posts on other threads (identical to the above one), correcting him on the sh*t he posts about the UK economy (why was the UK even involved?!) and zero-hour contracts (which make up a fraction of UK jobs, btw), but he still seems to believe what he is posting. Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited by dunno what to put here; 02-21-2014 at 06:36 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 AM
 
Location: Hong Kong / Vienna
4,557 posts, read 5,945,171 times
Reputation: 3983
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
In France the unemployment is high because the economy is Efficient!
I'm gonna print that and hang it on my wall.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 02:09 AM
 
Location: Near Tours, France about 47°10'N 0°25'E
2,872 posts, read 4,925,706 times
Reputation: 1953
Unfortunally today France is in a very bad economic situation. Germany and the rest if northern European countries are lot better than us.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:36 AM
 
821 posts, read 875,064 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Saying that, if you move from Germany to France, you can take a 20% pay cut and still earn the same, is ludicrous.

Think Your Taxes Are High? The 5 Countries With the Highest Taxes - DailyFinance
Yes it is ludicrous but true.
You apparently don't know the difference between gross and net and you think you pay a lot of taxes in France like everybody.
But it is not the reality.
The top rate is 45% but it is the TOP RATE.. This is the reality


From gross to NET in France ==> 23%

Taxes:
6 011 €
0 %
6 011 € - 11 991 €
5,5 %
11 991 € - 26 631 €
14 %
26 631 € - 71 397 €
30 %
71 397 € - 151 200 euros
41 %
plus de 151 200 €
45 %

If you earn 12000€ a year, you pay 6011x0+5980x5,5%+9x14% = 330€ of taxes

It is one of the lowest in the World.
It is only rich people who pay taxes....and they pay less taxes than in UK or Germany.
For instance Billionnaires in France pay 8% taxes (cf Bettencourt) because you also have a lot of defiscalisations.
Why do you think all european millionnaires are in France?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
Of course. Rich students and rich part time workers in France. Work 10 hours per week, still get 1100.
YES except people in internship, you can in the worst situation received 435 euros NET.
But infact people don "t work 10h a week except for students jobs.

I am always shocked when I go in UK and Germany to see what kind of job you can have. For instance, in Germany there are cleaning ladies in each toilets and you have to pay to go to the bathroom everywhere even in restaurants HiHi...That sort of job does not exist in France ofcourse.

Last edited by amaroW; 02-22-2014 at 12:51 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:47 AM
 
2,258 posts, read 5,236,723 times
Reputation: 2045
Default Non

You are not living in the same reality.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:54 AM
 
821 posts, read 875,064 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
As I said, amaroW is a French propagandist. He lives in the naive belief that France is some sort of shining utopia of how a country is supposed to be (because, you know, people there choose to be unemployed because being unemployed is better than being in employment - that is the ideal scenario! Viva la France). It speaks volumes that everyone else is trying so hard to knock some sense into this bonehead - and nobody is actually in agreement with the drivel he is coming out with.

I've also responded to his previous posts on other threads (identical to the above one), correcting him on the sh*t he posts about the UK economy (why was the UK even involved?!) and zero-hour contracts (which make up a fraction of UK jobs, btw), but he still seems to believe what he is posting. Ignorance is bliss.
Yes people in France prefer being unemployed because they receive twice more when they are unemployed than British or German workers. It is a reality even if it seems to you to be incredible.

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-22-2014 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: Off topic
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM
 
554 posts, read 811,664 times
Reputation: 637
10h per week and 1100€ ? Definitely not a student's job. Most student's jobs are paid the minimal wage which is 9.53/h, so each 5 weeks you'll get a gross income of 475€..
But the company is certainly paying 1100€ each month once they include the employees taxes. What amaroW is saying is quite right, but I don't know if its more or less than in Germany. Citizens are not paying many direct taxes. Most of the State revenues come from the VAT (which could explain the high cost of living) and the social contributions firms are paying for each employee.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 11:59 AM
 
821 posts, read 875,064 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You are not living in the same reality.
I live and work in France so I can tell you better than you though.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 02-22-2014, 12:01 PM
 
821 posts, read 875,064 times
Reputation: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedlaRoche View Post
10h per week and 1100€ ? Definitely not a student's job. Most student's jobs are paid the minimal wage which is 9.53/h, so each 5 weeks you'll get a gross income of 475€..
But the company is certainly paying 1100€ each month once they include the employees taxes. What amaroW is saying is quite right, but I don't know if its more or less than in Germany. Citizens are not paying many direct taxes. Most of the State revenues come from the VAT (which could explain the high cost of living) and the social contributions firms are paying for each employee.
I said except student s jobs..but it still better than other countries.

And the VAT is higher in Germany!
I often go in Germany and all my friends are sick of their German job compared to what you can have in France..but you have to find a job...

Why do you think people who have a job in France will never get one in an other country except if they are ill- informed.

Last edited by amaroW; 02-22-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top