Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 02:37 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkk2chane View Post
And your Canadian French won't cause any problems. Paris is filled with tourists at any given time, your slight accent won't even get noticed.
IME, the French love women tourists who speak French, any kind of French. You should have a great time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2014, 02:57 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Just watch out
for thieves and pickpockets. That's all you have to worry about.
As they are everywhere,they are mostly in the heart of Paris.
Tourists are a ideal target choice for thieves and pickpockets.
All the tourist attractions are heaven for crooks,even inside theaters,stores in Champs Elysees,museums.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:02 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,590,154 times
My advice go to expatriats websites : american,english,canadian expatriats, some of them will accept to rent a furnished room,in the city,they can also help with tips,

Old 02-10-2014, 11:59 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,673,639 times
Very safe, but always be aware of your surroundings.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:30 AM

120 posts, read 167,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Very safe, but always be aware of your surroundings.

True Enought, Paris is safe (and not so big, you can cross the city in a 2 hours walk) but don't exhibit your belongings without necessity and prefer credit card to cash.

Old 02-11-2014, 12:00 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,604,630 times
From Mantes la Jolie to Melun, it is much more than a two hour walk.
The city doesn't stop at the Peripherique.

Old 02-12-2014, 02:43 AM

120 posts, read 167,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
From Mantes la Jolie to Melun, it is much more than a two hour walk.
The city doesn't stop at the Peripherique.
Paris is Paris so, yes, the city ends at the Peripherique (plus the Bois de Boulogne and the Bois de Vincennes).
The "ÃŽle de France" is another matter. I live in the outskirts of Paris (10 kms) and I highly recommend Speechlesspeach to cross the peripherique and pay a visit to our wonderful treasury hidden in the surrounding of the City of lights.

Last edited by Olivieroma; 02-12-2014 at 02:56 AM..

Old 02-12-2014, 03:05 AM

262 posts, read 550,104 times
No, in Paris there are no 30 year old single women who live alone and those who do are unsafe.....

Old 02-12-2014, 04:52 AM

158 posts, read 382,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivieroma View Post
Paris is Paris so, yes, the city ends at the Peripherique (plus the Bois de Boulogne and the Bois de Vincennes).
The "ÃŽle de France" is another matter. I live in the outskirts of Paris (10 kms) and I highly recommend Speechlesspeach to cross the peripherique and pay a visit to our wonderful treasury hidden in the surrounding of the City of lights.
I agree! There are a few places that she might want to check out outside of the actual city, like Versailles and the historical towns in Val d'Oise (those I know, there might be more), but the suburbs as a whole don't offer much of a tourist experience, in my opinion.
There is plenty to do in Paris, anyway, so getting bored shouldn't be a problem.

Old 02-12-2014, 07:15 AM

2,869 posts, read 5,134,177 times
Paris is safe. Of course, you need a minimum level of street smarts anywhere. Parts of a few arrondissements and some banlieues are known to be sketchy but you can easily find them through a Google search and just stay away from those if you're alone and late in the evening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesspeach View Post
Please give tips and advice. Including where can I find rental at reasonable rate.
There are thousands of options on Homeaway and Airbnb, in all neighborhoods and for all price ranges. If you restrict your sample to places with a bunch of favorable reviews you will be able to find something you like, at the price you want. Many many apartments in Paris are studios/1 BR anyway so you're more likely to be overwhelmed by choices than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe