Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 07:34 PM

26,793 posts, read 22,572,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
And you pretend to know history by throwing in personal attacks? Lol
Where do you see "personal attack"? and what am I suppose to say when you are passing wrong assumptions for a fact?
Obviously, if you base your knowledge on false premises, it's only logical that your conclusions will be wrong as well, which might manifest in admiration of someone like Rommel as the result of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 07:45 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Where do you see "personal attack"? and what am I suppose to say when you are passing wrong assumptions for a fact?
Obviously, if you base your knowledge on false premises, it's only logical that your conclusions will be wrong as well, which might manifest in admiration of someone like Rommel as the result of it.
If you don't believe what I said, you could ask for evidence or explanation.
You are not in the position to judge other people's nature.
Not to mention your post provides zero bits of real information, like some evidence to argue against my statement.

Acting smart by creating satiric comments only reveals your distasteful mentality.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
If you don't believe what I said, you could ask for evidence or explanation.
You are not in the position to judge other people's nature.
Not to mention your post provides zero bits of real information, like some evidence to argue against my statement.

Acting smart by creating satiric comments only reveals your distasteful mentality.
My mentality is "tasteful" all right, that's number one, number two - I was not "judging your nature" ( I have no idea who you are) - just pointing at your wrong assumption, which ( most likely) was leading to your wrong conclusions and hence - your admiration for a very questionable figure.

P.S. This is not a history forum which has plenty of information on a subject, so I don't see any need to bring those discussions here, and least of all - to ask for "evidence or explanation" in this particular case.

Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:

P.S. This is not a history forum which has plenty of information on a subject, so I don't see any need to bring those discussions here, and least of all - to ask for "evidence or explanation" in this particular case.
That is why I did not explain much.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:40 PM

90 posts, read 94,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Congrats, that's one of the most obscure things I ever read in my entire life.
How did so many Turks end up in Germany? Answer: Help rebuilding Germany after the Second World War.

No worries, I'm here to educate.

Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espn_lies View Post
How did so many Turks end up in Germany? Answer: Help rebuilding Germany after the Second World War.

No worries, I'm here to educate.
Most Turkish people came to Germany in the 60's and 70's... Most of the rebuilding was finished by then... Also, I never heard ANYONE blame Hitler for Turkish migration to Germany. And believe my, there is a lot of finger-pointing going on.

But hey, why should I know, right?

Old 02-13-2014, 07:52 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,890,147 times
Quote:
The Soviet Union would attack Germany sooner or later, even if Hitler did not attack them.
At that time, Germany could not defeat Britain soon, so it did not sound too bad as a choice to attack the Soviet Union.
However he underestimated the Soviets and the US got involved in.

Japan attacked the US also because they had no choice.
There are no proof that Soviet Union was going to attack Germany in June 1941

Old 02-13-2014, 09:57 AM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
To mangle a quote, you don't hang people for being incompetent in at the Devil's business - you hang them for being competent at the Devil's business. Admiration of their technique can be part of that process.

Old 02-13-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
To mangle a quote, you don't hang people for being incompetent in at the Devil's business - you hang them for being competent at the Devil's business. Admiration of their technique can be part of that process.
Something like that, but in OP's case it's the other way around I guess; first he has to distort ( to blur) the general picture, and that's how "romantic hero" shows up in it; hence - no particular thoughts of "devil's business."

Old 02-14-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
There are no proof that Soviet Union was going to attack Germany in June 1941
There is evidence. Controversial, of course.
Soviet offensive plans controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Soviet offensive plans controversy refers to the debate among historians on the question of whether Soviet Dictator Joseph Stalin was planning to invade Germany prior to Operation Barbarossa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe