Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 09:14 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,764,939 times

Advertisements

On the one hand, Nazis did many horrible things, but on the other hand, they fought for German nation and many of them were great soldiers and officers. How do German people feel about them now?

I can tell that in China many young guys are fans of Nazi Germany, not for what they did to Jews but for their military talents and strong national pride. China is also quite nationalist and had suffered colonialism. This is however funny because the Nazis chose to befriend Japan. I'm sure Hitler considered Chinese an "inferior race" too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 09:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
the german people not then not now never shared our demonization of the third reich. preventing unwanted pregnancy was what we used to punish them at nuremburg trials. we of course practice abortion on a wide scale to accomplish the same thing. we also practice assassination on a wide scale, even sometimes to americans. but we view these behaviors as part of the nazi profile.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:53 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
I don't know if I still count as young, but my contemporaries absolutely despised them back when I lived in Germany. They wouldn't even take the word "Nazi" in their mouths - it was "die Braune" (the Brown Ones) and it was spat out, too.

How would you feel if centuries and centuries of your country's history of achievement within poetry, music, science and philosophy was tainted by a decade and a half of your country losing control of its evil people?

Old 02-11-2014, 10:37 PM

5,365 posts, read 6,342,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
On the one hand, Nazis did many horrible things, but on the other hand, they fought for German nation and many of them were great soldiers and officers. How do German people feel about them now?

I can tell that in China many young guys are fans of Nazi Germany, not for what they did to Jews but for their military talents and strong national pride. China is also quite nationalist and had suffered colonialism. This is however funny because the Nazis chose to befriend Japan. I'm sure Hitler considered Chinese an "inferior race" too.
WTF?!

OP, besides this second paragraph being absolute nonsense it has nothing to do with the question you are asking.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:09 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,978 times
Quote:
how do young people in Germany view Nazis now? .

In the same way that people consider this thread.

I'm sorry but it had to be said

Old 02-11-2014, 11:11 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,843,360 times
Quote:
I can tell that in China many young guys are fans of Nazi Germany...
Where did you get this bullsh*t from? It's someone's unhealthy delusional fantasy that is nothing to do with a reality. Chinese young guys would be really upset for this kind of slander.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
Where did you get this bullsh*t from? It's someone's unhealthy delusional fantasy that is nothing to do with a reality. Chinese young guys would be really upset for this kind of slander.
I lived in China. Do you want me to provide some links? I bet you can't read Chinese though.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingMountains View Post
WTF?!

OP, besides this second paragraph being absolute nonsense it has nothing to do with the question you are asking.
It is a forum, so it is not really just Q and A. People can provide some additional information.

Last edited by Bettafish; 02-11-2014 at 11:49 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 PM

We are adults here, so when we have a conversation over a topic, we need to control our emotion. I am just talking about some phenomena.

http://www.monkeetime.com/wp-content...er-200x300.jpg

http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/h/...2HOOgKCFqJ.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 02-12-2014 at 05:56 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 02-11-2014, 11:56 PM

719 posts, read 2,667,264 times
for the most part, the only germans who like nazis are edgy racists and eastern skinheads. maybe they had good intentions for the german people, but they lost the war and germany had to pay a very huge price while hitler killed himself and abandoned the german people like a coward. a disproportionate amount of germans have family histories about being part of the resistance, so i think this speaks for the shame that the older generation feels about the whole situation. it's really quite sad, actually, that the modern history of germany has deprived a collectively-driven people of national pride and patriotism even 70 years later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe