Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2014, 08:15 AM

271 posts, read 369,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
It seems like it's mostly the UK, to be honest. I'm sure I'll draw a lot of hate and discontent from this, but from what I have seen, the dental hygiene in most of Europe does not seem to be on the same level as the United States.

It's not just the straight teeth that American clamor for, but from a lot of Europeans, primarily the British, it would seem that dirty or bad teeth are very common over there. Why is this?
If you have been to Scandinavia you will discover that they have good teeth comparing to Americans. That is what you get when dentistry is socialized.

Old 06-17-2014, 12:49 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sconesforme View Post
If you have been to Scandinavia you will discover that they have good teeth comparing to Americans. That is what you get when dentistry is socialized.
Norway: Only for citizens under 18. Adults over 20 pay full price. I visited the dentist a month ago and paid $150.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:24 PM

22,112 posts, read 29,574,917 times
The dentist is somewhat expensive here as well, if you are over 18, not in full-time education, unemployed, pregnant or elderly. Basically, if you work full-time, you pay for dental work.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 PM

271 posts, read 369,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
Norway: Only for citizens under 18. Adults over 20 pay full price. I visited the dentist a month ago and paid $150.
I know - Sweden has 20 or 21...

Old 06-17-2014, 11:02 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno what to put here View Post
The dentist is somewhat expensive here as well, if you are over 18, not in full-time education, unemployed, pregnant or elderly. Basically, if you work full-time, you pay for dental work.
Yes we can tell....

Old 06-18-2014, 07:50 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,017,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Yes we can tell....
Your'e about as funny as a broken leg.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:03 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Your'e about as funny as a broken leg.
British people don't really have a sense of humor so I won't take this comment seriously.

Old 06-18-2014, 10:02 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
The U.S. nowadays has incredibly expensive dental treatment, and none is covered by insurance, so LOTS of people (and let's leave Hollywood stars, the wealthy, and the upper middle class out of this - in other words anyone who can afford a dentist) here, have rotting teeth, horrific breath (a sign of rotting teeth), and/or false teeth (via those cheap false teeth businesses that have sprung up like weeds all over the U.S.)

There was a time when the U.S. was doing better *and* dentistry was not outrageously and impossibly expensive, and folks could at least get their cavities filled. Now? Not so much. In fact, right now the best dentistry "deal" out there is orthodontics, which is several thousand. Aside from that? Not a darn thing.

Dental offices do offer high interest bank loans for all those who can't afford dentistry though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdAilment View Post
It seems like it's mostly the UK, to be honest. I'm sure I'll draw a lot of hate and discontent from this, but from what I have seen, the dental hygiene in most of Europe does not seem to be on the same level as the United States.

It's not just the straight teeth that American clamor for, but from a lot of Europeans, primarily the British, it would seem that dirty or bad teeth are very common over there. Why is this?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:22 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,183,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
The U.S. nowadays has incredibly expensive dental treatment, and none is covered by insurance, so LOTS of people (and let's leave Hollywood stars, the wealthy, and the upper middle class out of this - in other words anyone who can afford a dentist) here, have rotting teeth, horrific breath (a sign of rotting teeth), and/or false teeth (via those cheap false teeth businesses that have sprung up like weeds all over the U.S.)

There was a time when the U.S. was doing better *and* dentistry was not outrageously and impossibly expensive, and folks could at least get their cavities filled. Now? Not so much. In fact, right now the best dentistry "deal" out there is orthodontics, which is several thousand. Aside from that? Not a darn thing.

Dental offices do offer high interest bank loans for all those who can't afford dentistry though!
I bet it is less expensive than in Norway. How much do you pay for a regular check-up?

Old 06-18-2014, 01:31 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Check ups are cheap here because all they do is look, but anything you need to get done, get ready to rob a bank!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
I bet it is less expensive than in Norway. How much do you pay for a regular check-up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe