Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2014, 02:55 PM

228 posts, read 367,760 times

Advertisements

Most people I know don't have bad teeth

Old 07-14-2014, 03:03 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,667,654 times
Ha, as a European, I must say that I was impressed with American teeth. So much so that I had all my teeth pulled and replaced with implants. $55,000 later my teeth are now as good if not better than most locals and now consider myself a real American.

Old 07-14-2014, 03:06 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,737,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
Ha, as a European, I must say that I was impressed with American teeth. So much so that I had all my teeth pulled and replaced with implants. $55,000 later my teeth are now as good if not better than most locals and now consider myself a real American.
Every last little tooth, eh? Wow. All at the same time, or spaced out over several visits?

<-- and do you now look like this?

Old 07-14-2014, 10:53 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,667,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Every last little tooth, eh? Wow. All at the same time, or spaced out over several visits?

<-- and do you now look like this?
This was 13 years ago, spaced out over a two-year period. I’m 73 years old, my teeth did not look any worse than people my age. I just did not like them compared to today’s standards.

My wife did said you paid for a Mercedes and all you got was the grill.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
This was 13 years ago, spaced out over a two-year period. I’m 73 years old, my teeth did not look any worse than people my age. I just did not like them compared to today’s standards.

My wife did said you paid for a Mercedes and all you got was the grill.
You're a brave man, getting every tooth out!

Old 07-15-2014, 10:46 AM

32,115 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yanks are partial to their straight, pearly whites. Brits enjoy a more zigzag, earthy-colored set of chompers. Different strokes for different folks.
Yes. Americans are generally sloppy dressers, but obsessive over teeth. And nails. And feet. When I meet a new person, I subconsciously do a brief examination of their chops. Straight, white teeth has always been a non-negotiable for me.

Here's a British girl with nice teeth. This is the way your mouth is supposed to look.

Natural and Sunkissed Date Night Makeup Tutorial | Jaydee Stone - YouTube

In America, great teeth is seen as a class marker. Like, if your parents could afford it, they dragged you down to the orthodontist for braces, sanding, shaping, etc.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
Yes. Americans are generally sloppy dressers, but obsessive over teeth. And nails. And feet. When I meet a new person, I subconsciously do a brief examination of their chops. Straight, white teeth has always been a non-negotiable for me.

Here's a British girl with nice teeth. This is the way your mouth is supposed to look.

Natural and Sunkissed Date Night Makeup Tutorial | Jaydee Stone - YouTube

In America, great teeth is seen as a class marker. Like, if your parents could afford it, they dragged you down to the orthodontist for braces, sanding, shaping, etc.
The new class marker in the U.S. is fake teeth - crowns or dentures over implants, dentures over implants, veneers over misshapen or darkish teeth, and every bit of it in an unnatural color I happen to call, "NON-HUMAN BLINDING WHITE." Of course those are people who can afford the costs of such procedures, which is the cost of a nice vehicle. Some I'm sure get into heavy debt to afford it.

I can always tell when someone has what I call fake teeth and I automatically visualize the person with bad teeth. I'm a stealth scrutinizer of people trying too hard to make a great impression!!

Old 07-15-2014, 11:30 AM

32,115 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
The new class marker in the U.S. is fake teeth - crowns or dentures over implants, dentures over implants, veneers over misshapen or darkish teeth, and every bit of it in an unnatural color I happen to call, "NON-HUMAN BLINDING WHITE." Of course those are people who can afford the costs of such procedures, which is the cost of a nice vehicle. Some I'm sure get into heavy debt to afford it.
Where do you get this stuff from? What do you think the number of people with veneers is (costing $2,500 and up per tooth) compared to the number of people who've had braces?

Old 07-15-2014, 11:48 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,069,069 times
Quote:
Nice teeth can take you places and are with you for life. Nice teeth can attract a nice partner. You can crash a car, and no one cares about cars unless you have an Aston Martin.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:59 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,825,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post

Interesting. My teeth are in excellent condition, have had one single small cavity in one tooth in my 30 years on this planet and not any other problems, ever. They are reasonably white and fit well in my mouth, but comes in all shapes and sizes.

I wouldn't even dream to sand or shape them, and neither did my parents, though they could've afforded it. The whole idea seems completely out of this world. And I think most Europeans share my view, we accept our teeth as they come, unless they create chewing or health problems, or create any severe aesthetic damage.

So I think the thread title should be "Why aren't Europeans as obsessed with straight uniform teeth as Americans?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe