Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2020, 12:17 AM

26,777 posts, read 22,526,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
WTF, seems like Russia does everything differently. From driving, to cleaning, to schools etc. Do they do anything that is same as western countries? Btw are cars cheap in Russia, considering how bad drivers are there, either auto insurance must be very cheap or cars.

"Western" as in what, American?

Because "Western" and "American" is not one and the same thing you know...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 12:23 AM

1,348 posts, read 624,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by looker009 View Post
WTF, seems like Russia does everything differently. From driving, to cleaning, to schools etc. Do they do anything that is same as western countries? Btw are cars cheap in Russia, considering how bad drivers are there, either auto insurance must be very cheap or cars.
Yes, our insurance is quite cheap.

Old 07-09-2020, 12:43 AM

Borders of Rus and Russia from 850th to 2020th. Interactive map.

https://map.runivers.ru/?year=1462

Old 07-09-2020, 06:52 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Western" as in what, American?

Because "Western" and "American" is not one and the same thing you know...
I meant to say American

Old 07-09-2020, 06:58 AM

4,169 posts, read 2,139,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimogor View Post
In family is not without a freak, as they say.

There are a lot of idiots in any country. And USA is no exception also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SVKO0_jTAk
For sure we he idiots drivers as well

Old 07-09-2020, 08:54 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,435,134 times
In truth it needs to be said. Americans are far and away the best drivers in the world.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
In truth it needs to be said. Americans are far and away the best drivers in the world.
Oh, you Americans love to put yourself first, even when you are not.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post

The area you live in - certainly. The most courteous and attentive kind of divers ( at least from what I remember.)

Unfortunately I can't say the same about the area where I live.
Can't tell you how many times I was praying for my dear life while biking ( was actually hit couple of times,) because the drivers are not even looking in the direction where they can hit someone.

But anyways, back to Russian news. I saw something last night on "60 minutes," that made all my bells and whistles go off, and I might as well take back what I've said to Looker earlier - that is total disinterest of Putin to acquire additional lands.

I've learned that one more particular group of people ( let's put it this way,) is apparently planning to join Russian parliament with their new party, and the best way I can describe these people, is that they are the Russian Nationalists slash Monarchists, with all the following consequences.
I was watching them from the corner of my eye starting from certain point of "Ukrainian events," but I thought they were marginal. However it looks that now they are going mainstream, being represented in Russian government.

This is the new development, and I see it as a response to the growing American aggression ( NATO first of all) towards Russia, and failure of the initial Putin's plan regarding Donbass. ( As I expected.)

Things are heating up there again, so I need to look more into it at this point.

[Mod cut: foreign language]

Last edited by elnina; 07-16-2020 at 10:32 AM..

Old 07-09-2020, 12:58 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,852,680 times
Isn't it cute. Russian militia using the confederate flag without the stars. "Rebels" indeed. People outside of Russia don't watch Russian propaganda TV shows though, but nice try.

Last edited by DKM; 07-09-2020 at 01:06 PM..

Old 07-09-2020, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Isn't it cute. Russian militia using the confederate flag without the stars. "Rebels" indeed. People outside of Russia don't watch Russian propaganda TV shows though, but nice try.

No DKM, it's not always about the US - you probably need to get more acquainted with the European history. "American ideas" are not as "unique and innovative" as you would like to imagine - they are coming from elsewhere,

( pay attention at this particular excerpt: "From its use as field sign, the saltire came to be used in a number of flags, in the 16th century for Scotland and Burgundy, in the 18th century also as the ensign of the Russian Navy, and for Ireland." ( In the US the Saltire came already later.)

With that being said, I had to look up that particular banner pertaining to Donbass, since I didn't see it too often, and I know that both DNR and LNR banners don't look like that.

And sure enough, it turned out to be the initial war banner of the Novorossija right after the revolt against the occupational forces in Kiev, but before the area was separated into two different entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe