Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 05:34 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,795,965 times

Advertisements

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H6XW_a4TYu..._hair_map1.jpg

I actually think blondness is actually under-estimated among Britons, especially the English from the northeast and eastern Scotland. Many people equate Germans with the old Aryan ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more blonde adults in the UK than Germany, since eastern Britain is quite heavily Norse. Going by people of British background, natural blondes aren't all that uncommon.

Last edited by elnina; 05-02-2014 at 10:24 AM..

Old 05-02-2014, 07:59 AM

603 posts, read 1,631,480 times
I would not say there is not any blondes, they are blonds but the amount Britain has is not as wide compared to Germany which has far more compared to the UK, even Switzerland and parts of France are much blonder.

Britain would rather have more redheads than blonds though.

In Slavic or Eastern European countries there is possibly a very high amount of blonds in their countries which is almost non-comparable in other countries.

This is from my travels to other countries also that I have noticed.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:58 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,757 times
I would say there are more blondes the UK than in southern Germany and probably about equal with Northern Germany. Red hair would be more common in the UK though, as would fair skin.

Old 05-02-2014, 05:58 PM

Well I have also been to England, and blondes seem common, although of course with women it's not always easy to tell at glance because of those who colour their hair.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,486,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_H6XW_a4TYu..._hair_map1.jpg

I actually think blondness is actually under-estimated among Britons, especially the English from the northeast and eastern Scotland. Many people equate Germans with the old Aryan ideal, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are more blonde adults in the UK than Germany, since eastern Britain is quite heavily Norse. Going by people of British background, natural blondes aren't all that uncommon.
Sure, that's what Hitler said. So it must be true. Lots of people can have blond hair and still not have any "Nordic heritage".

Old 05-03-2014, 01:34 AM

2,825 posts, read 5,263,238 times
England has about the same proportion of blond people than the countries located at similar latitudes, included northern germany which lies on the other side of the north sea, east of England.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:44 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
I would say there are more blondes the UK than in southern Germany and probably about equal with Northern Germany. Red hair would be more common in the UK though, as would fair skin.
Red hair is NOT more common than blonde hair in Briton!!!! The most common hair colour in Briton by far is brown!! Why is this forum full of Europeans that seem to spout nothing but stereotypical nonsense all the time! I couldn't tell you about Germany because I don't live there (I'm not stupid enough to claim that all Germans are blond just because of a stereotype), however I DO live in the UK so I know what the truth is!

Old 05-03-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Red hair is NOT more common than blonde hair in Briton!!!! The most common hair colour in Briton by far is brown!! Why is this forum full of Europeans that seem to spout nothing but stereotypical nonsense all the time! I couldn't tell you about Germany because I don't live there (I'm not stupid enough to claim that all Germans are blond just because of a stereotype), however I DO live in the UK so I know what the truth is!
I think they meant it was more common in Britain than Germany, not that it was more common than blonde.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:13 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
The most common hair colour of adult Britons and Germans by the way, by far is brown. Only Gobineau, the Nazis were pushing for the stereotype of the" blonde hair, blue-eyed Aryan" which is nonsense. In Britain, the eastern regions are traditionally known to have more blonde-haired people than in western regions. In Germany, the northern regions are known to have much more blonde-haired people than in southern regions, the difference between the north and the south Germany is greater than the difference between eastern and western Britain. Thus overall Britain is more equivalent to northern regions of Germany than to southern Germany. However people with ash-blonde hair are more common amongst the northern Germans, than with the Britons who are usually more of the golden and sandy blonde types. Strawberry blondes which is a rarer type is more common among Britons than Germans. However the differences between these groups are not great and much less than that between them and Southern Europeans.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:28 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,427,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french user View Post
England has about the same proportion of blond people than the countries located at similar latitudes, included northern germany which lies on the other side of the north sea, east of England.
Yes, you are right on that. The equivalence of light hair in England is similar to Europeans which lay at similar latitudes.
http://unsafeharbour.files.wordpress...ationgenes.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.