Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 11:42 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,521,013 times

Advertisements

Or not impact at all?

Obviously the criminals and terrorists never seem to follow the law... they bring their AK47's into "gun free zones". Many cops in Europe don't even have a gun. Like the one's who were first on the scene today riding on bicycles, and not armed.

I'm interested in seeing some opinions on here from Europeans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 11:47 AM

5,586 posts, read 10,651,608 times
The gun ownership angle hadn't crossed my mind to be honest.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:48 AM

276 posts, read 330,545 times
Won't help. Islam is the problem. Radicalism will continue to grow until Islam takes over the world completely

Old 01-07-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Valentino- View Post
Won't help. Islam is the problem. Radicalism will continue to grow until Islam takes over the world completely
But it might give you a chance to protect yourself. I just think about these poor people in that office today - even if they had advanced notice from security cameras that these terrorists were coming to kill them, there was literally nothing they could have done about it. Even if the police could get there immediately, they would have to be armed.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM

646 posts, read 465,077 times
No, it does not change my mind one bit. I am not in favor of gun ownership. Period.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:01 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
But it might give you a chance to protect yourself. I just think about these poor people in that office today - even if they had advanced notice from security cameras that these terrorists were coming to kill them, there was literally nothing they could have done about it. Even if the police could get there immediately, they would have to be armed.
Dude, there's gun lust saliva dripping down your chin.

This is one of the most striking myths anywhere, drummed up by the NRA and other gun loving Americans. Just a false narrative (see article):

The myth of the almighty gun

Me, myself, I protected myself from assailants 10 times last year with my car keys alone! Hmm, now how do I prove that?...

Old 01-07-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

This is one of the most striking myths anywhere, drummed up by the NRA and other gun loving Americans. Just a false narrative (see article):

Me, myself, I protected myself from assailants 10 times last year with my car keys alone! Hmm, now how do I prove that?...
Is that right? I don't own a gun. But feel free to keep making ASSumptions

Those must be some great car keys!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:08 PM

61 posts, read 68,554 times
Yes I agree, if the victims had a gun, they might have a little chance. And at least they wouldn't have been killed like animals.
The problem is that having a gun is a tabou in Europe (you're almost a fascist if you prone that). So we europeans are going to disappear without any fight. Because the suburban riff-raff, funny enough, have no taboo at all.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:09 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post

I don't even need car keys. I've protected myself from assailants with my superior control of my body's electromagnetic energy! I'm a Qi Gong master.

Old 01-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessplayer View Post
Yes I agree, if the victims had a gun, they might have a little chance. And at least they wouldn't have been killed like animals.
The problem is that having a gun is a tabou in Europe (you're almost a fascist if you prone that). So we europeans are going to disappear without any fight. Because the suburban riff-raff, funny enough, have no taboo at all.
and isn't that a little sad

is being PC so important that people would exchange their safety for it? This is a different world we live in. Europe is unrecognizable from even 15-20 yrs ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe