U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 03:52 PM

1,008 posts, read 1,226,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
LOL so true!

Your making this a competition, people suffering in the hands of others isn't a competition.

American history is dominated by slavery and persecuting African people just because of the fact their different. The founders of the New world were murders, rapists and thieves whole cultures and languages in the Americas and the rest of the world have been wiped out at the hands of European superiority.

The Americans who enslaved Africans were European so this "Europe had a darker history" is rubbish. Wherever Europeans went they murdered so the correct statement would be "European people had the most dark history"

Also I'm of African descent not White which is what you probably assumed.

I really don't get how you can say the Atlantic slave trade wasn't "dark" mean who are you?

How is killing Native Americans and burning down civilizations not "dark"?

Face facts European people wherever they were especially when in contact with other cultures were evil and brutal. The effects can be seen today so please save your petty arguments...

No. Europeans are the creators of all that is good with the world.

It's the middle easterners that are "evil and brutal".
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2014, 04:11 PM

14,873 posts, read 18,784,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
No. Europeans are the creators of all that is good with the world.

It's the middle easterners that are "evil and brutal".
Mhm yes you guys are so amazing

Old 09-08-2014, 12:25 AM

47 posts, read 36,434 times
I suspect the OP's American experience is no more extensive than the cab ride to Hartsfield-Jackson airport.

Old 10-10-2014, 03:31 PM

993 posts, read 1,679,889 times
Hovsjö, Sweden:
http://www.sodertalje.se/mainupload/...jo_420-280.jpg

Hjällbo, Sweden

http://www.direktpress.se/Global/Dir...markullen3.jpg

Husby, Sweden
http://www.stockholmskallan.se/Temp/...1088418693.jpg

Tensta, Sweden
http://www.stadsmuseet.stockholm.se/...torik/21_7.jpg

Årsta, Sweden
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5212/5...360eae9d_b.jpg

Täby, Sweden
http://www.byggvarlden.se/31/newsima...NARY_97721.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 10-10-2014 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 10-11-2014, 07:45 AM

1,689 posts, read 2,397,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS39 View Post
Do Europeans share this view with me?

If I took an average piece of country in any nation in Europe and stacked it next to the US/Canada equivalent, I find the US one comes in very boring and dull-looking
Most depressing for charm anyone would tell you is a flight from Paris back to Atlanta and then switching from the more charming Air France carrier to connecting to a plain ole mediocre Delta flight with crowded ugly airport lines and mediocred American average-ism
The loss of the long European summer days and comfy temperatures and millennia old landscapes

To a land filled with Walmarts and quizno and Starbucks and humid 90-degree stagnant air and nothing of Any real charm

Most architecturally impressive for the US I find to be the towns around Boston Harbor and Newport Rhode Island, but even those wane in impression next to real harbor towns in Scotland, Ireland, England

I find very little resemblance ANYWHERE in US to real Dutch, Belgian country and architecture

Very mild resemblance between some Midwest towns and Germany,

Perhaps a touch of Barcelona and Nice in San Francisco

Scenic wise the most impressive unmatched US scenery would be the red rocks of the Colorado River in Desert Southwest and Zion national park

But it takes but one European town to capture the charm unfounded in 90% of the US
I agree, I lived in the US for ten years

However you have to go to the US and value other things (how fast and easy things happen, beautiful landscapes, great comfort etc.)

While I think NYC, boston and a couple of other cities are great, I am not a fan of middle america (suburbias, shopping malls, highways, no culture, Religion, race, work work work!!)

But the US is not the only country like that.... Canada and Australia are too!!

I remember driving from Toronto to Vancouver in Canada, for over two days we had nothing but plains and small redneck towns with mcdonalds and walmarts.

Then we got to Calgary which looks like Dallas Texas (highways everywhere, shopping malls, suburbias, jesus christ loves you sign, racial tension) and then drive for another two days thru redneck towns until you're in vancouver where everything looks exactly like calgary, except with a lot of chinese people!

Australia is even more like that!!! (try to drive from Sydney to Melbourne, it takes a day and you dont even see a decent size town, it's all shopping malls, suburbias, big cars with big people, jesus christ signs, race)

the US, australia and Canada are very similar!

However they all have their own charm, which is quite different from the charm of Europe, but you have to find it and appreciate it!

Last edited by Irene-cd; 10-11-2014 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe