Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 11:47 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times

Advertisements

I was just watching a Dutch tv program about scams and the journalist bought ten 20 euro bills for 50 euro, the seller claimed that around 50% of all the fake Euro bills in the world are made in Napoli.

There were also guys on every corner selling fake Iphones and cigarettes boxes.
The place looked dirty and shady, if i didn't know i thought it was somewhere in Latin America.

The journalist bought a bag full of fake cigarette boxes (styrofoam with nails inside it) and went to the police, the police advised not to make a report, wtf?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2017, 02:17 PM

3,326 posts, read 2,620,696 times
Yes in western Europe. Not in overall Europe.

I bet there are more criminal places in Bosnia, Albania, Moldova...etc

Old 04-27-2017, 02:56 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,191,573 times
The city seems like a dump. Literally.

Old 04-27-2017, 03:01 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Godfather capital in the world.

Dorme con i pesci?

Old 04-27-2017, 03:11 PM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrwlt View Post
The city seems like a dump. Literally.
Yeah, at least the historical downtown of Napoli is cute (but there are graffitis on a lot of monuments unfortunately). For me it's not the city of Napoli itself, but the hundred cities all around, where it's way more poor.
Outside Napoli it can be extremely dirty... I was in Scafati, very weird place.
Well in France we have our Napoli, Marseille so I won't dynamite Napoli, it's still a city worth to visit in my opinion and I also had amazing time here, despite garbage, pure mess and prostitutes.
But Napoli is a city that make Paris (not a model of order and cleanliness) look like Zurich or Oslo

Old 04-28-2017, 05:31 AM

321 posts, read 400,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
Yeah, at least the historical downtown of Napoli is cute (but there are graffitis on a lot of monuments unfortunately). For me it's not the city of Napoli itself, but the hundred cities all around, where it's way more poor.
Exactly, Naples city itself is in fact a cute lively city which BTW has recently seen an improvement in the quality of city administration and a nice growth in tourism.
The criminal activities mostly occurs in the cities making up the hinterland of Naples.

And, this is always to remember, being an European city Naples is mostly a very safe place, with a very low rate of violent crime. The prevalent type of crime is opportunistic crime: pickpocketing, snatching theft, scam, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokitobounto View Post
But Napoli is a city that make Paris (not a model of order and cleanliness) look like Zurich or Oslo
Very true

Old 04-28-2017, 06:13 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Naples / Napoli has the most amazing architecture right next to the dangerous neighborhoods. Ever been Via Toledo ? Worst and best right next to each other.

It is quite something to visit the underground network and see houses that were caved 2,000 years ago still in use.

Amazing place, but tough for sure.

Old 04-28-2017, 08:29 PM

194 posts, read 423,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junter View Post
Yes in western Europe. Not in overall Europe.

I bet there are more criminal places in Bosnia, Albania, Moldova...etc
There is no city in Bosnia, Albania, Moldova that is coming close in criminality to Napoli. The Balkans and Eastern Europe are poor and corrupt but not that dangerous.

Old 04-29-2017, 02:07 AM

1,891 posts, read 1,685,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent2780 View Post
There is no city in Bosnia, Albania, Moldova that is coming close in criminality to Napoli. The Balkans and Eastern Europe are poor and corrupt but not that dangerous.
Well that's the case of Napoli too ( well, cities around Napoli) extremly corrupted, far from being rich but I survived traveling here and nobody jumped on me with a knife to steal my phone...

Old 05-01-2017, 07:43 AM

603 posts, read 1,632,356 times
I'm not surprised Napoli is that corrupt out of Italy.

I remember going their and they were selling some jewellery to a French couple, suddenly five minutes later the couple realized they were tricked and paid over price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe