Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 07:05 PM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't belive that's the way the "lay out" things for them - "Hon, you are going to serve organization whose main purpose is to kill and to provide the chemical warfare."
It's all about "brotherhood, the higher purpose, close friends to death."
It's the stuff that sells for rebellious teenagers, and the sly muslims know how to sell it.
Not buying it. they knew exactly what they were getting themselves into and now it's too hard, waaaaaa. so they want out. they deserve everything they get. they wanted to be poster wives. they got their wish. now they are poster girls who serve as a cautionary tale for others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2014, 09:58 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,986,643 times
Nope, their Austrian citizenship should be revoked.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:08 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
How much y'all want to bet those girls got raped by the men they were given to for marriage? I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I wouldn't say they deserved it. Those girls got in over their heads. Probably the imam and other people responsible in the mosque they were attending in Austria should be held accountable for not divulging how women are treated over there, and what would happen to girls going into a society like that unaccompanied by male friends or relatives. Undoubtedly no one told them they weren't safe walking around on their own, let alone joining a radical movement.

They learned a hard lesson. They should be brought back to Austria, and required to go on TV and on a speaking tour to tell other young women what they experienced, and what the people in the movement are really like.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:35 PM

202 posts, read 224,762 times
Wish them good stay in their "home" country hope all the other muslims in Europe will follow them asap.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:56 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,928 times
Don't they think that they will be beheaded by their husbands if they try to run off?

On the other hand all this is authorities's and parents's fault. Why they knew nothing about these girls's 'hobbies'? Why border guards let them leave despite of they were looks young and were without parents?

Last edited by Atai J.; 10-13-2014 at 03:14 AM..

Old 10-13-2014, 07:43 AM

2,253 posts, read 2,522,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
How much y'all want to bet those girls got raped by the men they were given to for marriage? I wouldn't wish that on anyone, and I wouldn't say they deserved it. Those girls got in over their heads. Probably the imam and other people responsible in the mosque they were attending in Austria should be held accountable for not divulging how women are treated over there, and what would happen to girls going into a society like that unaccompanied by male friends or relatives. Undoubtedly no one told them they weren't safe walking around on their own, let alone joining a radical movement.

They learned a hard lesson. They should be brought back to Austria, and required to go on TV and on a speaking tour to tell other young women what they experienced, and what the people in the movement are really like.
Disagree

"The girls had started lecturing schoolmates about their lifestyle and were even suspected of being behind a vandalism attack at their school calling for jihad."

They made their bed.

Old 10-13-2014, 10:54 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,701,281 times
Yes. They were wrong, now they know and that is too big prize to pay.

(If that is not just a new plot...)

Old 10-13-2014, 11:46 AM

3,379 posts, read 5,538,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlumPlum View Post
Teenage rebellion gone very, very wrong. I do sympathize with them though, they are quite young, probably didn't see the ramifications fully
That's kind of how I see it. Incredibly stupid and ignorant of them, but teenagers do stupid things and I think this just got way out of hand in one of the worst possible scenarios ever.

I think they should be able to come back if they want, but yeah, there has to be some serious intermediation here for sure. And put them in school.

Old 10-13-2014, 11:49 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atai J. View Post
Don't they think that they will be beheaded by their husbands if they try to run off?

On the other hand all this is authorities's and parents's fault. Why they knew nothing about these girls's 'hobbies'? Why border guards let them leave despite of they were looks young and were without parents?
This is a good question. In the West, "border guards" don't check citizens who are leaving. However, border guards/immigration officials of the countries through which they passed should have been suspicious. But, I, myself, have seen young teenage girls traveling alone on the train from Vienna to Hungary, and train conductors and passport control were unconcerned.

Old 10-13-2014, 12:24 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,347,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This is a good question. In the West, "border guards" don't check citizens who are leaving. However, border guards/immigration officials of the countries through which they passed should have been suspicious. But, I, myself, have seen young teenage girls traveling alone on the train from Vienna to Hungary, and train conductors and passport control were unconcerned.
I guess it's fairly easy to navigate through the Balkans, especially when you speak Serbo-Croatian and have an Austrian passport. There is literally no country between Austria and Syria that would stop you at the border, especially when you get rid of your niqab for a couple of hours. They are all EU members (no passport controls) or candidates/prospects that want to avoid diplomatic hassles with Austria.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe