Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 08:00 PM

16,257 posts, read 43,181,569 times

Advertisements

There are plenty of white American men interested in WOC....

However, the difference, possibly, between France and the USA, is that the USA has entire cities that are almost half black, and a lot of black women can really isolate themselves from even coming into any social circle whatsoever that intersects with available white men.

Of all races/genders in the U.S., the WOC (black women) are the least likely to marry outside of their race. I think it mostly comes down to the fact that most really do search for black men, and additionally, within the black community, while black men are 'somewhat allowed' to date outside of their race, with some grief from black women about it. Generally, black women get a whole lot more flack from it.
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 12:41 AM

91 posts, read 125,996 times
Well that is an interesting question. I dated an African American woman on US soil for a short while and she warned me on our first date: black men will yell insults and profanities at us when they see us together. It happened immediately as we stepped out on the street after she said that. AA men get very upset when they see a white man going with a AA woman and it can be challenging. They see it as an intrusion of sorts.

In Europe this is not an issue because African people are a actually either African or descendants and both Europeans as well as Africans are much more accepting and open minded then white or black Americans. I find eastern US more friendly to interracial couples then West coast.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:25 PM

215 posts, read 390,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waviking24 View Post
Americans have a thing for blue eyes/blonde hair.
Americans have a thing for girls who give good head.

Im sure the French equally feel the same.

Old 01-02-2015, 11:08 PM

98 posts, read 117,677 times
I am a black woman and foreigners of all kinds love me. I have always ignorantly assumed they just wanted to kidnap me and sell me into sex slavery or something. However after reading this thread I am thinking they just genuinely want to talk to me.

Old 01-03-2015, 04:45 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,424,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by umropantelija View Post
Well that is an interesting question. I dated an African American woman on US soil for a short while and she warned me on our first date: black men will yell insults and profanities at us when they see us together. It happened immediately as we stepped out on the street after she said that. AA men get very upset when they see a white man going with a AA woman and it can be challenging. They see it as an intrusion of sorts.

In Europe this is not an issue because African people are a actually either African or descendants and both Europeans as well as Africans are much more accepting and open minded then white or black Americans. I find eastern US more friendly to interracial couples then West coast.
See, if you knew the history of America. You would have understood why there is a difference the way, people view interracial marriage in America, in comparison to most European countries. In Europe, there wasn't really t tensions between white and black people. Black people whether from African and Caribbean countries in Europe were just seen as immigrants and were treated as other immigrants are treated. In Early America, African descendants were slaves working in plantations, at one time not even considered to be fully "human". In the days of slavery, a white master could do anything he wanted with black female slaves, but the black males were forbidden by law to have any relationship with a white female and was not allowed to intervene on behalf of a black female even if they were married, if he did he would face heavy penalties. America has obviously greatly progressed from that stage, but some strong racist stereotypes still hold with some people. There is also a lot of bitterness within the black community, despite the fact that interracial marriages are more and more accepted and allowed nowadays. From time, people may show hostility, when they come across a mixed couples, that is probably what you had experienced. In my experience, I'd say that the West Coast is more accepting to interracial marriages than the East Coast.

Last edited by Rozenn; 01-06-2015 at 02:07 PM.. Reason: Formatting

Old 01-04-2015, 07:40 AM

215 posts, read 390,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeWine View Post
I am a black woman and foreigners of all kinds love me. I have always ignorantly assumed they just wanted to kidnap me and sell me into sex slavery or something. However after reading this thread I am thinking they just genuinely want to talk to me.
they probably do want to make you a sex slave.

and then put it in youtube

that's what I would do to you.

Last edited by Tenn82; 01-04-2015 at 08:44 AM..

Old 01-04-2015, 08:21 AM

687 posts, read 915,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
There are plenty of white American men interested in WOC....
Not percentage wise. Not at all.
Quote:
However, the difference, possibly, between France and the USA, is that the USA has entire cities that are almost half black, and a lot of black women can really isolate themselves from even coming into any social circle whatsoever that intersects with available white men.
Almost half black? We have many cities that are majority black, with some of those being nearly entirely black. Certainly there are neighborhoods in any of these that are literally 100% black. It is true what you are saying about being able to isolate, but whether that's by choice or just the reality on the ground is another debate. If white men in America were clamoring for black women you'd see these men flocking into black areas to hang out, party, and associate...which simply isn't happening en masse.
Quote:
Of all races/genders in the U.S., the WOC (black women) are the least likely to marry outside of their race.
Because even if they wanted to....who will take the plunge? Even assuming white males find black females attractive (I find very, very few to be) then you have major personality issues to contend with.
Quote:
I think it mostly comes down to the fact that most really do search for black men,
Probably true. Most people seek to be with people with similar cultural values. For me getting along with the loud, aggressive personalities that most black women in the US seem to possess is a no-go. Getting along culturally with an entire family like that...no thanks. I have no problem getting along with black men in the workplace, none at all, but I have always found black women in the workplace to be problematic and something to be avoided. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings. Obviously not every single individual applies to this, even in my own experience many black females have proven to be quite friendly (but there have been far too many sour apples).
Quote:
and additionally, within the black community, while black men are 'somewhat allowed' to date outside of their race, with some grief from black women about it. Generally, black women get a whole lot more flack from it.
I'm not sure if 'allowed' is the word. They just do. The media makes it more culturally acceptable (indeed promotes) for white women to date (sleep with, have welfare babies with, etc.) black men. It's definitely the 'cool' thing to do in Hollywood. In many cases both parties are going after the dregs, so when looking at it from that angle they may not have many reasonable options.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:39 AM

21 posts, read 30,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post
Not percentage wise. Not at all.
Almost half black? We have many cities that are majority black, with some of those being nearly entirely black. Certainly there are neighborhoods in any of these that are literally 100% black. It is true what you are saying about being able to isolate, but whether that's by choice or just the reality on the ground is another debate. If white men in America were clamoring for black women you'd see these men flocking into black areas to hang out, party, and associate...which simply isn't happening en masse.
Because even if they wanted to....who will take the plunge? Even assuming white males find black females attractive (I find very, very few to be) then you have major personality issues to contend with.
Probably true. Most people seek to be with people with similar cultural values. For me getting along with the loud, aggressive personalities that most black women in the US seem to possess is a no-go. Getting along culturally with an entire family like that...no thanks. I have no problem getting along with black men in the workplace, none at all, but I have always found black women in the workplace to be problematic and something to be avoided. Sorry if that hurts anyone's feelings. Obviously not every single individual applies to this, even in my own experience many black females have proven to be quite friendly (but there have been far too many sour apples).I'm not sure if 'allowed' is the word. They just do. The media makes it more culturally acceptable (indeed promotes) for white women to date (sleep with, have welfare babies with, etc.) black men. It's definitely the 'cool' thing to do in Hollywood. In many cases both parties are going after the dregs, so when looking at it from that angle they may not have many reasonable options.

I wonder where you live for most of the black women you encounter on a daily basis are the "mm-hm" girl type? Is it the Deep South or somewhere round New York? (I'm really not trying to be snarky)

I can't see how you can find "very few" black women attractive, unless you have some kind of prejudice (read: anti-black) preventing you from seeing it rather than a true preference. The only reason I say this because A LOT of white American men express their discontent with black women and tend to harbor anti-black sentiments, which you just showed me with your "Hollywood promotes RELATIONSHIPS between black men and white women!!!" and "welfare baby" line.

I get the strange feeling you may like light Hispanic or Asian women and you don't see a problem with that.

Old 01-06-2015, 04:56 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,838,833 times
do french men like women of color?

how is a blonde haired blue eyed american seen in th netherlands?

are brown haired people common in russia?

i am 10% irish, 10% ainu, 10% indonesian, 10% martian, 10% italian, how will I be seen in Poland?

will people look at me differently because I have blue eyes and I am going to belgium?

For God's SAKE!

Old 01-06-2015, 09:03 AM

564 posts, read 746,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
For God's SAKE!
Amen.

Some of these threads are too stupid to be taken seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe