Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2014, 03:01 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,379,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Where would you get that if i Say i feel more bonds with adopted children (blacks, arabs ecc..) by italian parents than with a foreigner recent immigrant..i M racist?

I think it D natural.. The child speak my language with my dialect, thinks like me.., have the same mindset, we have common thing.. Both have italian parents ecc. i feel more bonds.

Where are my common bonds with an illegal immigrant here..arrived to jobs..unvolantarely spoiling my land Lowering salaries.? Sorry no Common bonds
Before you never said illegal immigrant but just ''foreigner'' instead.

You ARE a racist, its ok there's loads of you in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Yes, exactly right. The colonialism argument is a poor one because it's anti-white and requires such a mindset to relate to it. Don't expect that argument to find much favor because you're basically saying today's Westerners should be punished for the wrongdoings of yesterday's Westerners. Well, I completely reject that idea and want what's best for us now because I live in the present, not the past. We don't say the same of others. Hey, Africans enslaved other Africans and sold their fellow Africans to Europeans. Should Africa be punished as well? How about the Muslim world? They took many Europeans as slaves.

This incredibly meek, submissive attitude that we should lie down and take it because some of our forebears may have misbehaved is rather repulsive and has got to go away. It's wholly against the laws of nature, which have always been to act first to protect your own interests.
Its clear that you don't understand Colonialism and how it still effects us today on a daily basis. Its not coincidental that Africa happens to have a negative connotation whenever someone mentions the continents name.

I'm done no need talking to someone who is ignorant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You guys have totally missed the point. You cannot dismiss what happened in the past as if it has no bearing on things today.

You say you reject the idea and want the best for your country today but that's what they said hundreds of years ago.in doing what they did they destroyed the make up of these countries that were stable with there own customs.

Since you seem to know so much about slavery then you should know that slavery in Africa by Africans was more of an indentured servitude not the brutal chattal the Europeans were known for,

Can we please stop talking about Africa as if its ONE countty.Africa is just like Europe-in fact their are literally thousands of different languages and cultures that have histories dating back centuries.
So the context in which you are using has no relevant meaning because your premise is based on missing context.

slavery in Africa was usually waring factions so these slave being sold by their capitors were the spoils of war not a billion collar buisness.
A slave and Africa also be released from boindage once their debt was paid off.This was not possible in the European model of slavery.

How the Hell is it"anti white"?Because you wish to ignore that history plays a role on why Africa is so messed up today?How a country like Haiti is so broke because they had to pay France just to be free?
Europe has gotten rich off of Africa riches to this day.

They have manipulated governments by supporting coutprrupt politicians in Africa who four personal profit give away their countries riches.
So if today these immigrants are fleeing their native countries for their former European colonializers then I see no reason why Europe would be more closed to immigration. THEY CREATED THE PROBLEM THAT LED TO THIS.Totally ignorant to dismiss colonialism as a valid argument or as anti white.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2014, 03:02 PM

827 posts, read 631,156 times
Quote:
You guys have totally missed the point. You cannot dismiss what happened in the past as if it has no bearing on things today.
But it's not a problem for Africans to forget all the good things we made for them. Just for Ebola, i think we are close to a billion dollar of donation. The number of time they are intervention to protect the population from tribal warlord or islamists (like France in north mali).

Quote:
How the Hell is it"anti white"?Because you wish to ignore that history plays a role on why Africa is so messed up today?How a country like Haiti is so broke because they had to pay France just to be free?
Europe has gotten rich off of Africa riches to this day.

Not more than in the rest of the world but only Africa stay undevelop and it's the fault of white people.
Haiti what? What are you talking about?

Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
But it's not a problem for Africans to forget all the good things we made for them. Just for Ebola, i think we are close to a billion dollar of donation. The number of time they are intervention to protect the population from tribal warlord or islamists (like France in north mali).

Not more than in the rest of the world but only Africa stay undevelop and it's the fault of white people.
What good things?

Donations? That's great. Have you heard of the phrase ''I'm not a charity case''? well it relates to Africa in that these countries need to help themselves many of the money that enters the country just line the pockets of the corrupt governments or even worse...

Old 12-28-2014, 03:21 PM

827 posts, read 631,156 times
I just gave you exemple of good things.
French intervention in north mali to stop djihadist. Help to fight againt ebola with doctor and medical supplies and a lot of money.
Regulary, the debt of African country are cancelled and so a lot of other help...

Why they always beg for help if they don't need, why they come in our country?
And why it's our fault if the donation are stolen?

Old 12-28-2014, 03:24 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
What good things?

Donations? That's great. Have you heard of the phrase ''I'm not a charity case''? well it relates to Africa in that these countries need to help themselves many of the money that enters the country just line the pockets of the corrupt governments or even worse...
What good things? You've got to be kidding me. Like your computer and the internet? Cars? Airplanes? I couldn't possibly list it all. So much in the way of science, technology, innovation, etc., are products of Europeans and the European diaspora. This is something I should hardly have to explain any further. The world would be a very different place (and not for the better) if Europeans had never been around, starting with the legacy of Ancient Greece all the way to the present. You are showing exactly why the term I used earlier, anti-white, is very relevant because when whites do something bad, we're all responsible in some way and must be collective punished. But the fact that whites have done good and made the world a better place is irrelevant to some. Many are not willing to assign collective credit to us as they do collective blame.

Old 12-28-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
What good things? You've got to be kidding me. Like your computer and the internet? Cars? Airplanes? I couldn't possibly list it all. So much in the way of science, technology, innovation, etc., are products of Europeans and the European diaspora. This is something I should hardly have to explain any further. The world would be a very different place (and not for the better) if Europeans had never been around, starting with the legacy of Ancient Greece all the way to the present. You are showing exactly why the term I used earlier, anti-white, is very relevant because when whites do something bad, we're all responsible in some way and must be collective punished. But the fact that whites have done good and made the world a better place is irrelevant to some. Many are not willing to assign collective credit to us as they do collective blame.
It isn't the case of being anti-white its anti-Eurocentric.

The world is Eurocentric, everything about the above post discredits what Africa and Africans have brought to the world from the Human race to bases of Western Culture, if it wasn't for the Chinese, the Middle Eastern etc the world would be even more different.

But of course only Europeans have achieved anything, only Europeans contributed to civilisations, Indians and Central Africans were just playing in the dirt before the great Civilised Europeans came.

Of course!

Old 12-28-2014, 04:06 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
^who sold african slaves to Europeans?
--->the same local african chiefs.. They sold their enemies, rebels.
So the fault isn t 100% european. More like 50% African itself (50% european)

Also europeans were enslaved by the north african and ottomans pirates.
Slavery was common..once back.

About the economical problems of Africa..I doubt is Europe's fault..
The fault is of African politicians, high class people.. Who aren t mentally illuminated..or democratics.. Just greedy people.

Europe as it s today is a product of 2,000 yets of social struggles and revolutions; as well as philosophic movements and illuminated people.
Our democracy and wellness didn t happear magically a day..is a long cultural - war-revolutionary process.
If you wish to be factual then don't repeat only HALF the facts.

We are not talking just about slavery.
Gold,diamonds,uranium,oil,etc are just some of the things Africa has that Europe(and the US) have destroyed the fabric ofAfrica.
Even the very existence of countries and their boundaries that were drawn up by Europe putting enemeies for centuries as if they were one people which they were not..How is it logical that they were one day be cohesive in governernace?

Europe would not be what it is today had 2 thingsnot happen:
1)Had the Arabs continued their control through Spain on into France and the rest of Europe
2)The U.S. had not intervened in stopping Germany.

Unlike Africa till this day has had continued involvement from Europe in even today's world.
Who do you think put those"high class" politicians in power?

The worst dictators in Africa were all bankrolled and set up by Europe.From Mubuto to Amin.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Before you never said illegal immigrant but just ''foreigner'' instead.

You ARE a racist, its ok there's loads of you in the world.

Its clear that you don't understand Colonialism and how it still effects us today on a daily basis. Its not coincidental that Africa happens to have a negative connotation whenever someone mentions the continents name.

I'm done no need talking to someone who is ignorant.

Yes the ignorance is appalling!Especially when they speak with such authority.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:09 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,430,555 times
Quote:
It isn't the case of being anti-white its anti-Eurocentric.

The world is Eurocentric, everything about the above post discredits what Africa and Africans have brought to the world from the Human race to bases of Western Culture, if it wasn't for the Chinese, the Middle Eastern etc the world would be even more different.

But of course only Europeans have achieved anything, only Europeans contributed to civilisations, Indians and Central Africans were just playing in the dirt before the great Civilised Europeans came.

Of course!
"Anti-Eurocentric." I could start using terms such as anti-Afrocentric, but it wouldn't give those terms much validity. Apparently it is "anti-Eurocentric" and not just plain anti-white to assign collective blame to Europeans for perceived misdeeds but to assign no collective recognition for accomplishments. Furthermore, the purpose of my post was to highlight what I see as the greatness of European civilization and the extent of European accomplishments. I didn't say anything about the rest of the world. However, I think the magnitude of what Europeans and their descendents have brought to the world is quite massive and is certainly worth mentioning if we're going to get into the practice of assigning collective blame to Europeans and their descendents.

Old 12-28-2014, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post

The fact that you don't know about Haiti is proof of your ignorance of the state of Africa.

Let's be honest.Preventing the spread of a disease that was probably created by the West is hardly because it is benevolent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe