Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 05:35 AM

662 posts, read 1,009,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
I could call them ugly but I don't and I wouldn't. You might not care but other people might find it offensive, so stop being selfish.

And what exactly are the standards in Italy?
This are my personal standards of beauty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 05:36 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,400,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
No.
You could call italian people average ugly; and i wouldn y care in the slightest way.

Yes, ugly is an exageration; a Hyperbolism. Thoight i feel more happy of i m with those people i mencioned. Of course is a wish of personal tastes. Otherwise it a imposible unhuman .
But deep down is a wish to see more beautiful people based on my standards in my country
Everything you're saying is riddled with poo.

Basically Julia you are scared of anything further from ''European-ness'' which is why you prefer light skinned Blacks (historically lighter skinned blacks were seen as less brutish by Europeans) you prefer North Africans because of their similar facial features to Europeans, you prefer people who look less ''exotic'' from you.

That is just so wrong! I hate when people say stuff ''oh I only go for Asians'' or ''I prefer light skin'' its just so wrong!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:40 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,958,771 times
Quote:
You have your own standards of beauty? Lol. What are they?

A person is ugly to me if they have a bad attitude.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Brazil is for the most part homogeneous (pardo = "brownish"; is the soul of Brazilian ethnicity)
Africa is like old europe.
I don t think the states borders are a colonial fault. They should create states based on ethnicity
Brazil is not homogenous! There's Afro-Brazilians, Mulatto Brazilians, Amerindian Brazilian (in which there are subgroups), Japanese Brazilians, German Brazilians, Mestizos, Portuguese Brazilians and on...
You may not think its not the colonialist fault but that doesn't change the fact that it is their wrong-doing, like you the colonists thought that ''Black Africa'' was all the same so they decided to divide up the continent based on ignorance. In some African Countries huge tensions between historical rival ethnic groups have forced some of the countries into chaos as we see today a relict of colonialism. One example of tensions between ethnic groups are between the Hausa (who are Muslims in Northern Nigeria) and the Yoruba and Igbo people of Southern Nigeria.

Yes the quick fix is to start dividing Africa by ethnic groups but it isn't that simple.

Its like a Chinese going to Europe and dividing up the continent with one Country including French, Germans and Brits - imagine that?! The Country wouldn't fit to develop a stable government system because of all the different cultures.

Quote:
Its not you're tastes its the standard of beauty imposed onto you since birth. It effects all of us in different ways but it seems you have embraced it beyond belief...

The whole reason why some Black people bleach their skin, black people wearing weaves, Curly haired people straightening their hair, East Asians having plastic surgery on their eyes, some White people tanning to look less pale is all because of the Eurocentric standard of beauty. Even white people can be victims of the Eurocentric standard of beauty, funny don't you think?

But again you won't understand that because your mind is way to closed minded.

I know I'm gonna get called ''anti-white'' or something...

On a less pessimistic side the world is getting better so people like you Julia will be more of a minority. YAY!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
You have your own standards of beauty? Lol. What are they?

A person is ugly to me if they have a bad attitude.
And if they look unhealthy. I mean Julia would turn down a confident, intelligent, healthy looking and flawless South Indian or Namibian? (assuming that they share a lot in common)

Ruling out whole groups of people and calling them ugly is just well..erm I not gonna say the word

Old 12-29-2014, 06:48 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,892,909 times
By the way, how is that Julia's personal tastes in terms of men are related to the immigration policy of the European countries?
Secondly, what's the thesis behind the the answers to the OP?
That Europe should receive much more immigrants? That Europe is a racist continent? That immigration is right and just because of colonialism? That European countries only benefit from it? What?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:51 AM

827 posts, read 633,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
By the way, how is that Julia's personal tastes in terms of men are related to the immigration policy of the European countries?
That Europe should receive much more immigrants? That Europe is a racist continent? That immigration is right and just because of colonialism? That European countries only benefit from it? What?
In no way, but it seems it's impossible to have an honest debate about some subject.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,627,488 times
Personally, I'm not sure exactly how most Europeans feel about migrants from other countries settling in their towns and cities. But the fact of increasing activities of nationalist parties occurring on the continent says something. In my estimation, I think most European societies were homogenous in their populations. The continent is changing now. People are forced now to recognize their 'otherness'. Fir Europe's sake they need to get a handle on it.

Old 12-29-2014, 07:43 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,958,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
Because she stated that she only wants people she is attracted to in her country

Old 12-29-2014, 09:59 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,822,257 times
Quote:
Europe is like japan. An overpopulated area.
An area with strong traditions.
A place not fit for muslims; a place not fit for illegal immigration..because our job opportunities created by our ancestors are for us..and not for all the world to spoil.
No Europe is NOT like Japan.Japan is a country not a continent.
Once again you cannot pillage the world over and get what you want and expect that their would not be consequences.
Had Europe not ventured out of its immediate area,then it would be more like Japan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe