Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,365,912 times

Advertisements

Phew, I guess a guy from Atlanta just analyzed immigration to 28+ European countries he most likely never visited himself and solved all problems in connection with that just by typing 5 lines on city-data.

I guess we should make him President of Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2014, 02:52 PM

651 posts, read 420,098 times
Default Two way of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Countries in Europe should be more assertive in keeping their cultures but at the same time welcome those who wish to adopt it as their own.
They largely do not.This why those immigrants want to use their own as the dominant culture.
It might be two different kinds of behavior:
a) Be really interesting in history of his country, read national literature, lyrics, proverbs, know dances and to greet those of other nations, including migrants.
b) Only watch tv, be a man with low culture and dislike alien people.

The first is the best but the second is easier.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:47 PM

827 posts, read 636,494 times
Quote:
You miss my point.Haitians are largely Africans that was colonized by France.
Haiti paid the debt for their freedom after France lost to them.How does a people who were enslaved owe their former masters for decades for the cost of their own freedom.?
Haiti could never catch up.

Its one example of how Europe has completely dismantled any type of cohesive autonomous people to govern effectively.
It was an indemnisation for the french who were living in Haiti. This debt have been paid 130 years ago. How many times you need?
It's strange that when French occupy the place the island was pretty rich and productiv, isn't it?

Old 12-29-2014, 03:56 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,846,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Phew, I guess a guy from Atlanta just analyzed immigration to 28+ European countries he most likely never visited himself and solved all problems in connection with that just by typing 5 lines on city-data.

I guess we should make him President of Europe.
No thank you.Europe is lovely but I want no part in its affairs.

I've lived in Italy,England and Germany.
Don't get testy with me because you don't agree.I never claimed to have the answers I only disregarded some of the sentiments on here by just looking at the facts at hand.Now if you wish to get personal we can most certainly get "turn up"as we say in the ATL.

Immigrants in the U.S. have an easier time assimilating in American society and are accepted more so than Europe.Just go back and read some of the comments from some of your neighbors and its clear what I say has merit.

Old 12-29-2014, 03:57 PM

662 posts, read 1,012,697 times
Quote:
Countries in Europe should be more assertive in keeping their cultures but at the same time welcome those who wish to adopt it as their own.
They largely do not.This why those immigrants want to use their own as the dominant culture.
With this i agree

Old 12-29-2014, 04:02 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,846,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
It was an indemnisation for the french who were living in Haiti. This debt have been paid 130 years ago. How many times you need?
It's strange that when French occupy the place the island was pretty rich and productiv, isn't it?
I find it interesring that you ignore what made it rich.European were dying of disease. All the original inhabitants no longer a part of the island.Africans are not native to the Caribbean.

The debt to much longer to pay off,it has not been 130 years.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:43 PM

827 posts, read 636,494 times
So cool....

All the things that you reproch to Europeans have been made by Arabs, Africans and Asians to. More Africans have been slave in Arabs place than in the new world. And more Europeans have been put in slavery by arabs than africans in the new world.
You know why you only accuse europeans of everything and not arabs. Because europeans are kind. But don't forget we are kind for the moment but it can change. We become to be fed up by your constant insults and troubles.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:58 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,962,151 times
Quote:
So cool....

All the things that you reproch to Europeans have been made by Arabs, Africans and Asians to. More Africans have been slave in Arabs place than in the new world. And more Europeans have been put in slavery by arabs than africans in the new world.
You know why you only accuse europeans of everything and not arabs. Because europeans are kind. But don't forget we are kind for the moment but it can change. We become to be fed up by your constant insults and troubles.
They receive constant insults too so stop moaning.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:51 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,420,383 times
Quote:
So cool....

The Atlantic slave trade was different from the Arabian slave trade dummy! It had a racial element to it and was more intense not to mention more recent. Brazil outlawed slavery in 1888 that's only 3 generations ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams_Lord View Post
They receive constant insults too so stop moaning.

Yes stereotyped all the time in the Media not to mention self hatred.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:14 PM

1,446 posts, read 1,962,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
Yes stereotyped all the time in the Media not to mention self hatred.
Yes exactly. I don't know why immigration is such an issue in Italy, they are 6 times larger than us yet we take in more asylum seekers Not an issue at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe