Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2015, 07:12 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,677,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majurius View Post
Btw how could anyone even emigrate to america? I believe you need to be a brain surgeon to get a visa. So america is mostly getting illerate and illegal latinos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oranje1 View Post
The immigrants willing to go to Europe are different. US is usually 1st choice for immigrants, followed by Canada or Australia. This isn't to say that all immigrants in Europe are low quality, but usually the masters degree in engineering guy from India will choose the US instead of the UK without thinking twice. Also immigrants receive lots of free stuff in Europe which is a policy that doesn't exactly attract the best workers. Lots of immigrants go to Europe to take advantage of government generosity.
Quote:
Do you have any proof to support this?
Actually if you are a neurosurgeon it is more difficult to emigrate since US has already a ton of them.

What US wants are people in science and computer related field. If you look at the top IIT engineering schools in India and ask them where they want to study and settle > 90 % will choose USA. Most come here after their bachelor's degree and do a Masters +/- PhD to get the requisite American degrees needed for work here. Many companies then employ them in the H-1 visa categories and they slowly try to get the green card.

There are also siftware engineers who try and come directly on H-1 visa and they try to get a green card but the number of H-1 slots are limited for them and they usually have a more difficult time to immigrate into a greencard status.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 08:06 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,443,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
So Europeans are not interested in immigrant cultures. Clearly they are better off then in "shallow" USA where at least hard work MIGHT bring some rewards and folks are too busy making money to bother about what others are up to.
How many threads do you have to start on the superiority of America over Europe? So you're black and drive a Lexus...Hoo-****ing-ray! Now try to marry a white woman and tell me how that goes.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:30 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,846,909 times
Quote:
Btw how could anyone even emigrate to america? I believe you need to be a brain surgeon to get a visa. So america is mostly getting illerate and illegal latinos
who is this clown? the more I read him the more ignorant and secluded from the real world he sounds!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:31 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,412,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Stranger View Post
How many threads do you have to start on the superiority of America over Europe? So you're black and drive a Lexus...Hoo-****ing-ray! Now try to marry a white woman and tell me how that goes.
Loads of Black Men marry White Women though

Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
who is this clown? the more I read him the more ignorant and secluded from the real world he sounds!
Hahaha How Ironic!

Old 01-22-2015, 08:37 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,768,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
I know at least 30 people who successfully obtained US greencard in the past 10 years. All of them started as international students.

Additionally, the US takes a lot of (80%) family based immigrants. takes a long to get approved though.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:41 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,443,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
It's still a bigger taboo in the US than it s in Europe.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:01 AM

2,692 posts, read 1,677,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
It may be a bit politically incorrect but black men like to have white women as girlfriends and wives but black women do not have the same number of white men as partners. One of the laments you hear and read is the difficulty of successful black women to find a spouse since the successful black man has a good chance of finding a white wife ( though a significant number still marry a black woman).

Look at the black actors / sports / rap figures and you will see a good number having their arms around the waist of a white woman. In fact our President is the result of one such union.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
It may be a bit politically incorrect but black men like to have white women as girlfriends and wives but black women do not have the same number of white men as partners. One of the laments you hear and read is the difficulty of successful black women to find a spouse since the successful black man has a good chance of finding a white wife ( though a significant number still marry a black woman).

Look at the black actors / sports / rap figures and you will see a good number having their arms around the waist of a white woman. In fact our President is the result of one such union.
Yeah I know its kinda ''taboo'' for a Black Woman to go with a Whit Man but not the other way round which I find strange.

I can say something even more politically incorrect...

Black Man go with Whit Women because they're conditioned to think Black Women are ugly and White Women are the ''ultimate praise'' if you have a White Women you have ''won'' the game..

Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,846,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I know at least 30 people who successfully obtained US greencard in the past 10 years. All of them started as international students.

Additionally, the US takes a lot of (80%) family based immigrants. takes a long to get approved though.
I know, the US admits more immigrants than any other nation on this planet!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe