Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 10:42 AM

662 posts, read 1,014,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
So should I go back to the West Indies eventhough I and my Mother (and half my family) was born here?

Are you a racist by any chance?

So many questions.
Yes/no. For myself I see all my family-culture-and many other thing Italian. Or with possibilities of similar near European culture openness. Like openness to some Albanians an romenians.
It takes time to us to accept all the world here. An maybe for me it wouldn't t happen in my life..to short time to accept. Because of mindset; an innate tribal sense not yet gone down in my hypotalm..as I see an Asian I would think he is foreigner (just apparently; even if he was born here)..this alo goes with Africans. A bit with too Northern European features too..but they have been present in my ethnicities since antiquity even ifthy are not common. So yes; I would think he is foreigner by sight.

This probably would happen to me if I go to Asia, africa, and profund Northern Europe too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2014, 10:48 AM

662 posts, read 1,014,001 times
No. I don t think you should go back. Your homeland is London.
But it s like that. My mindset is not yet cosmopolitan.

Cosmopolitanism I feel forced in my brain..a forced thing.
A thing that leaves me without cultural ties.

But that could be only just me. Many people think with a different brain..with a cosmopolitan brain.
I don't feel a citizen of the world.

I try to talk with immigrants here..but I feel more happy/secure with Italians.
Right now I have a Congolese friend at university.

Old 12-21-2014, 10:55 AM

827 posts, read 637,561 times
Quote:
Are you aware of what Europeans put the world through colonialism? If so then this would lead any sane person to think that what's currently happening in Europe is linked to the past. The only reason why Western Europe is so wealthy is because of the many conquests around the world and indoctrination of the world by European Colonists.

It angers me how much people don't know about history because again, history unlocks the questions of the present.
First it's not because you are indian that you can't admit extra european immigration is negative for europe.

Sweden don't colonise any third world country, does they desserve the riot from the immigrants they welcome?
Please explain why sweden and norway are wealthy?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:03 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,429,024 times
Does Italy even have a large non-Italian population? I'd think no..

The fact you feel more secure with other Italians doesn't make you prejudice or anything that's natural I feel much more open around Africans and Afro-Caribbean people for obvious reasons. However it seems you are xenophobic (afraid of people of other cultures) I think you need to understand the world and why its the way it is before you accuses these people of doing anything to Europe.

The whole reasons so many Africans (North, South, West and East Africans) are because of those places were exploited by Europeans during the 17th, 18th and 19th century its not because they're ''3rd world'' such a phrase is offensive and assumes inferiority which links right back to European supremacy-racism, but I'll leave that for now.

Yes Europe has changed in a short period of time but Europe has benefited massively from Immigration, the first immigrants to Europe were here to work in jobs that the locals didn't want to do.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:12 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,848,570 times
Quote:
Are you aware of what Europeans put the world through colonialism? If so then this would lead any sane person to think that what's currently happening in Europe is linked to the past. The only reason why Western Europe is so wealthy is because of the many conquests around the world and indoctrination of the world by European Colonists.

It angers me how much people don't know about history because again, history unlocks the questions of the present.
So the reason why people in Africa run around with no pants on is because Europe colonized them? Sounds about right I guess.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post
First it's not because you are indian that you can't admit extra european immigration is negative for europe.

Sweden don't colonise any third world country, does they desserve the riot from the immigrants they welcome?
I'm not Indian.

Immigration isn't bad for Europe but the way its done, slow immigration is better than fast track immigration where the people can't admit.

The reason why Norway is so rich is because of OIL and political stability.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
So the reason why people in Africa run around with no pants on is because Europe colonized them? Sounds about right I guess.
Are you being sarcastic.

nairobi skyscrapercity - Google Search

nairobi skyscrapercity - Google Search

Old 12-21-2014, 11:16 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,062,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citoyen View Post

norway in particular is rich because they have oil...but then again i am not allowed to say that a northern country is rich due to oil...you know - only the "filthy arabs are rich because of oil". Yeah...will see those arabs when their oil ends! They can't even build a tent (hint: burj khalifa...), imagine what are they gonna do without oil?

Also, various think-tanks project Sweden to be about as 'rich' as Poland by 2050 - the reason for this is blamed on their immigrants however the real reason is their irrational policies, think how they're the only country in europe to recognize palestine...how can you recognize a state that officially supports a terrorist organization (hammas)?

Old 12-21-2014, 11:19 AM

No Euro its all the IMMIGRANTS the EVIL IMMIGRANTS grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Old 12-21-2014, 11:24 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,062,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
stealing their diamonds and resources was the way to go...it's time for you to google king leopold of belgium.

I don't think europe has done enough for africa, except for that charity concert 'save africa' or whatever , that all in all amassed $2,000 in donations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe