Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2015, 07:16 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,629 times

Advertisements

How do you feel about it?

also do the tend to form ghettos? (I suspect yes)

In general when a southern population immigrate in north they are seen as loud on mannerism, rude, and annoying (and I agree with this; I stand with you!! )

Well I think this immigration is bad.. Destroying your traditions and cultures and ethnicity.

I suspect that still the third generation is not integrate..is soul less and rootless.. Still on it s own

You have to thank the benefits of the multicultural society imposed today on us.
Well..this is me kidding I m against it (and against Southern European destroying your society)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2015, 09:03 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,797,212 times
Tervetuloa.

Maybe right now it's not a good idea as the work situation isn't really that good. No, they don't form ghettos, as we have pretty few Southern Europeans living here currently. But when the situation here improves, I'm 100% for skilled immigrants coming from Southern Europe or anywhere else.

Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Greek native speakers are combined just a small minority of around 14k people currently.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:27 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,954,849 times
No they do not form ghettos here, not that I know of

As of the 31st of December 2011, there were:
12,062 people born in Greece
8,126 people born in Italy
7,124 people born in Spain
2,998 people born in Portugal
2 people born in Andorra

Bosnians formed the largest Southern European immigrants here.
I don't feel nothing about it and I don't see Southern Europeans destroying our culture.

Old 01-03-2015, 09:42 AM

662 posts, read 1,007,629 times
Well.. Because you are cosmopolitan. Not all people are cosmopolian.. (When we talk about mass immigration.. Like 30% of a country is composed by immigrants ecc)

Old 01-03-2015, 09:51 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,954,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia90 View Post
Well.. Because you are cosmopolitan. Not all people are cosmopolian.. (When we talk about mass immigration.. Like 30% of a country is composed by immigrants ecc)
Only 4 countries in Europe have a foreign born population larger than 30% of the countries population

Luxembourg, Andorra, Monaco and the Vatican City. These countries are not that large either. Switzerland is close to having 30% of it's population being foreign born with Italians being the largest foreign population there.

I don't see any other country reaching 30% any time too soon

Old 01-03-2015, 11:42 AM

18 posts, read 24,134 times
I'm quite curious why you think they form ghettos and considered loud on mannerism, rude, and annoying?

Actually the opposite is true.

The Spanish, Italians, Portugese and former Yugoslavian immigrants that immigrated to the Netherlands have been a perfect example how immigration and integration can work. Aswell as the many Indonesian immigrants living in the Netherlands.

On the other had there is a lot that can be questioned concerning immigration over here. The threat of losing culture and traditions comes from another group of immigrants, mostly from Nothern Africa and the Middle East. The things you mentioned above aren't unknown, but are not experienced with southern Europeans.

Old 01-03-2015, 11:42 AM

888 posts, read 1,591,220 times
Not a whole lot of southern europeans here. Never heard of any problems or ghettos whatsoever. Jobs are tight right now, though doctors and dentists who wouldn't mind working public sector in a remote, small town seem to always be in demand. Not sure how much of a pay increase, if any, this would be for someone coming from one of the southern european countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe