Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 04:35 PM

285 posts, read 302,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I didn't want to participate in this thread because some of the things I have read are just grotesque, not to say racist, but really.... are you serious ?

some of my ancestors might have taken part in some forts of colonialism, maybe some others took parts in the crusades 800 years ago, what do I know... should I apologize for it ? should modern day americans apologize for the massacre of north america's native people 200 years ago ?

Then in what name should we ask people who believe in Allah to apologize for these killings ?

And there have been many reactions from muslim people in France condemning these killings anyway. Hopefully this will be heard in every part of the world.

And regarding Islam in Europe, it's part of us now. France has invaded north Africa, using its ressources and exploiting people. Then some of these people came to France when this was all over.

I don't know yet how this will be achieved, but we have to learn to accept them and make them feel like we can all be part of the same country / world. We can not go back in time, so let's try to all live in peace because that's what most people want, muslims or non-muslims.

Secularism has been wrongly used in France for decades, now it's time to change that because we can not go back. The new world is multicultural. We are all neighbors.
We're not talking about ancestors here, we're talking about 21 century issues that are taking place in the 21st century.

I'm not saying moderate muslims (I always laugh everytime I say that) should apologize for anything, I'm saying that they must speak up and let everyone know that they don't agree with the terrostist attacks. And that hasn't happened nor will, as we all know.
Don't you ask yourself why they won't do that? Could it be that there's no such thing as a moderate Muslim due to the fact that the characteristics of the Muslim religion itself don't allow for moderation?

I think it's clear that the only division in Muslim society nowadays are between those who do the actions and those that secretly applaud in the safety of their homes.

And I think it's absurd that you talk about us having to accept their culture. Dude, when you're an expat in a country you have to live and behave by the rules of that country. Muslims are the foreigners, THEY have to adapt to our lifestyle or just go home.
Muslim culture and Western values simply don't match. If a Muslim wants to improve their quality of life and at the same time keep practicing freely their traditions they should head to Kuwait, UAE, Qatar... Why bother with Europe?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 09:03 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,472,526 times
Quote:
Secularism has been wrongly used in France for decades, now it's time to change that because we can not go back. The new world is multicultural. We are all neighbors.
OK, fine. And most secular Frenchmen are in support of this multiculturalism, but how do you convince Muslims to accept multiculturalism?

The greatest, most violent opposition to a multicultural France comes from certain, increasingly influential Muslims who want only one culture in France. Theirs.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 AM

10,666 posts, read 16,103,213 times
Wouldn't be surprised if this was a contract killing, sponsored by oil money.
Normally terrorists don't try to escape like this, probably have a couple million euro's waiting for them.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:01 AM

2,416 posts, read 2,035,356 times
Nothing like a good conspiracy theory - the more preposterous the better.

Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,530,717 times
You know, I bet people in ISIS are looking at the response to this and wondering, what would happen if we could get 100 or 200 such attacks going at the same time. The country is paralyzed by two gunmen, imagine hundreds of "lone wolfs" on the loose at the same time?

Old 01-09-2015, 03:23 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,849,058 times
i met many european muslims and most don't care, in fact most are only muslim by mouth meaning they are muslims because they grew up as such, culture wise they all feel very european and could care less about islam

the problem is france discrimination and the lack of opportunity it gives to a lot of these youngsters!!! I read that in france most french of arab origin are chronically unemployed and segregated.... u can't just segregate and discriminate and expect respect back, i am sorry france but u let them into your country and YOU WENT TO THEIRS TO COLONIZE, now deal with the problem properly by addressing the cause!

Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 AM

20,387 posts, read 20,027,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhernandez View Post
I'm still waiting for the so-called moderate muslims to take the streets in protests against all of those acts of violence caused by muslim terrorists.
I find very odd and intriguing how "moderate" muslims never speak up against such acts. Whenever a terrorist attack happens anywhere in Europe it's always followed by this dead silence from the muslim community..........
Wrong. First comes the tired, stale "it's only a minority of Muslims" followed by "that's racist!".

Old 01-09-2015, 06:34 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,637,950 times
Re: 'Muslim 'silence' on terror and killing'

Just an observation:

Law-abiding Muslims throughout the world who are reverent in their religion no doubt are cowering in fear at the latest actions by those who interpret Islam to kill for Allah. They will be constantly be dealing with the effects.

Their fear is based on really not trusting even their own fellow believers for they see that those who kill can turn on a dime and have no compunction of calling fatwas against those of their own religion. There has been one announced recently on an Algerian man who is well-versed in the history of France and Islam. In that context, extremist Islam at bottom bullies believers and non- believers. The fear among Muslims has to be palpable now and has to be affecting the perceived reactions to their behavior under the circumstances.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 AM

7,499 posts, read 6,331,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhernandez View Post
We're not talking about ancestors here, we're talking about 21 century issues that are taking place in the 21st century.

I'm not saying moderate muslims (I always laugh everytime I say that) should apologize for anything, I'm saying that they must speak up and let everyone know that they don't agree with the terrostist attacks. And that hasn't happened nor will, as we all know.
Don't you ask yourself why they won't do that? Could it be that there's no such thing as a moderate Muslim due to the fact that the characteristics of the Muslim religion itself don't allow for moderation?

I think it's clear that the only division in Muslim society nowadays are between those who do the actions and those that secretly applaud in the safety of their homes.

And I think it's absurd that you talk about us having to accept their culture. Dude, when you're an expat in a country you have to live and behave by the rules of that country. Muslims are the foreigners, THEY have to adapt to our lifestyle or just go home.
Muslim culture and Western values simply don't match. If a Muslim wants to improve their quality of life and at the same time keep practicing freely their traditions they should head to Kuwait, UAE, Qatar... Why bother with Europe?

I said before that a lot of muslim voices have raised to condemn this alredy. Now, if everyone wants to stay deaf...

Also, they're not foreigners. These guys were born in france. They've got the same documents as me. Theorically, we have got the same rights. But in my whole lifetime my ID has probably been checked twice in a police control.

I used to have a friend of algerian ancestry, we would often go out and he was controlled by the police on a weekly basis, even though he was born in France, 10 years before me.

Everytime we would take my car to go to a concert in Geneva, Switzerland, the border patrol would stop the car and undress us and check us and not less us enter switzerland.

This never happened when he wasn't in my car, i'm as white as our president. When he wasn't with me, I didn't have to stop at the border.

Isn't that strange ?

Old 01-09-2015, 07:15 AM

1,704 posts, read 1,846,522 times
Quote:
I said before that a lot of muslim voices have raised to condemn this alredy. Now, if everyone wants to stay deaf...

Also, they're not foreigners. These guys were born in france. They've got the same documents as me. Theorically, we have got the same rights. But in my whole lifetime my ID has probably been checked twice in a police control.

I used to have a friend of algerian ancestry, we would often go out and he was controlled by the police on a weekly basis, even though he was born in France, 10 years before me.

Everytime we would take my car to go to a concert in Geneva, Switzerland, the border patrol would stop the car and undress us and check us and not less us enter switzerland.

This never happened when he wasn't in my car, i'm as white as our president. When he wasn't with me, I didn't have to stop at the border.

Isn't that strange ?
Yea turns out these controls were more than justified. The chances that your average Ahmed and Muhamed are criminals is much higher than that of Pierre and Philippe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe