Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 04:30 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I'm just voicing an opinion. Times are changing, the world is multicultural now. I embrace all cultures.
So you embrace slavery, genital mutilation, misogyny, child labor, etc.? Because those are accepted and practiced elements of multiple cultures that you must embrace if you truly embrace all cultures. Unless by 'embracing all cultures' you mean eating curry and kebab.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 05:16 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
Send them back home, or maybe to one of these countries? I am sure the would be taken back with open arms...

Countries with Largest Muslim Population - World Top Ten

....then how about we bring the Kurds here, and let them take their places...you know, those brave, glorious people fighting ISIS on the ground there in the middle east? Godspeed and God bless the great Kurdish people, you are welcome in the west!!

Old 01-09-2015, 05:36 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,997 times
Multiculturalism means that all of the cultures have to compromise and show mutual respect and tolerance. Unfortunately, what really happens is that some cultures will come into the host multicultural society and think they can carry on like it's the old homeland. One gets the sense that they're just playing along and biding their time until they can gain power and influence, and then they'll just turn around and thumb their noses at everyone else.

Quote:
I'm just voicing an opinion. Times are changing, the world is multicultural now. I embrace all cultures.

Old 01-10-2015, 08:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
^
Surely like the Nazis perhaps in the early 30's? A nascent group under the radar who stoked their hatreds calmly but then started to erupt with punch outs and then killings here and there and eventually Europe. The calling card then became 'our way' or the highway. End of story. Extremist Islam has to be looked at in the context of this history. Hope Europe and the democracies are paying attention.
Only 10% of Germans were registered Nazi's.
What were the other 90% doing when that "small group" of 10% murdered 11 million Jews ?

It doesn't take a majority to rule when fear of death or imprisonment is a reality for merely voicing an opposing opinion.

You have Christians leaving the ME countries.
You have Jews leaving France.

And all we hear is "but they are just a few extremists"

Old 01-10-2015, 08:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Well not everyone does.

You have Jews in France hiding their Star of David and not wearing Yamakas in public, being called "Dirty Jews" by complete strangers.
An increasing number of Jews are emigrating out of France.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:44 PM

26,883 posts, read 38,059,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
^
Just a point..

I think there's a fatwa out on a writer who is doing a slight change from Camus' book , The Stranger'. Some radical Muslims don't like his writing and they want to put his 'lights' out for doing the book. I believe this happened with the writer Rushdie too for 'sacrilege' in his book the 'The Satanic Verses', the Dutch fellow who was killed for his cartoon portrayal of Mohammed and now the terrible incident at Charlie Hebdo, the satirical weekly.
I am not sure which author you have in mind. Even before the Charlie Hebdo attacks, France, true to form, was having a great deal of discussion about these issues and once again true to form, everything was on the table and words were not minced. (This is a huge difference between France and the anglosphere countries which are much more restrained. And it applies to all issues. Not just this one.)

Anyway, the two main authors at the moment are Éric Zemmour and Michel Houellebecq.

Zemmour is widely regarded as being intolerant though obviously he has his supporters as well. He wrote a book called Le suicide français.

Houellebecq is more respected and his book called Soumission was released in the new year and was the talk of France in early January even before the attacks. The book is about a Muslim Frenchman who plays his cards right to get elected president of France and then brings in sharia law.

I am not aware of fatwas against either of these guys. I don't believe either of the books revisit L'Étranger by Albert Camus.

Also, there is another Camus called Renaud who is not related to the long-deceased Albert, who is a noted far-right extremist.

Old 01-10-2015, 11:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
Its really the same Muslims who sided with Hitler in WWII. I really don't no why the surprise when they rise again.

Old 01-11-2015, 04:23 AM

13,583 posts, read 15,672,061 times
"It's hammertime!" ~Charles Martel

Old 01-11-2015, 05:13 AM

12,600 posts, read 9,394,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara View Post
Whenever something like this happens, there are plenty of Muslims trying to convince others that Islam is peaceful religion. What I would like to see is Islamic community protest against committing terrible crimes in the name of religion. Where are millions of Muslims trying to rise their voice against extremist in their community?

Do not call us racists, do something, fight against every and each extremist in your religion. Don't blame us for racism each and every time. We just want freedom of speech. If you have problem with that, stay where you are, Europe is just not the place for you.
agree, right on

Old 01-11-2015, 07:04 AM

677 posts, read 673,435 times
Quote:
You may embrace them, but Muslims aren't going to embrace you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe