Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 04:38 PM

3,892 posts, read 4,546,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: "The question is whether CH has been abusing its freedom of speech"

Whoa...that's going to be a tough one to get hold of now in France and Europe. From the looks of it, Muslim emigration to the European continent will continue to increase for the near future.

When all is said and done I'd be surprised to see self-censorship in either political or literary editorial commentary in France as a result of the killings.

If institutions do go on that path then I think it will set a precedent and send a message confirming to radicals and their ilk that who they are fighting do not have any convictions ostensibly in tune with their political beliefs.
And they'll get the message that murdering to get their way works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 02:00 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
Just my opinion and view...so tons of Muslims from failed states are shown the red carpet into well off, stable western continents, and they repaid their hosts by following vitriolic preachers, with their bronze age repressive garb and failing to assimilate themselves into the broader local culture... The results are sadly predictable for both sides. How many times will the West be bitten by this serpent before our officials stop referring to it as "the religion of peace", and permitting them entrance into western countries? As George Carlin once said, "It's the religion of piece...A piece of you here and a piece of you there".

Last edited by folkguitarist555; 01-16-2015 at 02:24 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 02:40 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
Default The West is suffering from the Stockholm syndrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
Just my opinion and view...so tons of Muslims from failed states are shown the red carpet into well off, stable western continents, and they repaid their hosts by following vitriolic preachers, with their bronze age repressive garb and failing to assimilate themselves into the broader local culture... The results are sadly predictable for both sides. How many times will the West be bitten by this serpent before our officials stop referring to it as "the religion of peace", and permitting them entrance into western countries? As George Carlin once said, "It's the religion of piece...A piece of you here and a piece of you there".

The West is asking, begging even for punishment , it is becoming masochistic and itself punishes the countries that potentially could be their friends because sharing the same heritage and the same continent (Russia, Belorussia, Serbia,etc... even Hungary, a member of EU, is threatened by the PC crowd). I won't weep if its cowardice and spineless morals lead to more tragedies. My wife and I have decided anyway to leave the doomed european continent , too close to the Middle East and Africa, and settle down in CR upon retirement (soon). And then I'll watch on the TV the drama unfolding. I don't want to end up a victim for the 20 or 30 years I've left on this earth

Old 01-16-2015, 03:33 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,240,239 times
The problem is not Islam. The problem is that freedom of speech in France have changed on permissiveness (there are no restrictions). When P. Riot in Russia insulted the Christian church, they were put to prison (The Western press said that this was because of the insults Putin, but it is not the main reason). This is the right action (put to prison). People should respect other people. In Russia, Christians is respected Muslims and Muslims is respected Christians. Tartars, Caucasians, Bashkirs, Kazakhs, etc. long live together with Christians and they are an important part of Russian culture. The problem is not Islam.

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 01-16-2015 at 03:44 AM..

Old 01-16-2015, 03:39 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,432,329 times
Just for context, Gatestone Institute is headed by John Bolton. It's the think tank equivalent of Fox News.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:30 AM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,872 times
The problem is islam.....now let the liberals and apologists speak their peace....as they always tend to do.....preach on, though it will mostly fall on deaf ears...imo

Old 01-16-2015, 05:34 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,240,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
The problem is islam.....now let the liberals and apologists speak their peace..
Russians hardly be called liberals.

Old 01-16-2015, 05:56 AM

456 posts, read 833,822 times
Europeans are scared of nationalism because of the horrors of WW2. That is why they will prefer to remain pacifist and culturally liberal.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:01 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,878,133 times
folksguitarist and Maxim Frolov are both right : there are both a roblem with Islam (at least part of it) and the general lack of respect, sensitivity and consideration for others in oversecularized voltairian French society (which I wouldn't confuse with permissiveness, there is no permissiveness in France, a country where you can be arrested only for legally demonstrating against the government, or even killed as happened last fall to a young environmentalist ). The mix of both, of course, is dynamite, Napoleon dynamite !(lol)

Old 01-16-2015, 06:16 AM

48 posts, read 49,446 times
But Voltaire respected religions, even though he considered that all religions were just ignorance and fear. He built a church out of his pocket money in his town, he owned the town. I'm a favour of free expression, and I don't think that the Prophet or Allah needs to be protected against mortals. As to the declaration of the Pope, he should resign immediately for meddling into politics. When a Pope becomes a tribune of the plebs, he should try the waters of the Tiber.

Religion and priests have been taking advantage of humankind during generations, so I don't think they deserve any respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe