Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 07:45 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishoff View Post
Celt is not a race...

Who said that Celt is a race? Is Germanic/Slavic/Latin races? No they aren't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
Why are you so obsessed with blond children? I dont get it... Most of them will end up as brunettes when they reach their teens anyway.

The daughter of this norwegian woman will most likely end up looking like her when she gets older..

It is a normal cycle for people hair color to darken or rather gets more melanin as they reach adulthood. The blonde gene is a genetically recessive trait. The fact that many blonde children become brunette as a adults, doesn't diminish their blonde gene which is still present. Most European adults have brown hair. Though ,some populations express more blondism than others. The Norwegian populations as a whole is a perfect example for it. In my own family, my mother was blonde in her youth now has grayish hair and two of my siblings are blonde too.

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2015 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Rude

Old 07-26-2015, 08:09 AM

363 posts, read 480,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
It is a normal cycle for people hair color to darken or rather gets more melanin as they reach adulthood. The blonde gene is a genetically recessive trait. The fact that many blonde children become brunette as a adults, doesn't diminish their blonde gene which is still present. Most European adults have brown hair. Though ,some populations express more blondism than others. The Norwegian populations as a whole is a perfect example for it. In my own family, my mother was blonde in her youth now has grayish hair and two of my siblings are blonde too.
Most of these norwegian children from Bergen will go from light brown to dark brown hair when they get older. Thats how it works in real life...

http://g.api.no/obscura/API/dynamic/...JPG?chk=419DD5

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2015 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 07-26-2015, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Most of these norwegian children from Bergen will go from light brown to dark brown hair when they get older. Thats how it works in real life...
Enough of the rubbish! That doesn't change the fact that Norway has one of the highest percentage of light-haired populations in the world. It is not the only country in Europe where people's hair color darkens from childhood. O.K.! A country with an already low frequency of infantile blondism (children blondeness) will also naturally be darker than those with a very high infantile blondism such as Norway/Sweden/Denmark. Due to the fact that hair gets more pigmentation from childhood to adulthood.

These are Norwegian adults.

http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/ar...650&h=433&q=85

http://roing.no/uploads/images/Galle...310-br1000.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2015 at 11:42 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 AM

Quote:
This doesn't change the fact, Norway is a predominantly blonde/light-haired population! It is definitely not Spain/Greece/Italy where you seem to come from.

These are Norwegian adults.
Let children be children and concentrate about the adults instead

BTW nice football players from eastern part of Norway

Old 07-26-2015, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Let children be children and concentrate about the adults instead

BTW nice football players from eastern part of Norway
Yes, whatever, excuses! Children are going to be adults one day. Perhaps you were ignorant of that. You were a child before you became an adult, maybe you forgot that. I am bringing it back to your remembrance.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:24 AM

What is surprising to me at least, is that many Norwegians look like the people I see daily in my area here in America. You know the same facial features and so forth. People of the British Isles, Netherlands must also shared some similarity with them too.

Old 07-26-2015, 11:43 AM

^^ Since you are so concentrated about children. Some kindergardens in Bergen united so they could make the worlds biggest gingerbread city. They didnt know that there were kindergardens in New York which also had the same goals in 2011. The New York kindergardens set a new world record that year. In 2012 the Bergen kindergardens made a gingerbread copy of New York city buildings and other buildings in various cities around the world. I think that new record still stands

Here it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6z6KdBm57w

Even on the news Nice work done by the Bergen children

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlV9TtsHfiA

Old 07-26-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Yeah maybe so
You prefer the eastern Norwegians.

http://i.imgur.com/AOdIL.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 07-27-2015 at 11:43 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 07-26-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
You prefer the eastern Norwegians.

Nah they are too lazy and unproductive

The northern ones are better, they are hard working people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7baANbAfn5s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe