Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 04:12 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,423,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloxias View Post
Most Europeans can't always tell apart the appearances of each other.

Only in some cases they can.

For example I can only tell a Maltese and a Greek more quicker than I would with most Europeans.

Funnily enough I can't always tell apart a Georgian, Chechen or even a Armenian from some Europeans.

It just depends.
True.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2015, 04:39 PM

363 posts, read 479,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
The people shown in the video are blonde enough to be considered Scandinavian and they look most closely to people of Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Faroes Isles, Finland and also to other North-West Europeans. Exception are here and there. Some girls are really cute.
We are a european country after all so offcourse people look european...

Old 07-30-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
The people shown in the video are blonde enough to be considered Scandinavian and they look most closely to people of Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Faroes Isles, Finland and also to other North-West Europeans. Exception are here and there. Some girls are really cute.
And sometimes even prince Harry of Britain visit Bergen just so he can flirt with the girls there. Oh that dirty red haired dude of a british prince

Old 07-30-2015, 10:01 PM

The Nordic look.

Old 07-30-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
We are a european country after all so offcourse people look european...
I said precisely North-West European not just European like this Norwegian girl below.

Or this Norwegian soccer player

Last edited by saxonwold; 07-30-2015 at 10:22 PM..

Old 07-30-2015, 11:45 PM

Quote:
The Nordic look.

Dyed hair on the first pic I dont know why many of the girls who wear the traditional Bergen clothing also dye their hair like it is some kind of combination. Oh well I shall not complain it could be worse, they could have been skinheads.

What did you think about the prince Harry look alike pic ? Damn he really looks similar

Old 07-30-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
I said precisely North-West European not just European like this Norwegian girl below.

Or this Norwegian soccer player
That is more of a rural village type of look.

Old 07-31-2015, 03:48 AM

90 posts, read 111,477 times
Quote:
Listen, I am not pro or anti-anything. I just like stating facts, we live in the Information Age not in the Dark Ages. I am actually glad that you looked up what is meant translucent. The same mechanism works for translucent skins which means very pale skin. Nothing to be scared of.
The Irish are most likely the best example for a predominantly pale-skinned population, also called Celtic complexion.
This recently published article mentions it as well.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...Gj0RT9wJcsqGFA
well as a white european i dont see anything special about gingers or blondes or what not. Maybe africans or asains see us whites as something special but as a white male i dont see anything special about the things you keep raving about i mean its just yellow or orange hair, light eyes, and fair skin nothing special about that. I have pale skin, light eyes, and mc1r carrier but other euros also dont see anything special about the supposed celtic complexion or the pale scandi look its not special. you and me celtic/ germanic but both same in skin tone you said you were type 2 and so am i. you talk and post pics of these people and there nothing special.

I also have a question define in your words translucent and translucent skin because translucent is permitting light to pass through but diffusing it so that persons, objects, etc., on the opposite side are not clearly visible. how does that correlate with pale skin because if you have melanin you will have color if skin doesn't have melanin or very little like albinos you will be pale because light is being reflected instead of absorbed by melanin and when all light wavelengths roygbiv are reflected you get white but skin cannot reflect all colors it can get close but not really .transparent is see through which means light passes through an object without being reflected.

Last edited by Traveledtheworld; 07-31-2015 at 04:02 AM..

Old 07-31-2015, 04:07 AM

90 posts, read 111,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
That is more of a rural village type of look.
Do you see Bergen people as "CELTS" because I do because. Us irish and uk people were not celtic we were just coined that term. I read an article saying that the very same people that settled the isles from the mainland ( there is no such thing as native people to the isles) also settled in western norway and thats why its 4-6% ginger in south west Norway. Ireland and scotland is 10-11% Wales 10% so South Western gingerism is about half of the celtic nations.

Old 07-31-2015, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveledtheworld View Post
Do you see Bergen people as "CELTS" because I do because. Us irish and uk people were not celtic we were just coined that term. I read an article saying that the very same people that settled the isles from the mainland ( there is no such thing as native people to the isles) also settled in western norway and thats why its 4-6% ginger in south west Norway. Ireland and scotland is 10-11% Wales 10% so South Western gingerism is about half of the celtic nations.
No I see them as "bergenser". I have never heard anyone talking about race, celts, aryan, slav etc... The only thing I have read was about the reason for why so many have brown hair, and that was because of portuguise influence a few houndred years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe