Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 08:46 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sofi32 View Post
I can only tell Southern Europeans from Northern Europeans
You cannot, tell me just by looking at them who is 'Southern European' and who is 'Northern European' between Sean Connery and Miguel Angel Jiminez? Then tell me what it is about Sean Connery that makes him look 'North European' and what it is about Miguel Angel Jiminez that makes him look 'South European'?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 11:36 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
You cannot, tell me just by looking at them who is 'Southern European' and who is 'Northern European' between Sean Connery and Miguel Angel Jiminez? Then tell me what it is about Sean Connery that makes him look 'North European' and what it is about Miguel Angel Jiminez that makes him look 'South European'?
Sure! Perhaps you don't have the ability to differentiate between people. Some people can and I am one of them. Unless you have some recent Southern European admixtures, I would be able to tell where you're from or at least more or less what region of Europe you could be from. Yes, I agree that there are exceptions here and there. Sean Connery for example looks Celtic, but of a dark Celtic type I am sure he could have ancestry from the Scottish Highlands. He has dark hair and dark eyes, but his features are too "rugged" to be from Southern Europe. People similar to Connery are usually found in Northern and Western Europe. As he got older, he changed, but if you see his younger pictures, he is definitely not a Southern European in my eyes by a mile! People from Eastern Europe also have some differences as well.
Miguel Angel Jiminez, he doesn't look typically Southern European like Cristiano Ronaldo/Raoul, he could pass as a French person, Swiss or North Italian.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:54 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times
I posted a picture of a woman in another message, I'd be curious to know where people think she could pass. Seriously.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:03 PM

363 posts, read 480,194 times
Quote:
There is NO British look, the most common look is dark hair white skin but there are millions if Britons that are not dark haired and millions that are not white skinned. Britons do NOT share facial features, they do not look alike and they dont 'share' a type of look also they are NOT all the same size, you simply cannot tell the difference between a Briton and an Italian or a Briton and a German because there are millions of Britons that can 'look' Italian and millions that can 'look' German, finally I'm afraid to say that ginger hair is also rare in Briton but that DOESNT mean its not possible to be British and ginger either because yes there are ginger Britons too. All of this stereotyping genetic nonsense does not hold true in 21st century Briton (or most other European nations).
This is the most accurate description so far. Saxonwold should take notice and not make himself look like a complete crazy moron

Old 08-07-2015, 01:04 PM

363 posts, read 480,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Stereotypes? Really? I do no think so. I know you would like to portray Norwegians as Mediterraneans or even Asians, however that is complete nonsense and a dream. Only a complete fool will fall for that!
Easy now.... Mediterraneans and Asians!?! What!!!

Quote:
Now the fact is that Norwegians are overall the blondest-haired of the people of Scandinavia Proper (Denmark, Norway and Sweden)! This I say with assurance, due to the evidence from a medical study done on more than 100,000 Scandinavian women who were randomly sampled from precisely Norway and Sweden in 1991 and 1992 and these women were studied through an approximately ten year period starting in 1991 through to 1999 and 2000. These Scandinavians were drawn by the National Population Register at Statistics Norway (Oslo, Norway) and the National Population Register Statistics (Stockholm, Sweden). The purpose of the study was to understand the effect and dangers that skin melanoma in women represents. All these women were adults aged between 34-49 years old for Norwegian women and 30-50 years old for Swedish women. These individuals are studied thoroughly. Pigmentation results show that the Norwegians to have a higher percentage of blonde hair than the Swedes, but both Norwegians and Swedes are equally blue-eyed and red-haired. So please your American jokes for later, we are a lot smarter than you think!
Sounds weird that the Oslo based study team would write about hair and eye color I think..

I think you overreacts a bit when everything comes down to it.. It looks like you belive that I have said that gingers and blondes dont exists

There are lots of blondes also see!! Aint them Bergen student girls beautiful dont you think!?! Prettiest girls in Europe maybe !?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bs_hNU1VL4

Old 08-07-2015, 03:30 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Sure! Perhaps you don't have the ability to differentiate between people. Some people can and I am one of them. Unless you have some recent Southern European admixtures, I would be able to tell where you're from or at least more or less what region of Europe you could be from. Yes, I agree that there are exceptions here and there. Sean Connery for example looks Celtic, but of a dark Celtic type I am sure he could have ancestry from the Scottish Highlands. He has dark hair and dark eyes, but his features are too "rugged" to be from Southern Europe. People similar to Connery are usually found in Northern and Western Europe. As he got older, he changed, but if you see his younger pictures, he is definitely not a Southern European in my eyes by a mile! People from Eastern Europe also have some differences as well.
Miguel Angel Jiminez, he doesn't look typically Southern European like Cristiano Ronaldo/Raoul, he could pass as a French person, Swiss or North Italian.
Miguel Angel Jiminez could easily come from Inverness, Bristol, Berlin, Moscow, Madrid, Athens or anywhere! If you didn't know him as a famous Spanish golfer from Andalusia you would have posted him in one of you pictures and proclaimed him to have been a typical Scot, and you know it!! My friend your claim of knowing where in Europe somebody is from just from looking at them is complete bollox I'm afraid.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:12 PM

228 posts, read 367,687 times
Quote:
sure there are exceptions but most of the time I can tell them apart. Also, Sean Connery never looked Southern European to me, more like Central European.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:06 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
I wonder if this would help:

Old 08-07-2015, 11:49 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,535,663 times
Quote:
It's not about the pigmentation, it's about the phenotype. Face, skull, etc... You can easily tell which is which between those two.

Old 08-08-2015, 01:10 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
Easy now.... Mediterraneans and Asians!?! What!!!

Sounds weird that the Oslo based study team would write about hair and eye color I think..

I think you overreacts a bit when everything comes down to it.. It looks like you belive that I have said that gingers and blondes dont exists

There are lots of blondes also see!! Aint them Bergen student girls beautiful dont you think!?! Prettiest girls in Europe maybe !?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bs_hNU1VL4
I didn't overreact. All I did, was telling you facts. Yes the Melanoma study did in fact recorded the hair, eye colors, and height of the Scandinavians they studied. This was important, and in the study there was also a link with those with red hair and blonde to be more likely victims of melanoma than with dark brown and black hair for example. The Norwegian women came out lighter than the Swedish ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe