Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 07:56 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,435,317 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
I believe clothing is part of ethnological studies, that's why I mentioned the sandals.

Hard to find naked Italians, but naked Germans are a plenty.

As for myself, some people have asked me if I was portuguese or Iranian in the past. I do have green eyes though. Guess it's hard for everyone.
I can see the Portuguese - Italian similarity (Southern European). Iranian? Not quite, unless you're really swarthy with black hair and your tan is really deep. Perhaps, some light-skinned Iranians look Italians or you have the "huge" nasal features which are more common among Middle-Easterners. I know Portuguese on average don't look Iranian.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anhityk View Post
If to pick out individuals who will represent ethnic stereotypes it would be the easiest thing to do..
here a Finland-Swedish businessman Björn Wahlroos and a Russian general Pavel Grachev- who is who?:

Too easy for me. This one is Russian or East Slavic, he is actually typical of Eastern Europe. The face shape and eye shape. He could easily pass for a Polish person as well.

http://www.islamnews.ru/wp-content/u...SdHzsCW917.gif

This one is the Finnish one, but he can pass in any Northwest European country.

http://kuvat.uusisuomi.fi/sites/defa...uvat/nalle.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-12-2015 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 08-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
For me as an Asian, I can't tell the ethnic difference among various European people. We only can tell the rough difference between the dark skin, dark haired southern Europeans (Spanish, Greek, Italians, Portuguese) from the light skin light haired northern Europeans (Germans, Scandinavians, English etc.), although there is great variation within a country as well. For example, There seem to be many light skinned Spaniards as well. I don't know about the French, or east Europeans. Anyway, these are all just "white people" for us. I can't even tell the difference between a Russian from a Brit.

However, a colleague of mine told me that she could pretty much tell the difference in appearance (not all the time of course) because each ethnicity has a "certain look".

Does each European have a unique look that distinguishes it each other (besides hair/skin colour)? Of course in very general sense, and it is by no means 100% accurate.
Yes there are differences. For example can you tell, from which European country these blonde, blue-eyed European are from?

I.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3e7c76aec2.jpg

II.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...f0fe012cd1.jpg

III.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-12-2015 at 03:39 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 08-12-2015, 12:23 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,399,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Yes there are differences. For example can you tell, from which European country these blonde, blue-eyed European are from?

They could be alien creatures, according to the theory of creation by the Annunaki, the character blond with blue eyes corresponds perfectly

Old 08-12-2015, 10:17 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
I am first going to let you know something, you might not know. The same way, you could recognize or differentiate your own siblings from other people, is the same way some people can tell if someone is from their country or ethnic group, etc... British and Irish people have to me what I'd call a "familiar" look. For most people, I live with have ancestry from England, Scotland, but also Ireland, so when someone from Eastern or Southern Europe (e.g. Russians, Bosnians, Spaniards) shows up, it makes quite easy for me to point them out as "strangers. This doesn't apply on every single basis, but for the most part, it does. Facial features are also inherited from our parents, our ancestors, thus people can look exactly the same. British and Irish people ancestral history is different from let's say Spaniards or Poles, thus this is also manifested in the way we look.

Anyway, the People of British Isles Project at the Oxford University is now doing a medical research on facial features of the British people, and they even trying to identify genes behin particular facial features.
So you keep saying but what you are STILL failing to say is what EXACTLY this 'familiar look' entails! So that I can look into my mirror to make sure I have it, then I will check out all the other 60 million Britons to make sure they have it too. The simple truth is you can't tell me what this 'familiar look' is can you, because it doesn't exist! Britons do NOT look any different from any other Europeans, they are as I said an 'individualistic' bunch of people with EVERY type of look there is!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
So you keep saying but what you are STILL failing to say is what EXACTLY this 'familiar look' entails! So that I can look into my mirror to make sure I have it, then I will check out all the other 60 million Britons to make sure they have it too. The simple truth is you can't tell me what this 'familiar look' is can you, because it doesn't exist! Britons do NOT look any different from any other Europeans, they are as I said an 'individualistic' bunch of people with EVERY type of look there is!
There is a familiar look which I have not disclosed yet and will later do so. Britons do have their "look", but it is still part of what the North-West European look. The "look" exists and now science is about to break it down for us, in the 21st century. The POBI project is now showing some of the facial characteristics which are particular to the British, more results are coming. I had already know that the look existed.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-12-2015 at 06:26 PM..

Old 08-12-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miticoman View Post
They could be alien creatures, according to the theory of creation by the Annunaki, the character blond with blue eyes corresponds perfectly
Are you making fun of blonde people? How would you feel if someone make fun of you?

Old 08-12-2015, 07:14 PM

This Polish athlete from the Strong Man competition shows us again the "Slavic" look. He's a Polish person, but easily could pass for Russian. Look at the short head form.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...ianowski_3.JPG

Old 08-13-2015, 03:00 AM

7,501 posts, read 6,293,418 times
Quote:
I can see the Portuguese - Italian similarity (Southern European). Iranian? Not quite, unless you're really swarthy with black hair and your tan is really deep. Perhaps, some light-skinned Iranians look Italians or you have the "huge" nasal features which are more common among Middle-Easterners. I know Portuguese on average don't look Iranian.
Well, I'm not even Italian. I have dark brown hair but quite light skin ( i get burnt in the summer), and a small nose (not Italian !).

The guy who said that to me was moroccan though.

Old 08-13-2015, 10:11 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
There is a familiar look which I have not disclosed yet and will later do so. Britons do have their "look", but it is still part of what the North-West European look. The "look" exists and now science is about to break it down for us, in the 21st century. The POBI project is now showing some of the facial characteristics which are particular to the British, more results are coming. I had already know that the look existed.
Please tell me now! I want to know if me and all my fellow countrymen have this 'familiar look'? I have looked at the people I work with today and I dunno but they ALL looked pretty individual to me! Both the British ones and the foreign ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe