Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2015, 05:09 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Karlsson View Post
There is a very certain look that the English have. I live in the US but am from Sweden so I don't have a bias. When you go to states like Kentucky, Missisissippi, Alabama and other areas that had very little immigration everyone looks typically English. Except with more teeth! Seriously though, there are doppelgangers everywhere.
I liked it, especially when you gave examples such Emma Watson, her very fair skin ("English rose").

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/i...ABX9UMozEe4Crg

David Cameron (is of Welsh, Scottish and English ancestry) with the sharp facial profile, light/medium brown hair, blue eyes, fair-skinned looks like the average Briton.

Andrea Riseborough

http://images.starpulse.com/pictures...AES-048015.jpg

Lily Cole from Devon, England.

http://topnews.in/light/files/Lily_Cole.jpg

Lily Donaldson from West London.

http://www.swingfashionista.com/wp-c...anhasset29.jpg

This guy too from Harry Potter's movie.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mb...tlb0o1_500.jpg

I cannot mistake these people as not being from the British Isles.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-21-2015 at 05:23 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 05:43 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,460,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-UK View Post
Dutch and Germans? In Holland and Germany the most common hair colour is brown.
Perhaps for adults, but if they are ethnic Dutch or ethnic German, most were born blonde.

Old 08-14-2015, 10:33 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,346,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post
Maybe you should visit UK and see for yourself
But he is from the UK.

Old 08-15-2015, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
Perhaps for adults, but if they are ethnic Dutch or ethnic German, most were born blonde.
Brown hair is the most common hair color in the Netherlands and Germany, though both countries have a significant blonde-haired populations which are more frequent in their respective northern regions than in their southern regions. Obviously many are born blonde-haired, but we could say the same for Britain and Ireland, many of the children are blonde/light-haired or even red-haired.

Some of the false accusers on these threads, speak about how "dark-haired" John Terry , the Chelsea soccer player is. They are ignorant of the fact that John Terry was blond in his childhood. Hair darkens as we grow into adulthood, just part of evolution.

This is the young blonde-haired John Terry.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/AxHzAaPCIAE_SHg.jpg

The older John Terry .

http://s.ndtvimg.com/images/stories/...hnterry300.jpg

In this picture below, the first blond-haired boy in the first row kneeling at the far-left is the famous English soccer player David Beckham .

http://images.ok.co.uk/AnnieTuesday/...obiography.jpg

The older Beckham .

http://www.morearticle.com/files/blogs/280x425.jpg

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-21-2015 at 05:24 AM.. Reason: Copyright issues

Old 08-15-2015, 02:19 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times
I love how this thread is somehow becoming an oh my look at all those blonde children and/or oh my look all those British people! thread....

Old 08-15-2015, 06:47 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders Karlsson View Post
Maybe I am being trolled. When you see someone like Emma Watson she looks typically English. Is it so hard for you to guess which group is English and which one is Slovak and which one is Spanish?

Will you just ANSWER MY QUESTION seeing as Saxonwold is totally incapable - what is this British look EXACTLY? I want to go and make sure we all have it!! Oh and posting random pictures isn't an answer unless of course you post a picture of every single Britain. PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME!

Old 08-15-2015, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Will you just ANSWER MY QUESTION seeing as Saxonwold is totally incapable - what is this British look EXACTLY? I want to go and make sure we all have it!! Oh and posting random pictures isn't an answer unless of course you post a picture of every single Britain. PLEASE PLEASE ANSWER ME!
You cannot make sure that you all have it. You already have it, but maybe you can't tell because you're from there. See. It is usually people who are outside the British Isles, who would recognize it. As I have said previously, the "British look" is not just a singular one, but there are more variations. Other countries also have their looks, like Russians, Spaniards, Poles, etc... Some looks overlap within neighboring countries, like western Britain and Ireland or northern France and northern Belgium, northern Poland and Lithuania etc...

Old 08-15-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
I love how this thread is somehow becoming an oh my look at all those blonde children and/or oh my look all those British people! thread....
We can do the same for French people

Old 08-15-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Don't be jealous of the British. I know you still having "anti-English" feelings, as some French people usually resent the English perhaps due to history. France on the other hand is larger and much more diverse than the British Isles. The difference from those who are native to Midi Pyrenees and those of Basse Normandie is much greater than anywhere within the British Isles. Some of the loveliest women, I have ever seen were from from France too, something you should be proud of!

Old 08-15-2015, 12:42 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
We can do the same for French people
Huh, no, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Don't be jealous of the British. I know you still having "anti-English" feelings, as some French people usually resent the English perhaps due to history. France on the other hand is larger and much more diverse than the British Isles. The difference from those who are native to Midi Pyrenees and those of Basse Normandie is much greater than anywhere within the British Isles. Some of the loveliest women, I have ever seen were from from France too, something you should be proud of!
Jealous ? Oh you're too funny. Anti-English ? How do you do to put so much nonsense in just a few words ? If there is someone who is not "anti-English" it is me, you know. Oh well, I forgot, you don't know.

And seriously I don't know WTF you're talking about history between France and Britain and blah blah, this has nothing to do with it all, but like always you seem to not be able to speak of something else. Maybe you're a little bit insecure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe