Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2015, 06:04 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,735,386 times

Advertisements

I'll close the thread if people keep posting copyrighted pictures. There isn't much discussion about the origin topic anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 12:07 PM

363 posts, read 480,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
We can associate the following characteristics (blonde hair, blue eyes, a fair skin) with the people of Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the other Nordic countries. It has been proven by recent genetic studies this blonde gene (KITLG) is most common in those populations. For those who have problems with comprehension, this doesn't mean, every single person is blonde there, but those countries have higher percentages than other countries.

Children from Bergen, Norway.
Yeah there they are, lots of very small children.

Nordic females are pretty, we all know that. No reason to argue about it: http://i.imgur.com/Qz60FxW.jpg

Old 08-21-2015, 01:22 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,261 times
I can definitely spot somebody from the British Isles, in London. ( not always good! but not always bad)

Old 08-21-2015, 01:23 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Quite easily mate I can even tell the difference in all the eastern EU ppl as well just from living in London

The only trouble I have is separating the Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish and Danish as beautiful is beautiful which ever way you look at it!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by England Dan View Post
I can definitely spot somebody from the British Isles, in London. ( not always good! but not always bad)
Great minds Dan

Old 08-21-2015, 03:09 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,108,261 times
A native British Isles, also Irish, are sooo different from Eastern Europeans, not in a superior way but just from observation. If you travel to Cumbria, Norfolk, Devon, Cornwall , Border Scotland and Snowdonia, I can see the same race ( sorry Scots), the recent DNA study proved this link. This is not a race card but a comforting club in all this Globalisation. Everyone invited to drink min the club, of course. ( didn't say B and B!)

Old 08-21-2015, 04:46 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post

Nordic females are pretty, we all know that. No reason to argue about it: http://i.imgur.com/Qz60FxW.jpg
Were those blonde women, children too?
For your information, true blondeness is most oftentimes best expressed in childhood anyway, then people's hair will normally darken. When we see that great numbers of Norwegian and other Scandinavian children are quite blonde, that alone should indicate us how much those countries are blonder than other European countries, especially those of Southern Europe. This is why, Northern European populations also have a higher frequency of individuals who possess the blonde gene. These individuals are not necessarily blonde-haired, but could have dark brown hair as well.

Old 08-21-2015, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjua View Post

By the way, China is not a Nordic country, perhaps you need to get your geography fixed! Secondly, dark-haired women are probably preferred in Norway and to an extent Northern Europe,because they are not so common. In Italy, Spain, and other Southern Europe, blondes are cherished.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:28 PM

595 posts, read 719,831 times
Quote:
In Italy, Spain, and other Southern Europe, blondes are cherished.
Blonde women 50 years ago yes, not anymore. Blonde men never.

Old 08-21-2015, 05:41 PM

363 posts, read 480,194 times
Quote:
Were those blonde women, children too?
For your information, true blondeness is most oftentimes best expressed in childhood anyway, then people's hair will normally darken. When we see that great numbers of Norwegian and other Scandinavian children are quite blonde, that alone should indicate us how much those countries are blonder than other European countries, especially those of Southern Europe. This is why, Northern European populations also have a higher frequency of individuals who possess the blonde gene. These individuals are not necessarily blonde-haired, but could have dark brown hair as well.
You exaggerating X1000. No one have said that there are places in northern Europe where blonds and redheads dont exist.

Old 08-22-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victus View Post
Blonde women 50 years ago yes, not anymore. Blonde men never.
Obviously I meant blonde women!

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-23-2015 at 05:38 AM.. Reason: Rude
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe