Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 08:19 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times

Advertisements

In a wise manner, I'd say there are differences between Europeans physically, for those with fair-skin/light eyes (blue/gray/green)/light hair (red/blonde/brown) or all of those features combined are more common in northern/central parts such as in England, Germany, etc... while darker-featured people (black-haired/brown-eyed) are more common in southern parts such as in Portugal, Greece, etc... This doesn't mean that there are no darker-featured people in northern parts or lighter-featured people in southern parts (e.g. 11% of Portuguese are fair-haired) (only a fool will believe that). In my case, my ancestry is from the northern parts thus my family reflects much more of the lighter-featured than dark. A good portion of White Americans are have ancestry from northern/central parts of Europe. The Southern European country, which also contributed a portion of White Americans is Italy.

Portugal.
http://img1.goodfon.su/original/1680...omie-model.jpg

England.
http://www.missengland.info/images/s.../khess3198.jpg

Greece.
http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/t...s-greece-1.jpg

Germany
http://i1.web.de/image/682/30435682,...s-internet.jpg

Linguistically, culturally they also differ. However there are similarities as well, where for many, it would be difficult for many to differentiate them. Scandinavians for instance are quite similar, even the Finnish whom some don't consider as Scandinavians they are very similar to the "Scandinavians Proper".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2015, 04:42 PM

Even between neighboring Central European nations such as Germany and the Czech Republic, differences have been found. When studying populations. In the male group, Germans were found overall to have narrower jaws, smaller noses, narrower mouths, eyes placed further apart than Czechs.

Other facial measurements show this difference too in the male populations.
Germans - Czechs

Bigonial - 97.6mm - 109.5mm
Nasal Height - 52mm - 54mm
Nasal Breadth - 50.9mm - 53.8mm
Intercanthal distance - 31.2mm - 30.9mm

Old 08-22-2015, 06:33 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Even between neighboring Central European nations such as Germany and the Czech Republic, differences have been found. When studying populations. In the male group, Germans were found overall to have narrower jaws, smaller noses, narrower mouths, eyes placed further apart than Czechs.

Other facial measurements show this difference too in the male populations.
Germans - Czechs

Bigonial - 97.6mm - 109.5mm
Nasal Height - 52mm - 54mm
Nasal Breadth - 50.9mm - 53.8mm
Intercanthal distance - 31.2mm - 30.9mm
Have you (finally) decided to tell us the exact differences that you are always talking about? Good man! Perhaps now you can tell me some 'British' measurements so I can go and check that I 'conform'. Despite being 100% British I'm afraid I failed the 'red hair' and 'fair skin' test, hopefully I can redeem myself by having the correct sized nose or space between my eyes.

Old 08-23-2015, 05:42 AM

185 posts, read 258,778 times
I can always tell with the english

northern english will have three eyes, while southern english have green hair..... the hard one it's essex english who are a mixture of unpure races (breed between welsh with the hanging noses and the isle of mann fellas with their colorful purple mouths), so essex fellas are mixed race!!!!

of course when you move into europe, all spaniards wear bullfighter outfights and dance flamenco while on their way to work

and italians have one thousand hairs popping out of their nostrils (count them, if it's not 1000, but 1001 then they are not pure real unmixed italians)

listen up America!!! mother nature and God created races and countries for a reason.... the jews on the 21st century are making us all mixed! but it's a conspiracy against the racial purity of mother earth which managed to have unmixed racially pure individuals (one ethnicity per country) for 2015 thousands of years!

Old 08-23-2015, 09:29 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Oh. ulta is now doing a satirical pastiche of people doing satirical pastiches of other borderline personalities on city-data.

Heads may explode.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:05 AM

363 posts, read 480,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Oh. ulta is now doing a satirical pastiche of people doing satirical pastiches of other borderline personalities on city-data.

Heads may explode.
Yeah and it all started because of saxonwold`s hate towards nordic people.

There is nothing wrong with nordic MILFs for instance. Maybe saxonwold dont like females.

Nordic MILFs in tight pants:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlcjWYQl9mM

Last edited by Tjua; 08-23-2015 at 10:20 AM..

Old 08-23-2015, 10:30 AM

1,660 posts, read 2,536,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
We can associate the following characteristics (blonde hair, blue eyes, a fair skin) with the people of Norway, Sweden, Denmark and the other Nordic countries. It has been proven by recent genetic studies this blonde gene (KITLG) is most common in those populations. For those who have problems with comprehension, this doesn't mean, every single person is blonde there, but those countries have higher percentages than other countries.

Children from Bergen, Norway.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...85dbcc0b80.jpg

Local groups from Bergen, Norway.

http://c8.alamy.com/comp/BM82FB/loca...ity-BM82FB.jpg
The KITLG snp has been proven to be unreliable when determining hair color, just FYI.

Old 08-23-2015, 12:42 PM

3,503 posts, read 2,666,638 times
I have been around so long and been in so many country’s that no one knows where I'm from even speaking the native language. In Switzerland they think I'm English or American. In Germany they think I'm Swiss. In the northern U.S. they think I'm from Texas or the south. In Texas they assume I'm from Boston or the south. The fact is I'm from Europe.

In today’s world it is difficult to determine the ethnic difference between people. In Asia I could only identify the Chinese from the Japanese and the Thais.

Old 08-23-2015, 02:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I have been around so long and been in so many country’s that no one knows where I'm from even speaking the native language. In Switzerland they think I'm English or American. In Germany they think I'm Swiss. In the northern U.S. they think I'm from Texas or the south. In Texas they assume I'm from Boston or the south. The fact is I'm from Europe.
I think you are half Columbian and half Dutch-American.

Old 08-23-2015, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Have you (finally) decided to tell us the exact differences that you are always talking about? Good man! Perhaps now you can tell me some 'British' measurements so I can go and check that I 'conform'. Despite being 100% British I'm afraid I failed the 'red hair' and 'fair skin' test, hopefully I can redeem myself by having the correct sized nose or space between my eyes.
Oh, do not be alarmed! There is nothing to be redeemed about, you are a simply confused chap! The most common pigmentation combination in the British Isles, is a fair skin, brown hair, and usually bluish or greenish eyes and a more or less sharp facial profile. However this doesn't mean there are those who don't conform to it, you could be in this case, you probably have a skin tone that's darker than what would be the average for White Brits (perhaps olive in tone). Nobody said that red hair is the most common hair color, but it is a typical hair color since the British Isles has the highest frequency of redhead per capita in the world. Those of you of a stronger Celtic extraction will usually burn and never tan, while those of you with less Celtic extraction may burn and then tan regardless of hair/eye color.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe