Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2015, 04:23 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
James McAvoy is not the only British person I have posted on all these threads! There are plenty more people, when I see James McAvoy I know automatically that he's British or Irish without a doubt. If you cannot tell it's too bad for you. People like Gerald Butler, Ewan McGregor, Margaret Thatcher, etc... have that "British look". At least the majority has it.
Yet you don't seem to be able to tell me what this 'British look' is exactly! Because you can't perhaps? Because you don't know perhaps? Because your talking nonsense perhaps? When you can tell me EXACTLY what it is that makes David Beckham, Sean Connery, Ian McShane, Kit Harrington, Michael Cane, Benedict Cumberbatch, Margaret Thatcher, Princess Diana, Daniel Radcliffe, Timothy Spall, Garath Bale, Keira Knightly, Kate Winslett, Judi Dench, Ben Kingsly, Anthony Quale, Charlie Chaplain or Cary Grant all identical with each other and with me then perhaps you may be on to something.

Last edited by Rozenn; 08-26-2015 at 10:48 AM.. Reason: Orphaned
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2015, 04:58 PM

185 posts, read 258,712 times
this is how easthome looks like

and just about every male in britain for that matter

Old 08-25-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post
this is how easthome looks like

and just about every male in britain for that matter
He has my legs........I do believe though that Saxonwold is exactly like him because despite being American and living in America, unlike me, he is 'proper British' because he has the mysterious difficult to 'put your finger on' British look (ie skin like Star Treks Data and hair the colour of carrots).

Old 08-25-2015, 06:57 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He has my legs........I do believe though that Saxonwold is exactly like him because despite being American and living in America, unlike me, he is 'proper British' because he has the mysterious difficult to 'put your finger on' British look (ie skin like Star Treks Data and hair the colour of carrots).
See even the caricature already recognizes the Brits as a pale-complected people. Though not all Brits are fair-skinned (just like you), but they are generally lighter-complected than most groups. The frequency of red hair is much higher in Britain than in most places on the planet, that's for sure. Yes many people when they see, they think I have Irish/Scottish ancestry, sometimes they also say I might have Scandinavian ancestry.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
See even the caricature already recognizes the Brits as a pale-complected people. Though not all Brits are fair-skinned (just like you), but they are generally lighter-complected than most groups. The frequency of red hair is much higher in Britain than in most places on the planet, that's for sure. Yes many people when they see, they think I have Irish/Scottish ancestry, sometimes they also say I might have Scandinavian ancestry.
But the point is a VAST majority of Britons are NOT pale, ginger haired people!!! So how can that be a 'British look' how can that be what the true, pure, ethnic Britons are like! How can 0.5% of the population be representative of the population!! And as for your comment about Britons being 'German' I would say that LESS THAN 0.5% of Britons have 'pure Anglo-Saxon' blood, in fact I would say there isn't ONE SINGLE Briton alive today that can actually really claim this! Ergo what you are preaching to us all is nonsense.

Old 08-26-2015, 06:05 AM

Quote:
But the point is a VAST majority of Britons are NOT pale, ginger haired people!!! So how can that be a 'British look' how can that be what the true, pure, ethnic Britons are like! How can 0.5% of the population be representative of the population!! And as for your comment about Britons being 'German' I would say that LESS THAN 0.5% of Britons have 'pure Anglo-Saxon' blood, in fact I would say there isn't ONE SINGLE Briton alive today that can actually really claim this! Ergo what you are preaching to us all is nonsense.
care to post an image of you?

I imagine you looking like a very alternative looking London modern male with smashing manly hairy legs and a sexy won't comply attitude!

Old 08-26-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Didn't you know chap? All British people do have that royal family mixed with BBC reporter look!!! You are all similar!!!

Plus it's obvious you're brits because of the 4pm tea-time daily routine you all indulge yourselves in, you sit in the rose gardens of your fancy West London tudor homes and have Trudy the housekeeper bring you a lovely cup of tea with some freshly baked scones! (obviously with a picture of Queen Victoria on the background)

Now, do not forget your bowl hat before you go out so that you can cover all that red hair, also bring that umbrella and don't forget to say "How do you do me dear lady" to the ladies who walk by as you walk the foggy streets of victorian London.

PS: Be careful when in East London, you might run into Jack the Ripper!

Old 08-26-2015, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post
care to post an image of you?

I imagine you looking like a very alternative looking London modern male with smashing manly hairy legs and a sexy won't comply attitude!
I don't particularly want to post a picture of myself on here, can I send privately? I don't know, however I am not red headed (dark haired with green eyes) I wouldn't say I am 'dark skinned' not even particularly 'olive skinned' however I am certainly not particularly pale either! I used to be married to a Croatian girl (married young, big mistake, long story) and once when I visited her Uncle in Croatia they decided to take me to visit a local mountain park, however when I arrived, in shorts and vest (it was a hot sunny day) at their house they refused to take me unless I wore her Aunties floppy sun hat (they offered to remove the ribbon) because as an English man they were worried I wouldn't be able to take the sun!!! This despite the fact that I am less fair skinned than they are and because of all the surfing I used to do at the time I was far more tanned too! That unfortunately is what 'stereotyping' people will do, and as Saxonwold proves it doesn't make any difference what you say you simply cannot fight 'stereotypes'.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
I don't particularly want to post a picture of myself on here, can I send privately? I don't know, however I am not red headed (dark haired with green eyes) I wouldn't say I am 'dark skinned' not even particularly 'olive skinned' however I am certainly not particularly pale either! I used to be married to a Croatian girl (married young, big mistake, long story) and once when I visited her Uncle in Croatia they decided to take me to visit a local mountain park, however when I arrived, in shorts and vest (it was a hot sunny day) at their house they refused to take me unless I wore her Aunties floppy sun hat (they offered to remove the ribbon) because as an English man they were worried I wouldn't be able to take the sun!!! This despite the fact that I am less fair skinned than they are and because of all the surfing I used to do at the time I was far more tanned too! That unfortunately is what 'stereotyping' people will do, and as Saxonwold proves it doesn't make any difference what you say you simply cannot fight 'stereotypes'.
No need to put up your picture. You have your right to your privacy. You said yourself that you are dark-haired and green-eyed and your skin type isn't olive but not so fair (most likely type III)! Your ex-family in-laws were not wrong when they offered a sun hat, I would say they were a caring, sympathetic people. Probably the majority of Brits they met or know about, most likely didn't do too well in the sun, so they were just looking out for you , not stereotyping. You took that offensively, because you have a complex. You were only less fair-skinned because you spent more time in the sunlight than they did, so that means they are not fairer-skinned than you are. If they spent the same amount of time under the sun as you did, they'll probably be darker. So I see that I am not the only one who says that the British are overall fair-skinned. You know what happens when you put a bunch of Britons in a place very sunny pale? They become like Australians. Did you know Australia has the highest percentage of people with skin cancers in the world. Many Australians are descendants of Britons and Irish people (Anglo-Celtic people)! The stereotype usually speaks some truths that, the Britons are quite fair and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
You don't know what you talking about and have no clue what I am referring to. A scientific mind will help. There is no such thing as "pure Anglo-Saxon" blood, where did you pull that nonsense?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe