Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 06:10 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,437,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulta View Post
Didn't you know chap? All British people do have that royal family mixed with BBC reporter look!!! You are all similar!!!

Plus it's obvious you're brits because of the 4pm tea-time daily routine you all indulge yourselves in, you sit in the rose gardens of your fancy West London tudor homes and have Trudy the housekeeper bring you a lovely cup of tea with some freshly baked scones! (obviously with a picture of Queen Victoria on the background)

Now, do not forget your bowl hat before you go out so that you can cover all that red hair, also bring that umbrella and don't forget to say "How do you do me dear lady" to the ladies who walk by as you walk the foggy streets of victorian London.

PS: Be careful when in East London, you might run into Jack the Ripper!
Like these typical Brits.

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2..._studio_01.jpg

http://www.stpaulsbessbrook.org/wp-c...59-584x389.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2015, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
But the point is a VAST majority of Britons are NOT pale, ginger haired people!!! So how can that be a 'British look' how can that be what the true, pure, ethnic Britons are like! How can 0.5% of the population be representative of the population!! And as for your comment about Britons being 'German' I would say that LESS THAN 0.5% of Britons have 'pure Anglo-Saxon' blood, in fact I would say there isn't ONE SINGLE Briton alive today that can actually really claim this! Ergo what you are preaching to us all is nonsense.
British actress Emma Watson's own words in 2011 in article of the People's magazine: Makeup Makes Me Less 'Pale and English'. Her trademark is her flawless skin, in her own words again "I am so pale and English".
That alone speaks for itself, something I had already known, being of English ancestry myself. The same actress in another article of the FilmBeat, her own words are: "I am English and I have fair skin".
The majority of Britons and Irish people are pale-complected, nobody ever said that they were all ginger.
The English people and pale skin have always been linked.

Last edited by saxonwold; 08-26-2015 at 06:59 PM..

Old 08-27-2015, 05:19 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
British actress Emma Watson's own words in 2011 in article of the People's magazine: Makeup Makes Me Less 'Pale and English'. Her trademark is her flawless skin, in her own words again "I am so pale and English".
That alone speaks for itself, something I had already known, being of English ancestry myself. The same actress in another article of the FilmBeat, her own words are: "I am English and I have fair skin".
The majority of Britons and Irish people are pale-complected, nobody ever said that they were all ginger.
The English people and pale skin have always been linked.
The 'majority' ARE NOT pale-complected, I am here, I can see with my own eyes, now please stop 'beating around the bush' and tell me exactly what this British look entails exactly, when you finally manage to let me know I will tell you if you are right or wrong, incidently posting a picture of a ginger bearded Scotsman isn't going to prove anything.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:25 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,032,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
No need to put up your picture. You have your right to your privacy. You said yourself that you are dark-haired and green-eyed and your skin type isn't olive but not so fair (most likely type III)! Your ex-family in-laws were not wrong when they offered a sun hat, I would say they were a caring, sympathetic people. Probably the majority of Brits they met or know about, most likely didn't do too well in the sun, so they were just looking out for you , not stereotyping. You took that offensively, because you have a complex. You were only less fair-skinned because you spent more time in the sunlight than they did, so that means they are not fairer-skinned than you are. If they spent the same amount of time under the sun as you did, they'll probably be darker. So I see that I am not the only one who says that the British are overall fair-skinned. You know what happens when you put a bunch of Britons in a place very sunny pale? They become like Australians. Did you know Australia has the highest percentage of people with skin cancers in the world. Many Australians are descendants of Britons and Irish people (Anglo-Celtic people)! The stereotype usually speaks some truths that, the Britons are quite fair and there is nothing wrong with that.
Of course they were WRONG, like you they were just reacting to stereotypical rubbish, and yes they ARE fairer skinned people than me, in fact my ex wife was fairer skinned than me AND still had dark hair which blows a lot of what you say out of the water immediately. Stop just trotting out stereotypical rubbish as facts, try actually leaving your hometown and actually travel the world so you can actually see for yourself. Incidently 'Many Australians' are not descendants of Britons yet still get skin cancer, skin cancer has 'f*ck all' to do with where their granddaddy came from.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:28 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,806,017 times
typical irish (red haired, celtic anglosaxon viking)

Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 PM

74 posts, read 73,713 times
It depends how far away their country is.

Old 08-27-2015, 12:57 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
The 'majority' ARE NOT pale-complected,
They most certainly are.

Have you ever been to the UK? You think most Brits are dark-skinned?

Old 08-27-2015, 01:20 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
They most certainly are.

Have you ever been to the UK? You think most Brits are dark-skinned?
Did you read what he said or what ? He lives there, helloo.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:02 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Did you read what he said or what ? He lives there, helloo.
Then he's lying. He either doesn't live in the UK, or he does and is lying about those who live in the UK.

Any idiot could immediately tell that the UK has many pale-faces within 2 minutes of leaving Heathrow.

Old 08-27-2015, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Of course they were WRONG, like you they were just reacting to stereotypical rubbish, and yes they ARE fairer skinned people than me, in fact my ex wife was fairer skinned than me AND still had dark hair which blows a lot of what you say out of the water immediately. Stop just trotting out stereotypical rubbish as facts, try actually leaving your hometown and actually travel the world so you can actually see for yourself. Incidently 'Many Australians' are not descendants of Britons yet still get skin cancer, skin cancer has 'f*ck all' to do with where their granddaddy came from.
You are extremely ignorant. The majority of White Australians, New Zealanders are the descendants of people who came from the British Isles. There are plenty of Brits, especially those of Celtic extraction (notably those of Irish and Welsh descent) who are dark-haired, and pale as heck and don't even tan. Emma Watson said it herself, "I am so pale and English. The English and the British are also known for their pale complexions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe