Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 02:16 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,035,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Iberian vs Irish people differences.

Anthropological measurements.

Iberian male average morphological measurements:

Head length - 193mm
Head breadth - 141mm
Head height - 119mm
minimum frontal - 103mm
Byzigomatic - 133mm
Bygonials - 102mm
Total facial height - 120mm
Nasal height - 55mm
Nasal breadth - 33mm

Irish male average morphological measurements:

Head length - 198mm
Head breadth - 157mm
Head height - 125.5mm
minimum frontal - 111mm
Byzigomatic - 142mm
Bygonial - 111mm
Total facial height - 127mm
Upper facial height - 72mm
Nasal height - 57mm
Nasal breadth - 37mm

Overall the Irish tend to have longer and larger head forms than Iberians and other Southern Europeans. The Irish tend to have a longer facial form with a slightly higher-bridged nose, but slightly less narrow than that of Iberians. By these measurements alone, we see that the Irish are much more similar to other people of Northern Europe (Scandinavia, Baltic countries, etc...). In terms of pigmentation, obviously the Irish show an excess of fair pigmentation, particularly that of pheomelanin. A high frequency of red and golden hair and blue or light eyes. Irish women tend to have a higher frequency of blonde/red/light hair than their males counterparts, while Irish males tend to have a higher frequency of blue/green/gray eyes than their female counterparts. While in the Iberian group there isn't a significant difference in hair color between males and females, but Spanish males also show a higher frequency of blue or light eyes than their female counterparts. In terms of skin tones, The Irish are a predominantly Celtic population and thus quite light-complected.
Right finally! Now I do notice you say Irish not British!!??? I am asking about this 'British look' you claim exists, am I to take it its the same as this supposed 'Irish look'? Once you let me know I am going to measure my face and facial features and then put them in here, I will then measure some friends and families face and facial features and put them here and if (when) we see that we all have different measurements to the ones listed you can tell meexactly why it is (as a British) man my head doesn't conform to the British head!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 04:13 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Right finally! Now I do notice you say Irish not British!!??? I am asking about this 'British look' you claim exists, am I to take it its the same as this supposed 'Irish look'? Once you let me know I am going to measure my face and facial features and then put them in here, I will then measure some friends and families face and facial features and put them here and if (when) we see that we all have different measurements to the ones listed you can tell meexactly why it is (as a British) man my head doesn't conform to the British head!!!!
You have along way to go. I hope you get there one day!

Old 08-29-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
This actress has a very British pretty girl look IMO. She is Canadian, but as far as I know all of her ancestry is in the British Isles.
Yes she does look quite British.
Look below this woman was voted in 2012 as the winner of "Britain's Perfect Face" competition. In this competition, they were also seeking the most make-up free women in order to tell true beauty. She shares some morphological resemblance with the Canadian actress.

http://www.goldennumber.net/wp-conte...lden-ratio.jpg

Old 08-29-2015, 05:12 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,700 times
Where she could pass?

http://41.media.tumblr.com/73ce93fab...1nwo4_1280.jpg

Old 08-29-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
You have along way to go. I hope you get there one day!
Well? Were are my 'measurements' I have to conform to?? I'm sick of asking! You don't have them do you? Because everything you've said has been bollox, make sure your next post FINALLY tells me hoiw I am supposed to look because I'm British - DONT just post random pictures!!!! FACTS please! TELL ME HOW I AM SUPPOSED TO LOOK, TELL ME HOW ALL MY BRITISH FRIENDS AND FAMILY ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK. And then tell me why we don't all look that way, if you can't then please stop your nonsense.

Old 08-29-2015, 05:33 PM

Seriously you two, what's the point of arguing like this?

Old 08-29-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Seriously you two, what's the point of arguing like this?
He wont answer my questions, he annoyed me a while back when he decided that I wasn't proper British just because I have dark hair and I don't have fair skin! He even accused me of being Spanish! He thinks he is some kind of 'Anglo Saxon' and he believes that all Britons are some kind of pure breed Germans! He also thinks he can spot a 'proper Briton' and basically insults 95% of all British people, its complete nonsense and I am trying to get something from him to prove what he claims (obviously he cant because its nonsense) so he just posts random pictures and rambles on about nothing in particular instead. You're right of course he is obviously beyond reasonable discussion perhaps I ought to leave it and just be thankful he's not British (unlike me!) :-D

Old 08-29-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He wont answer my questions, he annoyed me a while back when he decided that I wasn't proper British just because I have dark hair and I don't have fair skin! He even accused me of being Spanish! He thinks he is some kind of 'Anglo Saxon' and he believes that all Britons are some kind of pure breed Germans! He also thinks he can spot a 'proper Briton' and basically insults 95% of all British people, its complete nonsense and I am trying to get something from him to prove what he claims (obviously he cant because its nonsense) so he just posts random pictures and rambles on about nothing in particular instead. You're right of course he is obviously beyond reasonable discussion perhaps I ought to leave it and just be thankful he's not British (unlike me!) :-D
You're arguing with a wall I think. If I were you I wouldn't bother. You live there, you're British, no matter what everyone else could say, period.

Old 08-29-2015, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
You're arguing with a wall I think. If I were you I wouldn't bother. You live there, you're British, no matter what everyone else could say, period.
You speak sense, I shouldn't have let him grate with me but its infuriating when somebody the other side of the world is telling you something based on nothing more than stereotypical views that you can see with your own eyes just arent true, its worse when they even start claiming they know how you look despite never setting eyes on you, and most infuriating of all when they think they know your body better than you know it yourself!!

Old 08-30-2015, 01:02 AM

Natural blond hair is also a good indicator for people of Northern and Northwestern countries. What some people don't realize is, how much less frequent blonde hair in most non-European descended populations (Less than 5% of the world's people are blonde-haired). In the Netherlands for example, blondes are common, thus sometimes yields to the stereotype of the "blond Dutchman", though the majority of ethnic have brown hair. Even within the Netherlands according to recent genetical studies on the ethnic Dutch population, there still seem to be a consistent difference between the northern Dutch and southern Dutch populations in terms of pigmentation. The southern Dutch population shows on average a lower frequency of fair characteristics such as blue eyes and blonde hair than the northern Dutch ones. Southern Dutch also have a lower average height than the northern ones. The blondest region of the Netherlands is Groningen (which reaches Scandinavian levels of blondeheadedness), followed by Friesland and to a much lesser extent Drenthe. On the other hand, central and southern parts of the Netherlands (particularly Limburg, North Brabant, Zeeland) are less frequently blonde.

Blonde Dutch athletes.

http://www.koenverweij.org/koen/styl...s/EE6C7383.jpg

http://www.nieuwsregio.nl/web/images...uk-portret.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe