Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2015, 01:23 AM

4,680 posts, read 13,440,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
He wont answer my questions, he annoyed me a while back when he decided that I wasn't proper British just because I have dark hair and I don't have fair skin! He even accused me of being Spanish! He thinks he is some kind of 'Anglo Saxon' and he believes that all Britons are some kind of pure breed Germans! He also thinks he can spot a 'proper Briton' and basically insults 95% of all British people, its complete nonsense and I am trying to get something from him to prove what he claims (obviously he cant because its nonsense) so he just posts random pictures and rambles on about nothing in particular instead. You're right of course he is obviously beyond reasonable discussion perhaps I ought to leave it and just be thankful he's not British (unlike me!) :-D
Instead of lying, use your intellect to understand , stop imagining things I did not say at all. All, I said is the most common pigmentation among ethnic Brits is a fair skin, brown hair and usually blue or green eyes, sharp facial profile. if you don't have those characteristics and you are British that doesn't make you any less British. It is just that you don't have those most common characteristics, that's all! Nothing to cry about. British people don't only live in Britain, they have settled in many parts of the world. A history class may come handy to you. I post pictures to emphasize my points, if you don't look like the people I post, it's O.K. move on!!!
I never said that I was British. I am an American with my paternal ancestry principally from the British Isles (precisely England) and my maternal ancestry from the Netherlands (precisely Gelderland province). I say that I have Saxon ancestry on both sides, my English side ( Anglo-Saxons) and my Dutch side (Continental Saxons).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2015, 08:59 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,369,707 times
The fact that this thread still exists is proof that God exists and he hates us.

Old 08-30-2015, 09:25 PM

Genetical studies shows that the Northern Dutch to be consistently bluer and lighter-eyed than Southern Dutch, though the difference in hair color between those regions is not that great. Northern Netherlands is about as blue/light-eyed as the U.K., but the Southern Netherlands is less blue-eyed than U.K.
Nevertheless, in both countries, the commonest eye color is blue.

Like this ethnic Dutch athlete
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/a...x.jpg~original

Infantile blondism is high in northern parts of the Netherlands which makes dark blonde and light brown hair common among ethnic Dutch adults.

Dutch children.
http://www.worldharmonyrun.org/image...a/0519a_37.jpg

An adult Dutch (Obviuously as people grow older, the darker they become.)

http://www.lmeijer.nl/files/photos/5...e/HPIM2595.JPG

Old 08-30-2015, 09:34 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
How many times has saxonwold posted the same crap? Unless you're a professional anthropologist, you have a serious case of OCD when it comes to northern European anthropomorphic studies.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How many times has saxonwold posted the same crap? Unless you're a professional anthropologist, you have a serious case of OCD when it comes to northern European anthropomorphic studies.
Yes, I studied biological anthropology. I don't have an OCD problem, rather I know what I am talking about.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
No you cannot, you can only make assumptions and then believe you are right, there are a multitude of 'looks' for Europeans, I myself have been mistaken for Croatian (I married a Croatian), an Italian, a Frenchman, a Belgian, a Scotsman and a Spaniard - by nationals of all of those countries (apart from Italian, my Croatian ex wife assumed I was Italian when she met me and even started asking me questions in Italian). The point is despite what (some) people on here think there is NO difference in the European look depending on which country Europeans reside from (more dark hair in Southern Europe yes, more blond in Scandinavia yes but NO WHERE near exclusive in either area), ask yourself this - who 'looks' more Scottish when it comes to stereotypes Golfer Miguel Angel Jimenez from Andalucia or actor Sean Connery from Edinburgh?
Yes, there is a difference unfortunately! The more you go north, the greater the chance of meeting people of light pigmentation.

This woman below is of North-West European ancestry. Her pigmentation and her features show it well. Her country is the Netherlands, where my maternal ancestors came from!

This man is from North West Europe mainly the British Isles. The pigmentation and facial features show it right away. He's From Ireland.

A German woman.

Old 09-25-2015, 08:25 PM

Spanish female hockey players with one Argentinian female hockey player (in blue and white).

Old 09-26-2015, 10:29 AM

338 posts, read 335,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
The fact that this thread still exists is proof that God exists and he hates us.
'
Better proof is how people like that "uncle ruckus" guy (you know who I refer to) are even allowed to breathe despite his waste of existence and sheer halfwittery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe