Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 11:17 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times

Advertisements

I was right AGAIN.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 07:28 PM

4,680 posts, read 13,421,332 times
It's true that, it isn't always easy to tell the difference between Europeans. They are actually similar, but generalizations are light complexions are more evident among those from the north than those of the south. There are now ratios, people with pure blonde (light blonde) hair are commonest in Scandinavia, while those with red hair (like mine) are commonest in the British Isles, those with pure black hair are commonest in the Mediterranean countries. However individually, Europeans may have any hair color.

These girls are without doubt from the British Isles!

Old 07-24-2015, 07:41 PM

Which ethnic group do these Europeans hail from?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Last edited by saxonwold; 07-24-2015 at 08:36 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxonwold View Post
Which ethnic group does these Europeans hail from?
Picture #1. They look somewhat like Hutterites I'm guessing they originate somewhere north the alps I'll guess Swiss.

Old 07-25-2015, 12:26 AM

861 posts, read 851,907 times
European peoples do have different features like all populations. Before I lived in Sweden I used to think Scandinavians all looked largely the same. Now I can tell the difference between Say a Swede, Norwegian, Finn and a Dane. Even an Icelandic people can look very different again from other Scandinavians which is due to their Irish blood I reckon (they tend to get these raven black hair colours with piercing blue eyes that isn't so common amongst the other scandi populations.

Baltic populations like Estonians, Latvians and Lithiuanians can all look different again with a specific look. Slavic populations too can be quite easy to spot.

Lastly I usually can spot a Brit or Irishman from a mile off. More interestingly I can even tell when I meet a mixed heritage european person what the mix is. A kid who is portuguese and nigerian looks very different to a child that is English and Caribbean. The English ones are usually fairer and in the case of Scandinavian and Caribbean they are the lightest of all, often tall with hair that can even be blonde or brown with loose curls not even afro.

That being said there are always folks who dont look like the stereotype of their population. I have meet blonde Italians with blue eyes, who are found on the north of Italy apparently

Old 07-25-2015, 04:26 AM

4,491 posts, read 6,341,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Picture #1. They look somewhat like Hutterites I'm guessing they originate somewhere north the alps I'll guess Swiss.
Left to right: German, German, Austrian

All of them are actors ("Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter")

Old 07-25-2015, 04:43 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,792,350 times
Good series.

Old 07-25-2015, 05:46 AM

7,668 posts, read 5,257,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
European peoples do have different features like all populations. Before I lived in Sweden I used to think Scandinavians all looked largely the same. Now I can tell the difference between Say a Swede, Norwegian, Finn and a Dane. Even an Icelandic people can look very different again from other Scandinavians which is due to their Irish blood I reckon (they tend to get these raven black hair colours with piercing blue eyes that isn't so common amongst the other scandi populations.

Baltic populations like Estonians, Latvians and Lithiuanians can all look different again with a specific look. Slavic populations too can be quite easy to spot.

Lastly I usually can spot a Brit or Irishman from a mile off. More interestingly I can even tell when I meet a mixed heritage european person what the mix is. A kid who is portuguese and nigerian looks very different to a child that is English and Caribbean. The English ones are usually fairer and in the case of Scandinavian and Caribbean they are the lightest of all, often tall with hair that can even be blonde or brown with loose curls not even afro.

That being said there are always folks who dont look like the stereotype of their population. I have meet blonde Italians with blue eyes, who are found on the north of Italy apparently
I agree.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Left to right: German, German, Austrian

All of them are actors ("Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter")
Correct, for picture 1.

Old 07-25-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Close, but I see what you mean. They look Central European.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe