Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 12:03 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I'm disgusted by Turkey, literally disgusted.
Why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Meanwhile I haven't heard a peep from the UN or media criticizing the rich Arab gulf states for doing absolutely nothing about the situation. The only argument I hear is that they need to keep jobs for the native gulf Arabs. And what, Europe doesn't? Why do the gulf states get to be exempt?

Migrant crisis: Why Syrians do not flee to Gulf states - BBC News
Gulf states never get criticized for anything, and at the minimum any criticism is not very open and promoted. However, an EU country opposes some immigrant quota or builds a wall, the criticism comes blasting. Media to blame also. I have heard more about Hungary's attempts at stemming this invasion over the last few days than anything ever about the Gulf states' reaction to the problem.

It is always like this though; Saudi Arabia sends troops into Bahrain to crush protesters, not a word from anyone, had it been anyone else, the criticism would have been blasted everywhere.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashes1 View Post
The fact other Muslim countries won't take this people speaks volumes.....actually it SCREAMS volumes. Europe is blinded by their liberalism.
It is not that other Muslim countries will not take them, these "refugees" are not even attempting to go to other Muslim countries. This shows these "refugees" fleeing has nothing to do with seeking safety, it is all about getting the freebies. That is why they are aiming for specific countries to get to.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:23 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
I'm disgusted by Turkey, literally disgusted.
Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, they're all taking in a ton of refugees. Richer, more well-equipped countries in the region, however, are taking none in. They can build the world's tallest skyscraper, and other luxury buildings that sit half-empty, but can't be bothered with humanitarian concerns.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,218,125 times
More articles about the Gulf State's lack of charity. Then again, it's hard to blame them. As they've no doubt seen in Europe, what starts as a trickle soon becomes a tsunami. It won't just be Syrians but people from 10-15 countries just as in Europe. It will be the same stories, just people drowning in the Red Sea or Persian Gulf instead of the Mediterranean. But they shouldn't be completely exempt while Europe bears the brunt. I do also think the US should take more. Of the true, legitimate refugees.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/syria-crisi...fugees-1518310

Syrian refugees and the Gulf states' lack of charity

Old 09-03-2015, 01:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Many Syrians "fleeing" their country are not Muslims, but Christians.

And yes, I have seen those people in reports as well. Many of them look anything but poor and suffering, some even bulky and aggressive. I wish there were more women and fewer men among them, especially fewer men under the age of, say, 40.

I think there are a lot of people who are simply jumping on that whole refuge bandwagon. I mean, the war in Syria as well as poverty and terror in Muslim countries have been going on for years now, why would there be such a migration peak all of a sudden...

Old 09-03-2015, 01:31 PM

491 posts, read 1,652,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksalot View Post
At the rate the refugees are entering Europe the who region will be destabilized within a decade. Europe as me know it is over.
This! Yes, Europe as we know it.... is over
The European culture is in jeopardy, these people want a European caliphate.
In one summer, potentially over 800,000 people could be dumped into Germany, and it's still happening, and it may well be over 1,000,000 people invading Germany. This is horrible for the Germans.
This is not a refugee problem but a immigration problem. It's lawlessness and outright anarchy!
These people found the formula without guns and ammonitions to take over a continent, not just a country. This will continue, little by little waves and waves of people will come from the Middle East and Northern Africa. The European leaders along with the US have no balls in saying enough is enough. The same thing is happening in the US/Mexican border.
This is what a borderless continent will give you ...... chaos. It's nice when it's all rosy but uttter chaos in times of immigration crisis. Hungary is the only one enforcing rule of law as of now.

Islamic extremists want to transformed Europe into "Eurorabia", a term first used in the mid 70's by a French publication. The European leaders are ignoring it.

Although the United Kingdom has its own problem, they must be breahting a sigh of relief for the mean time, that they did not participate in the Schengen Agreement.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:39 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Yes, Schengen was a stupid idea. And this crisis might as well mean its end, which would be a good thing for a change.

I read that a lot of immigrants living in the UK are already applying for British citizenship now because of the planned referendum on EU membership there.

Old 09-03-2015, 03:16 PM

7,501 posts, read 6,294,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
What seems to be lost on so many people is that the more Europe awards people who smuggle themselves to Europe, the more people will smuggle themselves to Europe. What happened to this boy is horrible, but Europe's policies and complacence are to blame for this. There will only be more and more migrants drowning and shops sinking in the coming years.
That's why there is a serious need to fix the situation now, and I don't think closing all borders is a good one, because refugees and migrants will keep coming, because they always hope for a better life than the one they left behind. Moreover, there will always be people making money out of migrants, I'm speaking of the illegal traffic. If everything was controlled by Europe, if all the countries decided together of a number of refugees to be dispatched all over the European Community to divide the costs and avoid possible social issues, the situation would be vastly improved. If we continue to watch without doing anything, it will always get worse.

Also, I believe countries like Lebanon have already welcomed an enormous syrian population, too much for them to handle. How long until Lebanon and nearby countries start to have more problems ? Europe should not leave them alone.

France welcomed Armenians who had escaped from the genocide. Their descendents are now part of the French community. Singer Charles Aznavour and F1 driver Alain Prost are both of Armenian ancestry.

Old 09-03-2015, 05:24 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
A very small minority of Muslims 'commit' terrorism, but vast numbers of Muslims 'support' acts of terror in the name of Islam.

Muslim Opinion Polls - Challenging the 'Tiny Minority of Extremists' Myth
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe