Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2015, 04:13 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
My family is from Syria and I can attest that most of the place was a dump before the war broke out. Its what happens when you chase all of the smart educated people out of your country. In Syria's case it was the Christians and the Jews. Whom the local muslims drove out of the country with violence and persecution. Now my family happily live in America where we work as architects, police officers doctors, and pharmacists. Syria's loss was America's gain.

For those wondering why the Middle East is a violent trash heap, I have one answer for you.

Islam.
I am from Pakistan, and I second your message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2015, 04:36 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgotten username View Post
Right, argumentation on this board is reaching new levels of wtf-ness.

Seriously guys, islam = nazis ? Stop using so much your brain, i can't keep up with this debate, you have been crashing into the twin towers of common sense for too many pages already.
Funny you banging on about common sense yet you didn't understand the simple point being made. I was not saying that Islam = Nazism. I was making the point that just because an ideology has a few "nice" members does not mean the ideology itself is a "nice thing". Oskar Schindler was a member of the Nazi party and an overall nice guy. Him being "nice" does not absolve the fact that the Nazi ideology was evil. Islam is the same way. I know "nice" Muslims. That doesn't change the fact that Islam is a backward, homophobic, sexist, and violent ideology.

Old 09-04-2015, 04:45 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
My family is from Syria and I can attest that most of the place was a dump before the war broke out. Its what happens when you chase all of the smart educated people out of your country. In Syria's case it was the Christians and the Jews. Whom the local muslims drove out of the country with violence and persecution. Now my family happily live in America where we work as architects, police officers doctors, and pharmacists. Syria's loss was America's gain.

For those wondering why the Middle East is a violent trash heap, I have one answer for you.

Islam.
There are plenty of "dumpsters" in the world, that are not necessarily of Muslim faith.
The question is, how capable are Syrians in math and science for example? How many of them go into this field, while free from the oppression back home?
If not too many, then removal of Islam wouldn't drastically help. You don't think that the whole world can live on the same material level as few "chosen" countries in this world, do you?

Last edited by erasure; 09-04-2015 at 04:56 PM..

Old 09-04-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
The oil rich Arab countries (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain) are not helping the Muslim refugees. They are smartly dumping the refugees on the Infidel West.

When will the world hold these oil rich Arab countries accountable?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rias-refugees/

Let me make a wild guess, why they pretend that it's problem of the West now - the plight of Syrians and they are not going to spend a dime on refugees.
We'd have to start with simple question, regarding this statement in the Washington Post;

"To varying degrees, elements within Saudi Arabia, Qatar, the U.A.E. and Kuwait have invested in the Syrian conflict, playing a conspicuous role in funding and arming a constellation of rebel and Islamist factions fighting the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad."
Read: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rias-refugees/

So, why were these countries doing it, with what purpose in mind exactly?
We'll go from there.))))

Last edited by Rozenn; 09-08-2015 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: Copyright

Old 09-04-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
There are plenty of "dumpsters" in the world, that are not necessarily of Muslim faith.
The question is, how capable are Syrians in math and science for example? How many of them go into this field, while free from the oppression back home?
If not too many, then removal of Islam wouldn't drastically help. You don't think that the whole world can live on the same material level as few "chosen" countries in this world, do you?
True, except in Syria's case it is because of Islam.

Syrians do quite well in math and science when they are in brought up and living in Western nations. Its not about having lots of materials available its about education and mindset. Look at Israel. Small nation in the same region except it has a much better standard of living. Has contributed far more to science and culture then the Gulf nations who have lots of money at their disposal.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:44 PM

Quote:
True, except in Syria's case it is because of Islam.

Syrians do quite well in math and science when they are in brought up and living in Western nations. Its not about having lots of materials available its about education and mindset. Look at Israel. Small nation in the same region except it has a much better standard of living. Has contributed far more to science and culture then the Gulf nations who have lots of money at their disposal.
But Israel - that's Jews, not Arabs.
Aren't Syrians Arabs?
I don't know all the difference in that region, and how, say Syrian Arabs are different from Gulf States Arabs.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Aren't Syrians Arabs?
I don't know all the difference in that region, and how, say Syrian Arabs are different from Gulf States Arabs.
Many people from Syria are NOT Arabs. Such as Assyrians and Arameans, Kurds, Jews, Armenians, and Circassians.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:03 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Aren't Syrians Arabs?
No Syrians are Levantines Arabs are from the Arabian peninsula or are the diaspora of inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Many people from Syria are NOT Arabs. Such as Assyrians and Arameans, Kurds, Jews, Armenians, and Circassians.
Gotcha.

Old 09-04-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
No Syrians are Levantines Arabs are from the Arabian peninsula or are the diaspora of inhabitants of the Arabian peninsula.
Thanks. I sensed that there was something different about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe