Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2015, 09:12 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
We need to keep them out of the UK, we need stricter border control and we should have a system similar to the US.

When I finished university I couldn't find a full-time job, had no money but I couldn't get any benefits and had to move back in with my parents as I was still technically a student, even though I had finished my studies.

Other people come from other countries and can get all sorts of hand-outs and things.

They are called ILLEGAL immigrants for a reason, they are not LEGAL. Keep them out, only add people who can contribute to our society and allow a LIMITED number of other immigrants.
Spot on mate if we were like the U.S. Or Australia 20 years ago...... My cockney accent wouldn't be on the verge of extinction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2015, 09:37 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,577,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Just saw yet another report on it. And I was wondering why there are so many men among those refugees. Given there has been a civil war for years now, one might expect most migrants to be women with children...
It's about 50-50 male-female.

http://data.unhcr.org/syrianrefugees/regional.php

1. Many families have been in refugee camps for years.

2. It's a difficult trek across land where one wouldn't expect just women and children to venture out.

3. There are probably fewer civilian casualties than alleged in spite of a long civil war.

4. ISIS propaganda about their alleged atrocities and Muslim extremism isn't only targeted at the West. They use it to cause the civilian population to flee without putting up a defense.

Old 09-12-2015, 11:53 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
No, it isn't. It's overwhelmingly young males, not women or children.

And why are you posting a link to "Syrian refugees"? Those refugees only comprise about 20% of the migrants to Europe.

Syria itself is not the primary issue; it's Germany destroying European unity by welcoming everyone to Germany, thus encouraging millions of economic migrants, the vast majority of which aren't from war-torn lands.

Old 09-12-2015, 01:53 PM

256 posts, read 452,692 times
It's always funny to hear European nations that have grown rich off the exploitation of Africa and the Middle East complain about these foreigners "invading" their lands when a large part of the reason these people have left is due to the history of European meddling in their affairs.

Old 09-12-2015, 02:02 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Spot on mate if we were like the U.S. Or Australia 20 years ago...... My cockney accent wouldn't be on the verge of extinction
LOL here in the US a lot of us want much tighter border control than what we already have. Work visas for migrants are fine, but we shouldn't be encouraging people to risk their lives and their families to try to get here.

Not to mention the diseases that come through and the gangs that infiltrate the border like MS13.

Not sure if Europe covered it or not but a few months ago a 32 yr woman was shot in the head in on a tourists pier by a Mexican Illegal while she was with her dad. The Illegal had been arrested over 5 times and deported yet still found his way back in the US. San Francisco with its super liberal immigration policies allowed this to happen. The illegal was allowed to stay in San Fran without the feds tracking this guy and deporting him. I hope he gets the death penalty.

These Illegals coming to Europe, nobody knows their background or what they're capable of. Odds are they are poorly educated and can't contribute to society or find a good job, they will be poor and disillusioned with Europe. An ISIS recruiter will find them and radicalize them. They then go back to Syria or commit an attack in Europe. All it takes is 1.

Old 09-12-2015, 03:56 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post
It's always funny to hear European nations that have grown rich off the exploitation of Africa and the Middle East complain about these foreigners "invading" their lands when a large part of the reason these people have left is due to the history of European meddling in their affairs.
is that some sort of bad joke ?

the root cause of this refuge crisis was the american invasion of iraq in 2003 , this caused a huge inflow of refuges into syria in the following years which in turn led to the syrian civil war and the rise of ISIS

Old 09-12-2015, 04:08 PM

77 posts, read 100,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
is that some sort of bad joke ?

the root cause of this refuge crisis was the american invasion of iraq in 2003 , this caused a huge inflow of refuges into syria in the following years which in turn led to the syrian civil war and the rise of ISIS
You are right in a way, that the Americans and the British are responsible with their invasions. Even more so the British are the biggest culprit who created Iraq and Israel and pissed off the Arabs in the first place as they created a global empire! Because of that it would be very nice to Britain is morally obligated to take the most refugees but it is Germany who has stepped up.

Old 09-12-2015, 04:11 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
You are right in a way, that the Americans and the British are responsible with their invasions. Even more so the British are the biggest culprit who created Iraq and Israel and pissed off the Arabs in the first place as they created a global empire! Because of that it would be very nice to Britain is morally obligated to take the most refugees but it is Germany who has stepped up.
lets not drift into broader questions about what britain did nearly a century ago , this specific issue ( syrian refuge crisis ) was caused by the u.s led invasion of iraq

Old 09-12-2015, 04:17 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,577,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakerfreak View Post

European countries have grown rich off the exploitation of Africa, but I can't hear you about the United States bringing down some Middle East countries that used to be the most secular among muslim states?

Most European countries are easily manageable by the United States so we as Europeans are jointly responsibles in some ways, but there are something I would like to ask:

What about Obama blaming the Prime Minister of Syria and trusting the ISIS rebels at the beginning of Syrian civil war?
Why the ISIS has lot of weapons as if they were the army of an European country?
Where do they get so much modern firearms?
What about the United States firing Libya in order to bring the entire country to islamic fundamentalist and to steal Libya's oil as well?

We have had enough **** with the invasion of Iraq in 2003 for nuclear weapons that can't be found anymore, so what?

Old 09-12-2015, 04:26 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
LOL here in the US a lot of us want much tighter border control than what we already have. Work visas for migrants are fine, but we shouldn't be encouraging people to risk their lives and their families to try to get here.

Not to mention the diseases that come through and the gangs that infiltrate the border like MS13.

Not sure if Europe covered it or not but a few months ago a 32 yr woman was shot in the head in on a tourists pier by a Mexican Illegal while she was with her dad. The Illegal had been arrested over 5 times and deported yet still found his way back in the US. San Francisco with its super liberal immigration policies allowed this to happen. The illegal was allowed to stay in San Fran without the feds tracking this guy and deporting him. I hope he gets the death penalty.

These Illegals coming to Europe, nobody knows their background or what they're capable of. Odds are they are poorly educated and can't contribute to society or find a good job, they will be poor and disillusioned with Europe. An ISIS recruiter will find them and radicalize them. They then go back to Syria or commit an attack in Europe. All it takes is 1.
Well yes I'm actually waiting to get the go ahead for a job in Texas myself now I've not applied for the visa as my new employer should hopefully sort all that out for me ( but is as a scaffolder and not say Dr or lawyer I'm slightly worried )

When we opened up the flood gates to the UK for all of Eastern Europeans to come over we also got a different level of criminal trust me the old school British criminals like the Krays wouldn't be half as feared with the Russians and Albanians about lawless they are and respect nothing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe