Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 01:02 PM

3,573 posts, read 3,803,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaskwhy View Post
The Alps are nice, but they are built up and overrated. If they were located anywhere but right smack in the middle of Europe, nobody would ever talk about them. Just look at the Causasus Mountains, they are only about 2000 km from the Alps, they are more dramatic, more wild, less built up and bigger, yet WAY more people talk about the Alps.
mkay. peaks reaching up to 4800m would have gone unnoticed. by that, you mean that the contiguous u.s doesn't any have impressive mountain peaks? i don't think dramatic = untamed wilderness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2015, 04:00 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
How on earth is that anything like the Norwegian Fjords?
It was the Bay of Kotor (Montenegro) that looks like a Norwegian fjord.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:57 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Very nice! Please don't forget to come back to this thread when you return and tell me how awesome it was! Post pics if you can.
Try and make that priority number one upon your return.
I will try to post an update after our cruise, with a few pictures! Someday, I may also be able to visit Romania and add some insight on that country as well.

In the end, the best answer to this thread is to go and see for yourselves. Enjoy the culture, history and personally experience the sheer scenic beauty of the European countryside.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:21 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
I love the Alps and Bavaria.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 02-07-2020 at 07:16 AM..

Old 09-01-2015, 07:10 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,338,537 times
Quote:
The Alps are nice, but they are built up and overrated. If they were located anywhere but right smack in the middle of Europe, nobody would ever talk about them. Just look at the Causasus Mountains, they are only about 2000 km from the Alps, they are more dramatic, more wild, less built up and bigger, yet WAY more people talk about the Alps.
LOL!

The Alps are probably the most gorgeous mountain scenery on the planet. They are so much more vertical than most mountain ranges.

There is nowhere on earth that compares to Lauterbrunnen Valley. Nowhere.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:21 AM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I love the Alps and Bavaria.
To me,this is breath-taking!!
Wow, just sheer beauty all around.

Where exactly is this?

Old 09-02-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:

Where exactly is this?
These are the Alps right on the border of Germany and Austria. Berchtesgaden and that area.

Anyone who thinks those views are overrated or bland must be out of their freaking minds! And the air - oh my gosh, it is so crisp and cool.

However, that was in June. The Alps above Berchtesgaden are often inaccessible from about December till May.

The last picture is from Neuschwanstein Castle near Garmisch/Partenkirchen. Also the German Alps.

I love that area. I can't imagine being bored or unstimulated or uninspired by the natural beauty of the area. Throw in the charming towns and villages and the boisterous lifestyle and personality of so many Bavarians and you've got one heck of a vacation!

Old 09-02-2015, 03:17 PM

570 posts, read 604,894 times
There are snapshots breathtaking landscapes photo snapshots.The one that impressed me most

was the Iguazu falls in South America.

There is breathaking scenary more and artistic and cultural environment a wonderful romantic view

The view of the Alhambra and Sierra Nevada and Generalife behind from the viewpoint o San Nicolas
(now some call President Clinton ja ja.Because from there I saw the most beautiful sunset of his life).-

Old 09-02-2015, 06:51 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

Where exactly is this?
This is the alpine region. There are views like that in Slovenia, as well. When I was in the Berchstesgaden area the first time, that's what it looked like. Years later, industrial air pollution had hidden the spectacular view (on a clear day, you can see into Austria). Just a heads-up. Across the Austrian border is Salzburg, which is also very scenic. Take the tour of the salt mines, for something unusual.

Old 09-02-2015, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This is the alpine region. There are views like that in Slovenia, as well. When I was in the Berchstesgaden area the first time, that's what it looked like. Years later, industrial air pollution had hidden the spectacular view (on a clear day, you can see into Austria). Just a heads-up. Across the Austrian border is Salzburg, which is also very scenic. Take the tour of the salt mines, for something unusual.

These photos are from just about three years ago.

Salzburg is fabulous! And yes, so are the salt mines. GOOD TIMES GOOD TIMES. We want to go back. Maybe in a few years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe