Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Europe open it's doors to all real refugees who face danger?
YES, we owe it to them as fellow human beings 10 23.26%
NO 33 76.74%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 12:27 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,260,497 times

Advertisements

Trick question, I voted yes because the title of the poll is "Should Europe open it's doors to all real refugees who face danger?". For the few REAL refugees that rightfully FEAR for their lives cos they face torture and death, I say yes, we owe it to them as human beings.

However, as stated in the OP as people flee to Europe to get free hand outs I definitely say NO. I don't accept millions of economical refugees coming here just for the profit. Let them try and build up their own countries for once instead of putting the weight on our shoulders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM
AFP

7,408 posts, read 6,902,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
Trick question, I voted yes because the title of the poll is "Should Europe open it's doors to all real refugees who face danger?". For the few REAL refugees that rightfully FEAR for their lives cos they face torture and death, I say yes, we owe it to them as human beings.

However, as stated in the OP as people flee to Europe to get free hand outs I definitely say NO. I don't accept millions of economical refugees coming here just for the profit. Let them try and build up their own countries for once instead of putting the weight on our shoulders.

The Yazidi's would qualify under that category but they would not integrate culturally honour killigs are an accepted practice for violating the exogamy taboo. But it already looks like a large percentage of them live in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi

Old 09-03-2015, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
The Yazidi's would qualify under that category but they would not integrate culturally honour killigs are an accepted practice for violating the exogamy taboo. But it already looks like a large percentage of them live in Germany.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yazidi
Yes, of course they'd have to integrate and that's gonna be a problem in lots of cases. Honor killings are a big problem in Holland too. In 2013 we had 20 honor killings and in total 500 reports of "honor" related violence.

But still.... I lived in a students house early 90's with a Kurdish guy that was imprisoned and tortured for being a Kurd, and managed to escape and fled to Europe. His whole body was covered in scars from the torture. He was a very nice guy, peaceful, well educated and integrated very good. I have no problem giving that kind of people a 2nd chance. Other than that, no. I think most are not like that.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:35 PM

77 posts, read 100,005 times
We should bring in many more Islamic immigrants. They provide many benefits including a diversified population and a young capable workforce. The racist love to focus on a small fringe of unsuccessful cases but in my experience we should do more to make sure they feel at home. The real cause of terror attacks is anti-muslim racism. Thankfully we have chosen to continue to enrich our societies and I believe this is a good thing.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
We should bring in many more Islamic immigrants. They provide many benefits including a diversified population and a young capable workforce. The racist love to focus on a small fringe of unsuccessful cases but in my experience we should do more to make sure they feel at home. The real cause of terror attacks is anti-muslim racism. Thankfully we have chosen to continue to enrich our societies and I believe this is a good thing.
I wouldn't call it a small fringe of unsuccessful cases lol

Old 09-03-2015, 02:01 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
Saudi Arabia funds much of the radical Sunni extremists. Let them take in the fruits of their investments.
Neither Arabia nor the Gulf emirates want to take the refugees in, and they have made that clear by not relaxing their extremely difficult entry requirements. These are high rolling countries, and when the chips are down the chips win, and their core beliefs take a hit and needy Muslims can literally take a hike elsewhere.

Their attitude and inaction is a flagrant violation of one of the Five Pillars of Islam, Zakat, or the obligation to give to those in need. Thus far no iman seems to have made any public statement condemning the leaders of these fabulously wealthy Islamic countries for failing to help their fellow Muslims in a time of catastrophe. It gives me the impression while cartooning Mohammed is considered a grievous offense against the religion he founded, that dumping core tenets of Islam in the garbage when it is convenient and profitable is somehow not an offense to him.

It speaks as poorly of their leadership and their religious faith as the merciless behavior of Europe's Christian monarchs during centuries of slaughter that followed the Reformation. When push comes to shove it seems that religions have a knack for giving themselves a big black eye at the cost of many thousands of lives.

Last edited by kevxu; 09-03-2015 at 02:12 PM..

Old 09-03-2015, 02:06 PM

13,496 posts, read 18,198,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cattledog69 View Post
...But still.... I lived in a students house early 90's with a Kurdish guy that was imprisoned and tortured for being a Kurd, and managed to escape and fled to Europe. His whole body was covered in scars from the torture. He was a very nice guy, peaceful, well educated and integrated very good. I have no problem giving that kind of people a 2nd chance. Other than that, no. I think most are not like that.
Kurdish Muslims are not Arab Muslims, and it may be that the distinctive culture and history of the Kurds has made them atypical of Middle Eastern Muslims. I have met Kurds as well, and found them lacking in the chip-on-the-shoulder attitude that I have encountered among other Middle Easterners.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:09 PM

Location: Segovia, central Spain, 1230 m asl, Csb Mediterranean with strong continental influence, 40º43 N
3,094 posts, read 3,577,431 times
We can't accept all of them, but the few ones who really have been running to get free themselves from real danger.
Anyway, what about non-European rich countries helping us by accepting some of those guys?

Old 09-03-2015, 02:30 PM

10,270 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmann View Post
I hope this post is a joke. Yeah, ISIS is a real improvement over Western Europe's cultural contributions throughout history.

Old 09-04-2015, 03:06 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,289 times
Muslims should not be allowed in Europe. With the exception of Kurds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe