Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Europe open it's doors to all real refugees who face danger?
YES, we owe it to them as fellow human beings 10 23.26%
NO 33 76.74%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2015, 03:59 PM

80 posts, read 75,041 times

Advertisements

Kumbaya my lord, kumabaya

we're europeans, unicorns, peace, rainbows, butterflies and love!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2015, 04:47 PM

9,537 posts, read 16,527,663 times
The European countries should only take in, as many as they can comfortably accommodate. I think it is very unfair when a country takes in thousands upon thousands, at the expense of its own citizens. Remember it is the taxes citizens pay that funds all this relief aid.

I think the world does need to help, but again not to the point of being completely overburdened. Use the USA for an example. This country has taken in refugees for decades. It accelerated when the Vietnam War ended. Since that war ended it has been one war torn or civil unrest country for decades, These countries have sent their people here and the USA has allowed it to happen. If its not them, its all the illegals from Mexico and Central America. This country now is a prime example of a country, that has become overwhelmed by this problem.

I can only hope that Germany and whatever other countries in Europe take these people in. That it will be done in a proper way and not the unfair way, it has been handled thru the years in the USA.

Old 09-05-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
The European countries should only take in, as many as they can comfortably accommodate. I think it is very unfair when a country takes in thousands upon thousands, at the expense of its own citizens. Remember it is the taxes citizens pay that funds all this relief aid.

I think the world does need to help, but again not to the point of being completely overburdened. Use the USA for an example. This country has taken in refugees for decades. It accelerated when the Vietnam War ended. Since that war ended it has been one war torn or civil unrest country for decades, These countries have sent their people here and the USA has allowed it to happen. If its not them, its all the illegals from Mexico and Central America. This country now is a prime example of a country, that has become overwhelmed by this problem.

I can only hope that Germany and whatever other countries in Europe take these people in. That it will be done in a proper way and not the unfair way, it has been handled thru the years in the USA.
BS

The US benefitted TREMENDOUSLY from exploiting low skilled Mexican migrants for DECADES!!!

Some Americans whine about Mexicans taking all these benefits and blah blah blah but what benefits? The US barely has any social benefits for its citizens, much less is gonna have any for its illegal migrants!

Germany on the other hand... stupid decision!! 800,000 muslims in one year (good luck absorbing them and providing for them idiotic germans!)

but America and the mexicans is another story, that is a story of come work your butt off for nothing in our fields and do the jobs we don't want for little money!

You can't even compare the cultural differences between a mexican and an american from the states they used to migrate to (texas, new mexico, arizona), versus a german and a muslim!

it;s like comparing two planets on one hand, and on the other a planet and a sun.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
England allowed a certain element into the country that brought their own problems/customs along with them.

France allowed certain people into the country who brought along their own problems/customs.

Spain allowed certain people into the country who brought along their own problems/customs.

Germany/Austria are allowing certain people into the country who will bring their own problems/customs.

Now the US is starting to allow a certain element into the country and we are starting to have problems.

Does anyone see a connection in my above analysis?

I saw the connection developing years ago, and now this worldwide massive problem has hit the fan.

Things are falling apart and the destruction of our societies has accelerated. Most definitely when countries allow so many in with such massive problems. Then these people do bring their problems with them. It is a massive drain on their new host country. Resentment wills begin between the natives to that country and the new immigrants. It goes on in America and has only accelerated. It is why Donald Trump is making huge gains in popularity. Many Americans are fed up with Washington for allowing the immigrant mess.

If we do not get all our issues under control and very fast. My prediction is WWIII is right around the corner. I'm surprised all out war hasn't broke out. As a number of the countries in the Middle East self destruct, and cause the massive friction in the world community.

All these thousands of refugees risking their life to get to Europe, is a development I think the entire world had better take very seriously. That type of mass exodus could develop in one country after the other.

The Middle East is a tinder box that seems ready to explode.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
BS

The US benefitted TREMENDOUSLY from exploiting low skilled Mexican migrants for DECADES!!!

Some Americans whine about Mexicans taking all these benefits and blah blah blah but what benefits? The US barely has any social benefits for its citizens, much less is gonna have any for its illegal migrants!

Germany on the other hand... stupid decision!! 800,000 muslims in one year (good luck absorbing them and providing for them idiotic germans!)

but America and the mexicans is another story, that is a story of come work your butt off for nothing in our fields and do the jobs we don't want for little money!

You can't even compare the cultural differences between a mexican and an american from the states they used to migrate to (texas, new mexico, arizona), versus a german and a muslim!

it;s like comparing two planets on one hand, and on the other a planet and a sun.

Many of these migrants you speak of in the states, are basically glorified slaves for America. I think its a disgrace these people are used in this manner. However I'm sorry I do not believe there are not Americans, that will not do some of these jobs. I have done some of them as part time jobs. That is when Americans were hired to do them, before the waves of low paid immigrants arrived. Such as office cleaning at night when office workers went home. Picking and boxing apples during harvest times in New England. Landscaping work, Yard Work, Fast Food Restaurants. A number of these jobs I did some years back for some extra cash. Now in most instances these jobs go to immigrants, especially cleaning and anything agricultural. It is not always that the American won't do them, they won't be hired because they would have to be paid at least minimum wage.

You most certainly correct. The USA doesn't have much in the benefits dept for its own.

I've lived in Germany in the 1970's. I distinctly remember many Germans not being very happy, about all the Turkish immigrants coming into the country. So I am wondering just how they will handle and fee,l about this latest wave of people coming in. I do hope it will all work out, time will tell.

Old 09-05-2015, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
Many of these migrants you speak of in the states, are basically glorified slaves for America. I think its a disgrace these people are used in this manner. However I'm sorry I do not believe there are not Americans, that will not do some of these jobs. I have done some of them as part time jobs. That is when Americans were hired to do them, before the waves of low paid immigrants arrived. Such as office cleaning at night when office workers went home. Picking and boxing apples during harvest times in New England. Landscaping work, Yard Work, Fast Food Restaurants. A number of these jobs I did some years back for some extra cash. Now in most instances these jobs go to immigrants, especially cleaning and anything agricultural. It is not always that the American won't do them, they won't be hired because they would have to be paid at least minimum wage.

You most certainly correct. The USA doesn't have much in the benefits dept for its own.

I've lived in Germany in the 1970's. I distinctly remember many Germans not being very happy, about all the Turkish immigrants coming into the country. So I am wondering just how they will handle and fee,l about this latest wave of people coming in. I do hope it will all work out, time will tell.
sure... lets see how well spoiled fat americans do picking lettuce in the hot texas summer for 5 dollars an hour!

Old 09-06-2015, 04:30 AM

667 posts, read 940,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dividend View Post
How many refugees should Europe accept from Islamic Countries at war? (A thousand, 100,000, A Million, Ten Million, 100 Million?)

How many Christian refuges has accepted Muslim world?
No one.
Therefore why Christian countries must accept Muslim ones?
In the best case Christian countries shall grant asylum only to persecuted Christians or other minorities, but not to Muslims who will never integrate in Christian societies, but hardly work on transformation them to retarded dictatorships governed by Sharia law.Almost 80 % of Muslims in Europa are welfare receivers and admire ISIS.

Old 09-06-2015, 05:33 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,040,657 times
Dagestan and Chechnya in Russia are 80-90% Islamic, why not go there? Only 20 hours by car from the Syrian-Turkish border (Euphrates area).

Old 09-06-2015, 01:43 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
I think some of the wealthier MIDDLE EASTERN COUNTRIES who are not at war should take some of these Arab Syrian refugees in. Besides being closer and easier to get to, the cultures are more similar.

Oh wait - they've already refused.

Quote:
As Amnesty International recently pointed out, the "six Gulf countries -- Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Oman and Bahrain -- have offered zero resettlement places to Syrian refugees." This claim was echoed by Kenneth Roth, executive director of Human Rights Watch
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rias-refugees/

Here's a current graph of the number of Syrian refugees taken in by various European countries:
https://d28wbuch0jlv7v.cloudfront.ne...ttlement_n.jpg

Old 09-06-2015, 01:43 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,220,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
Dagestan and Chechnya in Russia are 80-90% Islamic, why not go there? Only 20 hours by car from the Syrian-Turkish border (Euphrates area).
Because it's all about the $$$$ and Germany and Sweden throw the most $$$$ at them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe