Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 06:50 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
"Global domination" - that's about the US.
If Russia is using Eastern Europe as "buffer zone" - that's not "global domination"; you are getting all confused.
Actually, "global domination urges" is an understatement if we look at the Russian mythology postulating cosmic importance of Russia/Russian spirituality for the destiny of Universe (no kidding), one just need to browse the titles of the Russian books on Russian history, present and future to see the extent of mass delusions. I will translate a few titles, and give short descriptions.

[url=http://m.books.ru/books/razrushenie-russkogo-tsarstva-1815011/?show=1[/url]

Oleg Platonov."Destruction of the tsarist Russia". The fall of the tsarist Russia in 1917 was the most tragic event in the modern History. Tsarist Russia was a pillar of global Christian values keeping the scheming global Jewish bankers at bay....

http://m.books.ru/books/vozrozhdenie...810601/?show=1

V. Osipov. "Revival of the Russian ideology". Russia is a unique civilization called by providence to rebuild the world on the foundation of Orthodoxy, it is the only alternative to all consuming consumerist murderous monster of the Western Civilization. (Pure lunacy)

N. Starikov' lecture on the Russian predestination. http://nstarikov.ru/blog/50975]

Russia is a bastion against global evil. It is predestined to be among the most powerful nation on Earth, it cannot exist in any other form.

https://www.proza.ru/2011/06/27/1113

Here you can learn about super historic mission and super eschatology of the Russian predistination. (Eschatology is a part of theology concerned with the final events of history, or the ultimate destiny of humanity). No kidding. You guessed it right, Russian mission is to build a superpower capable of resisting the cosmic forces of the Occult represented by USA.

I could keep going and going with lunatic ravings that overflow Russia, the list is truly endless. You need to face the reality, comrade Erasure. Russia and Russian people are profoundly afflicted, the recovery, if any, will be long and painful.

Last edited by RememberMee; 09-07-2015 at 07:03 AM..

Old 09-07-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
So why then Americans are so preoccupied with Russia until now?
And please, don't spam this thread with your usual drivel that's off the subject - stick to the OP video that's discussed in this thread.
Please, watch American tv and count rare times when Russia is mentioned, even after it got officially crazed and homicidal. Then you watch Russian TV and get overwhelmed with the evils of America.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:02 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
Actually, "global domination urges" is an understatement if we look at the Russian mythology postulating cosmic importance of Russia/Russian spirituality for the destiny of Universe (no kidding), one just need to browse the titles of the Russian books on Russian history, present and future to see the extent of mass delusions. I will translate a few titles, and give short descriptions.

[url=http://m.books.ru/books/razrushenie-russkogo-tsarstva-1815011/?show=1[/url]

Oleg Platonov."Destruction of the tsarist Russia". The fall of the tsarist Russia in 1917 was the most tragic event in the modern History. Tsarist Russia was a pillar of global Chrustian values keeping the scheming global Jewish bankers at bay....

http://m.books.ru/books/vozrozhdenie...810601/?show=1

V. Osipov. "Revival of the Russian ideology". Russia is a unique civilization called by providence to rebuild the world on the foundation of Orthodoxy, it is the only alternative to all consuming consumerist murderous monster of the Western Civilization. (Pure lunacy)

N. Starikov' lecture on the Russian predestination. http://nstarikov.ru/blog/50975]

Russia is a bastion against global evil. It is predestined to be among the most powerful nation on Earth, it cannot exist in any other form.

https://www.proza.ru/2011/06/27/1113

Here you can learn about super historic mission and super eschatology of the Russian predistination. (Eschatology is a part of theology concerned with the final events of history, or the ultimate destiny of humanity). No kidding. You guessed it right, Russian mission is to build a superpower capable of resisting the cosmic forces of the Occult represented by USA.

I could keep going and going with lunatic ravings that overflow Russia, the list is truly endless. You need to face the reality, comrade Erasure. Russia and Russian people are profoundly afflicted, the recovery, if any, will be long and painful.
So, in other words, Russia has its own version of "Manifest destiny" with the only difference that, unlike the US, they have not destabilised the whole Middle East following a blind and crazy geopolitics?

Old 09-07-2015, 07:05 AM

1,600 posts, read 1,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Here's what I said:

To flesh this out - I wasn't only including modern history in this. I was also including the history of the Crusades. Most of Europe was involved in military actions against and into Muslim countries and territories for CENTURIES - and vice versa, which is why I mentioned Islam's attempts to colonize and control Europe for centuries as well. The legacy of both the Crusades and the Ottoman Empire can still be felt today.

I didn't mean to say that the other European countries had colonized or controlled Muslim territories for centuries - bad punctuation on my part. I meant to put a PERIOD rather than a COMMA after (...Indonesia).

(Though some countries that I didn't mention were very involved in the Crusades and in fighting against the Ottoman Empire for centuries.)

And I didn't say you were under any sort of moral obligation to take care of Muslim refugees, by the way.
Ah, I beg your pardon then.

Old 09-07-2015, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
So, in other words, Russia has its own version of "Manifest destiny" with the only difference that, unlike the US, they have not destabilised the whole Middle East following a blind and crazy geopolitics?
Sorry, that is more like Manifest of esoteric Lunacy. Russia lunacies are big, but Russian capabilities are small. If Russia had the means to pursue its esoteric lunacies, the alleged evils of USA would shrink to almost nothing.

Soviets/Russians did quite a bit of meddling in the Middle East, just look at the weapons those guys fight with. Without Soviet/Russian meddling there wouldnt be ME as we know it today.

I am amazed how easy "alternative", "democratic", "anti imperialist" crowds mourn the the ME "stability" delivered by murderous strong men and maniacs. Concentration camp type "stability" is fine with them.

Last edited by RememberMee; 09-07-2015 at 07:32 AM..

Old 09-07-2015, 07:35 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xander.XVII View Post
What? You think Russia hasn't created much of or added to the mess in the Middle East?

Russia was a major player in the Arab-Israeli conflict during the Cold War. Though Russia was initially supportive of the nation of Israel, believing that it would be a communist state, by 1967 Russia was back to it's original anti-Jewish propaganda. From 1985 til 1991, Russia suspended diplomatic relations with Israel altogether.

Russia has had very strong trade relations with Turkey and Iran for many years. Russia supported the revolutions in Tunisia and Egypt.

Russia is one of Syria's and Assad's most influential and important allies. Russia, along with China, has blocked UN Security Council resolutions condemning Assad's government. Russia has sold large amounts of arms to Assad's government and provided Syria with air defense systems.

Currently, twenty three percent of Russia's massive arms/weapons trade is to Near and Middle East countries and North Africa. During the Cold War, Russia supplied massive amounts of arms to various rogue regimes throughout the Middle East.

And let's not forget the Soviet-Afghan War, which went on for ten years - throughout the entire 1980s. The pro-Soviet entities instigated a coup in 1978. Hundreds of thousands of civilians were killed - probably over 1 million, and this unleashed a flood of refugees into various countries in the region. This long war also greatly instigated the spread of religious fundamentalism throughout Arab countries, in response and revolt to the atheism of communist forces and countries. Among those groups was a man named Osama bin Laden, whose group that was started in direct opposition to Soviet involvement in Afghanistan eventually became Al Qaeda.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:27 AM

When it comes to the Middle East, apparently the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And the road to paradise is filled with bad intentions.

I'd love to see western countries say collectively, "Go - and never darken my towels again!" in the style of Groucho Marx. But of course that will never happen - at least not as long as there is oil beneath the sand and the ruins of so many civilizations. That region is a bloody mess.

Old 09-07-2015, 09:44 AM

80 posts, read 75,024 times
Quote:
When it comes to the Middle East, apparently the road to hell is paved with good intentions. And the road to paradise is filled with bad intentions.

I'd love to see western countries say collectively, "Go - and never darken my towels again!" in the style of Groucho Marx. But of course that will never happen - at least not as long as there is oil beneath the sand and the ruins of so many civilizations. That region is a bloody mess.
Well you Americans sure do a lot of talking, considering the fact the Middle east is the mess it is, thanks to uncle sam!

Old 09-07-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayser View Post
Well you Americans sure do a lot of talking, considering the fact the Middle east is the mess it is, thanks to uncle sam!
And Europe. And Russia. And China. Etc, Etc, Etc.

Oh, and let's not leave out the Middle Easterners themselves - they don't have an ancient or modern history of peaceful co existence with their neighbors - or distant countries for that matter.

Old 09-07-2015, 10:00 AM

80 posts, read 75,024 times
Quote:
And Europe. And Russia. And China. Etc, Etc, Etc.

Oh, and let's not leave out the Middle Easterners themselves - they don't have an ancient or modern history of peaceful co existence with their neighbors - or distant countries for that matter.
Sure

I mean they've all been bombarding the **** out of the middle east in the last 30 years right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe