Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 12:05 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,732,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Oh, please do tell how the U.S. created the euro crisis.
I thought it was a well known fact but here you go

Robert Reich: How Goldman Sachs Helped Create the Greek Debt Crisis - Truthdig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 12:10 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,263,329 times
We've got our own problems, you also have to consider that maybe some countries can't handle the volume of migrants?

Old 09-11-2015, 12:11 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,263,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Yeah she went crazy letting all those people in. I don't know what she was thinking, i'm not sure she thought it through.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:23 PM

4,449 posts, read 4,620,890 times
Re: "This is about sacrificing culture and security. It's like letting a bunch of cats into an aviary. I wonder how many more terrorist attacks it will take for Europe to wake up"

An argument for closed European borders then? A future of Fortress Europe perhaps? Things is it would appear that all refugees apparently are deemed terrorists. But in fact for the most part it would appear more are simply just running from war, death and destruction. With the way they are treated in some countries you'd think they were low-life's, vagrants, scum of the earth.

Europe indeed has been dealt a tough hand. But it sure looks as if she will have to answer a question and that is 'what constitutes a 'European' now? Those refugees are forcing them to answer. Difficult times ahead for sure.

Old 09-11-2015, 12:39 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travric View Post
Re: "This is about sacrificing culture and security. It's like letting a bunch of cats into an aviary. I wonder how many more terrorist attacks it will take for Europe to wake up"

An argument for closed European borders then? A future of Fortress Europe perhaps? Things is it would appear that all refugees apparently are deemed terrorists. But in fact for the most part it would appear more are simply just running from war, death and destruction. With the way they are treated in some countries you'd think they were low-life's, vagrants, scum of the earth.

Europe indeed has been dealt a tough hand. But it sure looks as if she will have to answer a question and that is 'what constitutes a 'European' now? Those refugees are forcing them to answer. Difficult times ahead for sure.
They are very specific and picky where this safety lies aka. they are not refugees but economic migrants. The real refugees are in refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, not in the Budapest train station.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:18 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,540,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
You are quite the piece of work. So, a U.S. investment bank aids Greece in hiding its problems from Brussels, but it's all the American government's fault. Greece had no part in this reported subterfuge? Are you that anti-American, or are you just obtuse?

Old 09-11-2015, 01:21 PM

26,788 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
They are very specific and picky where this safety lies aka. they are not refugees but economic migrants. The real refugees are in refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon and Jordan, not in the Budapest train station.
No KuuKulgur.
If they are running from war and destruction, they are still "refugees," even if they are looking for better options in Europe than in "refugee camps of Turkey and Lebanon." And this is particularly more understandable, if they are from Syria's middle class.
"Economic migrants" in Western Europe - that's Eastern Europeans ( Balkans, Baltics, Bulgarians, Romanians) - you know, all those who are faring much better without Russia, who don't have any kind of wars, yet for some strange reason or the other feel the need to migrate to Germany/UK.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:29 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
No KuuKulgur.
If they are running from war and destruction, they are still "refugees," even if they are looking for better options in Europe than in "refugee camps of Turkey and Lebanon." And this is particularly more understandable, if they are from Syria's middle class.
"Economic migrants" in Western Europe - that's Eastern Europeans ( Balkans, Baltics, Bulgarians, Romanians) - you know, all those who are faring much better without Russia, who don't have any kind of wars, yet for some strange reason or the other feel the need to migrate to Germany/UK.
I sometimes dig your twisted sense of humor

It seems the further you are from Russia, the better you are doing, like somewhere in a sparsely populated place in Minnesota.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:39 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,464,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickandtiredofthis View Post
Yeah she went crazy letting all those people in. I don't know what she was thinking, i'm not sure she thought it through.
If she loves the refugees so much, why hasn't she offered up her own home to host some of them? This is nothing more than buying the minority vote. I hope it backfires. I feel sorry for all the people displaced by this war that truly are innocent. But does anyone else not notice that all the videos and photos at train stations they are all military aged males? Rarely do I see a few women and children. The other issue I have is that policies like Merkel and Obama with Latin America is encouraging people to risk their lives and bring babies across the sea/desert.

The Syrian crisis started with the Arab Spring and Assad attacking protesters. It developed into a civil war. Obama supported the Arab Spring and encouraged ppl to rise up. Who knows if he knew they were backed by the Muslim Brotherhood and other extremists groups. Heres the list of fallen countries that are now engulfed with internal conflict. Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia. Turkey is trending that way. Now Saudi Arabia and Iran will get in a Nuclear Arms race. All under Obamas watch.

Old 09-11-2015, 01:46 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,452,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
If she loves the refugees so much, why hasn't she offered up her own home to host some of them? This is nothing more than buying the minority vote. I hope it backfires. I feel sorry for all the people displaced by this war that truly are innocent. But does anyone else not notice that all the videos and photos at train stations they are all military aged males? Rarely do I see a few women and children.
Buying the minority vote? Last time I checked, the majority of the Germans are more than happy to welcome these Syrian refugees to their home. They even gathered in the train stations to cheer them as if they were some sort of war heroes.

And the reason why most of the refugees are male, I believe, is that most of the women and children died on their way. In case you haven't noticed, Syria to Hungary is a looooooong way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe