Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 01:54 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Buying the minority vote? Last time I checked, the majority of the Germans are more than happy to welcome these Syrian refugees to their home. They even gathered in the train stations to cheer them as if they were some sort of war heroes.

And the reason why most of the refugees are male, I believe, is that most of the women and children died on their way. In case you haven't noticed, Syria to Hungary is a looooooong way.
So a few hundred people are the majority?

Not sure if you have any experience in Middle Eastern nations but they dont treat Women too fairly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 02:01 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Buying the minority vote? Last time I checked, the majority of the Germans are more than happy to welcome these Syrian refugees to their home. They even gathered in the train stations to cheer them as if they were some sort of war heroes.

And the reason why most of the refugees are male, I believe, is that most of the women and children died on their way. In case you haven't noticed, Syria to Hungary is a looooooong way.
If you actually read comments on the German newspaper commentaries you would know that the majority don't approve this massive influx of immigrants. Those couple of softheaded lefties in the Munich train station certainly don't represent the average German opinion on this whole mess. They are wondering how the government found 10 bil. euros without making new debt, money that was missing from repairing the infrastructure, creating kindergarten places and so on.

And btw, you don't have to walk from the very east or south corner of Turkey to the Budapest train station. So the narrative that a huge amount of women and children are buried in the Anatolian plain and eaten by camels is BS.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:08 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,463,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
If you actually read comments on the German newspaper commentaries you would know that the majority don't approve this massive influx of immigrants. Those couple of softheaded lefties in the Munich train station certainly don't represent the average German opinion on this whole mess. They are wondering how the government found 10 bil. euros without making new debt, money that was missing from repairing the infrastructure, creating kindergarten places and so on.

And btw, you don't have to walk from the very east or south corner of Turkey to the Budapest train station. So the narrative that a huge amount of women and children are buried in the Anatolian plain and eaten by camels is BS.
Willing to bet quite a few women were sold to ISIS to obtain the funds to get a Euro Coyote.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:14 PM

8,867 posts, read 8,450,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
So a few hundred people are the majority?

Not sure if you have any experience in Middle Eastern nations but they dont treat Women too fairly.
The Syrian exodus “Germany! Germany!”
Quote:
A recent opinion poll shows that the share of Germans who want to accept as many or more refugees as have come so far has increased from 57% to 59% since August.
Idk how you define "majority" but close to 60% seems like "majority" to the rest of the world.

Quote:
I don't read German, but judging from how low the validity of English/Chinese newspaper commentaries(which I read) is, I would never buy them.

Quote:
Ok. Then I'd say that once the men(who are usually more capable of long travels) are granted asylum status, they can bring their family from Syria to Europe via plane. That makes more sense.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:17 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
I sometimes dig your twisted sense of humor

It seems the further you are from Russia, the better you are doing, like somewhere in a sparsely populated place in Minnesota.
Well yeah, a guy from Holland advised me ( on World's forum) to find an "abandoned cabin" somewhere in the mountains and to live off nature till the rest of my life. He said it was still possible in the US and impossible in Europe, because it's so overcrowded.
I thought may be he was looking for abandoned cabin too, so I advised him to look for one somewhere in Lithuania.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well yeah, a guy from Holland advised me ( on World's forum) to find an "abandoned cabin" somewhere in the mountains and to live off nature till the rest of my life. He said it was still possible in the US and impossible in Europe, because it's so overcrowded.
I thought may be he was looking for abandoned cabin too, so I advised him to look for one somewhere in Lithuania.
I think this is possible pretty much everywhere except the Netherlands and Belgium.

BUT, there are no 'mountains' in the Baltics, so your advice was misleading.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:43 PM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
I think this is possible pretty much everywhere except the Netherlands and Belgium.

BUT, there are no 'mountains' in the Baltics, so your advice was misleading.
I don't know, Jen Psaki was determined once to send American Navy to the shores of Belorussia.
I live in America too, so I don't see how I can't have my own geography. It's all about equality and human rights.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:47 PM

7,668 posts, read 5,262,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy87 View Post
If she loves the refugees so much, why hasn't she offered up her own home to host some of them? This is nothing more than buying the minority vote. I hope it backfires. I feel sorry for all the people displaced by this war that truly are innocent. But does anyone else not notice that all the videos and photos at train stations they are all military aged males? Rarely do I see a few women and children. The other issue I have is that policies like Merkel and Obama with Latin America is encouraging people to risk their lives and bring babies across the sea/desert.

The Syrian crisis started with the Arab Spring and Assad attacking protesters. It developed into a civil war. Obama supported the Arab Spring and encouraged ppl to rise up. Who knows if he knew they were backed by the Muslim Brotherhood and other extremists groups. Heres the list of fallen countries that are now engulfed with internal conflict. Libya, Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Sudan, Somalia. Turkey is trending that way. Now Saudi Arabia and Iran will get in a Nuclear Arms race. All under Obamas watch.
Yeah I noticed that aswell. I wonder are they sending them there for money to send back? I'm kinda fed up of that at this stage.

We get alot of that here with Poles. I say don't comehere if you are taking away our money!

Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
I don't know, Jen Psaki was determined once to send American Navy to the shores of Belorussia.
I live in America too, so I don't see how I can't have my own geography. It's all about equality and human rights.
Yes, the world isn't righteous at times. Sometimes I wish when I dive the beach at my town I would find amphoras and the ducks that I throw my old bread to would fly next to me when I ride my bike, but dreams are dreams

Old 09-11-2015, 03:16 PM

31,915 posts, read 26,999,286 times
Don't think Merkel is planning for these tens of thousands of "refugees" and the flood that is coming to remain in Germany. That is again once they have received proper asylum papers IIRC that will allow them to move anywhere within the EU. This is what worries other countries if not their elected officials but the general populace.

As previously stated many of these migrants do *NOT* speak German, but they do English. Why do you think there are scores of thousands of these migrants parking themselves in northern France near the Chunnel train tunnels and or ports? They want to get to the UK where supposedly jobs are easier to be had *and* no new language skills are required for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe