Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2015, 04:05 AM

10,889 posts, read 2,193,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
I know. Every French girl I've known says the same thing. It was difficult to believe, even though I heard these French girls saying the very same.

Who am I to call them all liars?
i really don't think French/Americans couples are as common as some say, maybe we find them "cool" on the TV and a lot of us want to go to the US for the culture and all but I don't think that Americans guys are particularly looked after here
well I don't know all the French girls of my country huh so maybe I'm totally off
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2015, 04:14 AM

59 posts, read 58,875 times
Many French/Western European girls that I see married to Americans/Foreigners from Developed Countries are rather a mismatch.

(I might be saying some "boutade")...but the social/economical/cultural status of girls is generally much lower. Either Americans pay attention to attractive but "not proper" girls or there's a socioeconomic attraction.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:43 AM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by humming100 View Post
(I might be saying some "boutade.
Do you mean "I'm probably saying some of this in jest"? (Remember, this is an English-language website.) Not many American guys I met in Paris knew French girls from the "lower socioeconomic strata" of France. Au contraire: Most American men in France are middle class and university students/graduates; they almost always meet Frenchwomen from the same social and educational milieu.

Old 09-23-2015, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonbauknight View Post
Do you mean "I'm probably saying some of this in jest"? (Remember, this is an English-language website.)

Quote:
Not many American guys I met in Paris knew French girls from the "lower socioeconomic strata" of France. Au contraire: Most American men in France are middle class and university students/graduates; they almost always meet Frenchwomen from the same social and educational milieu.
How many Americans did you see in Paris? I'm sure it's the only place in France where you can see them.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:31 PM

1,987 posts, read 2,111,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post

How many Americans did you see in Paris? I'm sure it's the only place in France where you can see them.
Paris is the only French city of any real size -- and it's a world city. France is known to have few big urban areas for a country of its large size and population (65 million). There aren't that many Americans in Lyon, Marseille, Grenoble, Toulouse, or even more "international" Strasbourg. Other than Paris, French cities don't attract many Americans at all, so most Franco-American couples will be in Paris or, at most, in ÃŽle-de-France.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:53 PM

181 posts, read 232,052 times
Quote:
I've always heard that French girls go for American guys
No. This is not Asia here. In France girls tend to be demanding, and there is no fascination for American guys. American guys here are thought of, for good or wrong reasons, as rather dull, especially in bed, and way too obsessed with hygiene (as in sanitizing everything in an extreme way). Also, French women like a macho attitude sometimes, and American guys can't deliver there. In a man, they're looking for a subtle mix of respect for the girl, total gender equality, no feeling of owning the girl, and at the same time a dose of macho attitude sometimes. Contradictory, I know, but that's the way French women are.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:47 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiReader View Post
In France girls tend to be demanding, and there is no fascination for American guys. American guys here are thought of, for good or wrong reasons, as rather dull, especially in bed...
Well, like I said, I'm not going to call all the French girls I know "liars" for telling me that they like American guys because American guys like going through the front door, while French guys all seem to want to go through the back door.

I don't know. I'm not a French girl. It seems, though, that "imagination" in bed to so many French guys means going in through the back door. Many French girls have told me that they prefer a bit less "imagination" in bed and that they would prefer men coming in and out through their front doors.

Again, I'm only repeating what I've been told by quite a few French girls.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Paris is the only French city of any real size -- and it's a world city.
Right. This is going to make me angry. Of any real size, huh? For who? Oh yeah sure we don't have American-type cities here, so what? It doesn't mean that there isn't cities with "any real size".

Quote:
France is known to have few big urban areas for a country of its large size and population (65 million).
You make it sound like it's a bad thing. 65millions isn't that big of a population, we have many small communes scattered everywhere, how do you expect the country to have, I don't know, 10 cities with more than 4-5millions habs? Just a small density of population -- not much big urban areas.

Quote:
There aren't that many Americans in Lyon, Marseille, Grenoble, Toulouse, or even more "international" Strasbourg.
But there's a big community of British people not too far away from where I live so you're right, it just must be another American thing.

Quote:
Other than Paris, French cities don't attract many Americans at all, so most Franco-American couples will be in Paris or, at most, in ÃŽle-de-France.
If they tried at least to visit the rest of the country, maybe they'll find something they'd like in a city of not "any real size" in our good little provinces. But foreigners and particularly Americans it seems, seems only to think France -- Paris. Like it's the only real thing in the whole country. Not surprising that sometimes they pass as ignorant people.

There I'm done with my ranting.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiReader View Post
No. This is not Asia here. In France girls tend to be demanding, and there is no fascination for American guys. American guys here are thought of, for good or wrong reasons, as rather dull, especially in bed, and way too obsessed with hygiene (as in sanitizing everything in an extreme way). Also, French women like a macho attitude sometimes, and American guys can't deliver there. In a man, they're looking for a subtle mix of respect for the girl, total gender equality, no feeling of owning the girl, and at the same time a dose of macho attitude sometimes. Contradictory, I know, but that's the way French women are.
Your post reminded me of when I used to read my horoscope. Like a simple paper could know me better than myself. Funny.

Quote:
Well, like I said, I'm not going to call all the French girls I know "liars" for telling me that they like American guys because American guys like going through the front door, while French guys all seem to want to go through the back door.
lol really, did you ever heard that apparently all French men are somewhat gay? that must be why.

Quote:
I don't know. I'm not a French girl. It seems, though, that "imagination" in bed to so many French guys means going in through the back door. Many French girls have told me that they prefer a bit less "imagination" in bed and that they would prefer men coming in and out through their front doors.

Again, I'm only repeating what I've been told by quite a few French girls.
The girls you've met must have been real stuck-up Parisiennes, that must be it. Or maybe some rural girls born in the middle of la Creuse... whatever.

These girls seems weird.

Old 09-23-2015, 11:22 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,584,414 times
Quote:
lol really, did you ever heard that apparently all French men are somewhat gay? that must be why.
I never heard that.

Quote:
The girls you've met must have been real stuck-up Parisiennes, that must be it. Or maybe some rural girls born in the middle of la Creuse... whatever.

These girls seems weird.
Dunno.

A simple Google search, however, seems to confirm that the issue does indeed exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe